Penistone, South Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine didn't either. i sure didn't save for it though. you'll be aiight!
yeah, what kid saves for college? like, maybe more than $50?

i mean, that's why there's student loans and on-campus employment. no 18 year old has thousands saved up for college, unless a fun was started for them as a baby or they're just that fucking cheap.

I'm going to wait on Kid A till tomorrow. I'm not awake enough to give it a full listen.

i mean, that's why there's student loans and on-campus employment. no 18 year old has thousands saved up for college, unless a fun was started for them as a baby or they're just that fucking cheap.

I paid for 1/3 of my tuition, my parents paid 1/3 and the last 1/3 was done with loans.

:fuckyeah:

i had scholarships cover a good chunk of undergrad. then an assistantship for master's. the gov't is gonna repay my loans when i finish this degree. so yeah, rising tuition costs is scary, but it can all be navigated to your advantage.

I agree. I think it was the Bondfest that did it.

We bonded over bondfest? :)

No, actually, he started to revert to the way he was a year or so ago. For a while there, he was quite the bitter young man and was more or less looking to start fights and such. Now, he's rarely doing that......Might be hypocritical of me, as I start shit sometimes, but he really seemed to go out of his way sometimes. I am glad that he stopped, though, I like him.

I take it you're not a fan.

Oh, I really enjoy a lot of Radiohead. The Bends and OK Computer are just fantastic, and the latest, In Rainbows, is the best thing they've done since that era.

And while I like scattered songs from Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief, I've just never gotten into them as entire albums. There are some excellent pieces of music to be found, but they get bogged down with parts that, to me, are just very boring.

I was ecstatic about In Rainbows, though. Very pleased with that album.

We bonded over bondfest? :)

No, actually, he started to revert to the way he was a year or so ago. For a while there, he was quite the bitter young man and was more or less looking to start fights and such. Now, he's rarely doing that......Might be hypocritical of me, as I start shit sometimes, but he really seemed to go out of his way sometimes. I am glad that he stopped, though, I like him.

Me too. He was one of my first friends on here, so it's good to see that as well.

I like the dysfunctional ZS family we have up there. I'll leave it to you to figure that out who is who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom