Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't be the only one who spent half that movie wanting to stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork? Courtesy of this Oscar-winning screenplay.

lazarus said:
And don't you get mucho rain up there?

It rains a lot, but not usually torrentially like you'd get in a thunderstorm.

We might get one crack of thunder, and that constitutes a thunderstorm out here. East of the mountains, or even in the foothills of the Cascades, they get more storms.

It sucks. :(

I thought it was awkward at the start of the movie, but got a lot better as it went along, once it ditched that self-conscious teenaged hipster talk or whatever.

I still like Diablo, despite all her unfortunate backlash. Her book about being a stripper was a riot.

corianderstem said:
got a lot better as it went along, once it ditched that self-conscious teenaged hipster talk or whatever.

When did that part happen? :wink:

(I agree it got better, that made it bearable and the fact I really like Ellen Page. But it never really ditched that talk.)

Don't get me wrong - I don't think it should have won. But I figured it was going to. It's the concilatory award the academy gives to whatever the "hip" movie is that they snub in the other categories.

I think maybe the story itself got better and more involving, so I didn't notice the little hipster dialogue after a point.

Man, is it almost over? It seems so early still. :lol:

I dig Jeremy Irons.

Back
Top Bottom