Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:

I love how at the Independent Spirit Awards, a film that takes place in Ireland is considered "foreign". British films don't get this distinction. At least with the Oscars it has to be in another language.

:shrug: I suppose, but hey I am bias when it comes to this lil film! :D

got_edge said:
So which of the other 4 nominees should receieve the recognition?

Two flicks that got ignored actually: Zodiac and The Darjeeling Limited.

I liked Juno, I even liked the script, save for some of the more hipster-shit lines ("homeskillet" line, por ejemplo), but it's not major award-worthy.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I liked Juno, I even liked the script, save for some of the more hipster-shit lines ("homeskillet" line, por ejemplo), but it's not major award-worthy.

I'll refrain from the appropriating the current trend of pasting that 15 times.

You're welcome.

I actually felt that way about Little Miss Sunshine. I liked it, but didn't think it was nearly as good as (apparently) everyone else. I was so relived it didn't win Best Picture.

corianderstem said:
I actually felt that way about Little Miss Sunshine. I liked it, but didn't think it was nearly as good as (apparently) everyone else. I was so relived it didn't win Best Picture.

I liked LMS more than Juno and can probably watch that one more. It's definitely more deserving of any acclaim than Juno is, that's for sure.

Back to Juno, Ellen Page does deserve mention, but probably not the film as a whole. Her character, and the way she played it, reminded me of Holden Cauffield from Catcher in the Rye - maybe I'm alone in that comparison.

Little Miss Sunshine didn't belong in that lineup last year either. But at least it didn't come off as amateurish and too winky-winky.

Plus, that moment where Olive comes out to Superfreak had me laughing harder than anything in Juno.

I've yet to see Juno, but, I bet it pales in comparison to LMS. Agreed that LMS was a tad overrated, but I still enjoyed/enjoy it a lot. I'm guessing Juno comes, and then it'll go.

No spoken words said:

I told YLB that 1/2 my posts in Cinema City are designed to get you to fuck with them. You rarely disappoint.

Soon I will release my masterwork of The Complete Lemon MacPhisto Journal, edited by Yours Truly.

No spoken words said:

No, Lance looks at Laz with something a tad more powerful than familial love, YLB. Different category there.

Well, he is his bastard son. A bastard in a basket, perhaps?

No, I'm not usually much for the red carpet stuff, at least the E! channel stuff that goes on and on and on. I'll probably turn on ABC at 5 or whatever and catch the highlights.

I love love LOVE that it's live on the west coast. For once, we don't have to watch something on tape delay! It's so nice to be able to watch the whole thing and go to bed at a reasonable time. :drool:

corianderstem said:

I love love LOVE that it's live on the west coast. For once, we don't have to watch something on tape delay! It's so nice to be able to watch the whole thing and go to bed at a reasonable time. :drool:

Ditto! :drool:

Me too cori & thora! Cheers to the westcoasters :hi5:

Will this be the actual thread for the show, or should there be one? :shrug:

Regis & the whole ABC pre-show is awful! :yikes:
E was much better and more laid back (obviously less time constraints there) with Seacrest and company...

Last years recaps...
Best Actor - Forest Whitaker
Best Actress - Helen Mirren
Best Supporting Actor - Alan Arkin
Best Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson
Best Director - Martin Scorsese
Best Adapted Screenplay - The Departed
Best Original Screenplay - Little Miss Sunshine
Best Picture - The Departed

Less than 10 minutes til showtime :hyper:

Lila64 said:
Regis & the whole ABC pre-show is awful! :yikes:
E was much better and more laid back (obviously less time constraints there) with Seacrest and company...

I agree with you about Regis. :huh:

E was more entertaining, but still quite painful to watch.

Glad that all of that is over!

Well, that was a pretty shitty opening.

I like it when they do some silly sort of thing with the host. This was just a bunch of CGI crap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom