Pauatahanui, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you knew this!

I wouldn't do a mad European trek without hitting the Netherlands.

Ace!

Let me offer you the same as I offered Ali then. My empty house, which will save you a lot on Amsterdam hotels.

The rents will be on holidays and I can kick my sister out anytime back to her student house in Utrecht, so yea, I'll be home alone anyway. It's about 30 minutes by train to Amsterdam, with a train going pretty much near the Arena(venue) with only 1 stop on the subway. And you guys can get 40% discount on train tickets with my student card.

So you can even catch a Dutch train! Which you also will if you ever wanna leave Schiphol, but yea. You get the point!

Oh and your very own personal Amsterdam tour Guide, ofcourse!

Ace!

Let me offer you the same as I offered Ali then. My empty house, which will save you a lot on Amsterdam hotels.

The rents will be on holidays and I can kick my sister out anytime back to her student house in Utrecht, so yea, I'll be home alone anyway. It's about 30 minutes by train to Amsterdam, with a train going pretty much near the Arena(venue) with only 1 stop on the subway. And you guys can get 40% discount on train tickets with my student card.

So you can even catch a Dutch train! Which you also will if you ever wanna leave Schiphol, but yea. You get the point!

Holy shit, really? Awesome, thanks so much! My current plan is to hit Dublin, London, Amsterdam, and any other shows I can swing (Paris with Renato? Brussels?). And I am TOTALLY going to the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, you have no idea how set on doing that I am.

They have awesome trains to photograph!

... wait, you didn't mean that.

Seriously, yes, why not! When we went on the big OS trek a couple of years back, I was photographing all these bins and post boxes in London. My sister thought I was mental, but I refused to listen. That is, until I remembered that London is heavily monitored by CCTV and my photographing bins and post boxes may have looked entirely too strange to the poms.

But really, I reckon you could write yourself off on a few euro and a few spare hours in Amsterdam!

:up:

Holy shit, really? Awesome, thanks so much! My current plan is to hit Dublin, London, Amsterdam, and any other shows I can swing (Paris with Renato? Brussels?). And I am TOTALLY going to the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, you have no idea how set on doing that I am.

I want to go to Dublin and London aswell. And the latest rumours claim Amsterdam sandwiched inbetween London first, and then Dublin after so it would all fall in the same two weeks. We're gonna have a major party there man.

But do you plan to go to all the shows in one location or just one show per?

I'll try to get as many tix for Amsterdam anyway.

Seriously, yes, why not! When we went on the big OS trek a couple of years back, I was photographing all these bins and post boxes in London. My sister thought I was mental, but I refused to listen. That is, until I remembered that London is heavily monitored by CCTV and my photographing bins and post boxes may have looked entirely too strange to the poms.

But really, I reckon you could write yourself off on a few euro and a few spare hours in Amsterdam!

:lol: Well, he'll have fun with the trains. I'll go have fun elsewhere. :wink:

I just about travel through my camera and see everything through the viewfinder. Especially now that I have the DSLR. I'll be going nuts. :drool:

I want to go to Dublin and London aswell. And the latest rumours claim Amsterdam sandwiched inbetween London first, and then Dublin after so it would all fall in the same two weeks. We're gonna have a major party there man.

But do you plan to go to all the shows in one location or just one show per?

I'll try to get as many tix for Amsterdam anyway.

I'll aim to do as many gigs as possible, but I most want to do the second/third shows, so I wouldn't be too upset if I had to pass on the first gig in a particular city. I also want to sightsee, since I obviously might not be in Europe again in a hurry, so I'm not sure how keen I will be on queuing at extreme length for every show. I'll want to be up front for SOME, but I also want to see Amsterdam, Dublin, London, wherever else, you know?

Anyway, I don't know how I'll go with sources, and I tend to keep pretty quiet about anything I do happen to find out through being involved with U2gigs, but anybody I'm seeing gigs/travelling/hanging out with will be kept in the loop as much as I am. I've known some stuff before it happened, and I don't mean just because I read a rumour on here ...

Ace!

Empty house? Alien stores? Mushrooms? Weed? Heineken in cans?

Dammit, I'm so doing this.

I'll aim to do as many gigs as possible, but I most want to do the second/third shows, so I wouldn't be too upset if I had to pass on the first gig in a particular city. I also want to sightsee, since I obviously might not be in Europe again in a hurry, so I'm not sure how keen I will be on queuing at extreme length for every show. I'll want to be up front for SOME, but I also want to see Amsterdam, Dublin, London, wherever else, you know?

Anyway, I don't know how I'll go with sources, and I tend to keep pretty quiet about anything I do happen to find out through being involved with U2gigs, but anybody I'm seeing gigs/travelling/hanging out with will be kept in the loop as much as I am. I've known some stuff before it happened, and I don't mean just because I read a rumour on here ...

Yea I can understand that, that's why I hoped the gigs wouldn't be in a row, so I'd have some time sightseeing, esp in Dublin.
I know a friend whose parents are huge fans, she told me yesterday that her dad is able to get tickets trough a friend. I am asking her wether she can get them for me too, if that's so that'll be ace. Otherwise I'll try trough ticketbastard myself, probably going to use our pc aswell so I can try twice at the same time.

How do the tickets go on sale btw? All in the same day or is it, say, London first.. then after a few days Amsterdam... then Dublin...

:flirt:

:lol:

And EEN? I know you're reading this! I :tsk: at you!
Wow this must be the first time I've seen you use that icon! :combust:

Empty house? Alien stores? Mushrooms? Weed? Heineken in cans?

Dammit, I'm so doing this.

Yep. And empty house also means a place to bake spacecakes. :wink:

Heineken in cans, bottles, home bar equipment, you can get it in so many different ways.

bono8675309 (9:43:13 PM): it's fate bon
bono8675309 (9:43:14 PM): http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/u2-mighty-boosh-194486.html
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:49 PM): WHAT
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:51 PM): WHAT
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:51 PM): WAHT
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:53 PM): WAHTH
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:55 PM): AHWAHT
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:43:59 PM): OH FUCK YOU U2
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:44:08 PM): NOW I'M NOT GOING TO BUY A PHYSICAL COPY OF YOUR STUPID ALBUM
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:44:14 PM): GODDAMMIT

I AM TAKING A STAND.

Yea I can understand that, that's why I hoped the gigs wouldn't be in a row, so I'd have some time sightseeing, esp in Dublin.
I know a friend whose parents are huge fans, she told me yesterday that her dad is able to get tickets trough a friend. I am asking her wether she can get them for me too, if that's so that'll be ace. Otherwise I'll try trough ticketbastard myself, probably going to use our pc aswell so I can try twice at the same time.

How do the tickets go on sale btw? All in the same day or is it, say, London first.. then after a few days Amsterdam... then Dublin...

Last time, different cities went on sale on different days. This isn't actually what happened (I can't remember how it really went), but as an example - UK dates might go on sale on a Monday, Ireland on a Tuesday, Benelux the next week. It can be a bit of a mess and depends on who's doing the ticketing in each country. I'll be braving the general sale, which scares the shit out of me re: Dublin.

Honestly, if I do ten gigs that close together, I'll have time before (and maybe after) to do some sightseeing ... I hope so anyway. We'll see how it works out. I want to spend as little money as possible, as you can imagine!

Goodnight to Ashley and the sluggish Anna! :wave:

bono8675309 (9:43:14 PM): http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f196/u2-mighty-boosh-194486.html
PinkTurnstoBlue7 (9:44:08 PM): NOW I'M NOT GOING TO BUY A PHYSICAL COPY OF YOUR STUPID ALBUM

I AM TAKING A STAND.

YOU FIGHT THE POWER, BONNIE.

Last time, different cities went on sale on different days. This isn't actually what happened (I can't remember how it really went), but as an example - UK dates might go on sale on a Monday, Ireland on a Tuesday, Benelux the next week. It can be a bit of a mess and depends on who's doing the ticketing in each country. I'll be braving the general sale, which scares the shit out of me re: Dublin.

Honestly, if I do ten gigs that close together, I'll have time before (and maybe after) to do some sightseeing ... I hope so anyway. We'll see how it works out. I want to spend as little money as possible, as you can imagine!

Phew. I hope that happens. I'll have time to try all three then. All three dates scare me, Dublin the most, then Amsterdam, then london. Keep in mind that last tour Amsterdam sold out within an HOUR!

I HOPE these dates don't go on sale in the weekend. Or I'll have to call in sick to work.

I AM TAKING A STAND.

I actually don't even know what that show is. :uhoh: Is it that bad?

Phew. I hope that happens. I'll have time to try all three then. All three dates scare me, Dublin the most, then Amsterdam, then london. Keep in mind that last tour Amsterdam sold out within an HOUR!

I HOPE these dates don't go on sale in the weekend. Or I'll have to call in sick to work.

Oh, was it a whole hour? Then I'm cool with that. See, I'm terrified of a repeat of the US leg, where Boston went within a couple of MINUTES. I don't fucking know how I got GA to two gigs there. And, hell, I got through for a Crowded House gig that sold out in the first MINUTE. Really, the biggest worry is the ticketing website's server going to shit. I just keep refreshing heavily leading up to the onsale time and get in the first second I can.

They tend to go on sale on weekdays. In fact, I've never seen a gig go on sale on a weekend before.

Oh, was it a whole hour? Then I'm cool with that. See, I'm terrified of a repeat of the US leg, where Boston went within a couple of MINUTES. I don't fucking know how I got GA to two gigs there. And, hell, I got through for a Crowded House gig that sold out in the first MINUTE. Really, the biggest worry is the ticketing website's server going to shit. I just keep refreshing heavily leading up to the onsale time and get in the first second I can.

They tend to go on sale on weekdays. In fact, I've never seen a gig go on sale on a weekend before.

Ok that's way too fast. :yikes: Please don't let hat happen here!

Phew, no sales on weekends is good. I can skip school, not work.

I hope ticketbastard will live. I need to borrow my parents creditcard if I want tix for Dublin and London though, the Dutch gigs I can pay trough online banking. Which is just perfect for me. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom