Okkervil River thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was awesome. You get to see an incredible amount of detail that close, and Will's interaction with the band was pretty great.

They played the entire new album (with a string ensemble to accompany), and I'm looking forward to it. Everything is a bit of a blur now, but I liked most of it. Definitely a much slower paced album than Silver Gymnasium, but some gorgeous melodies. Okkervil RIP was great live.

They only played a few old songs. Notably, they had completely different arrangements for For Real and Unless It Kicks. I'm glad they are trying something new, but no need to touch what's already perfect in my opinion. They were still great, though. I can't seem to find any video of the new arrangements online, unfortunately.

Very cool, I'm jealous. I was pretty much that close the second time I saw them, extremely memorable. Let me know if you do find any videos of those new versions.

By the way, this came out today:

Very cool, I'm jealous. I was pretty much that close the second time I saw them, extremely memorable. Let me know if you do find any videos of those new versions.

Just found a video of For Real from a couple of weeks ago:

Ugh. Sorry! Hopefully they will be around again once the album is released.

I still prefer the original live version of For Real, though.

14054459_10154011891964472_396228922185030970_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom