Oingo Boingo thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeadMansParty

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ive been delaying this cause as you all know Im a huge boingo fan, Ive even got a boingo tattoo, what are your favorite boingo songs and what do you like about them?

I've only heard a few songs here and there, but my favorite one out of all the ones I've heard is "Goodbye, Goodbye". Such a fun, fun song to dance around to. And I have good memories of singing along to "Weird Science" when I was a kid.

What do I like about them? I like how their music is so out there and unique, they're a quirky little group, they throw in all kinds of musical elements, which makes for some very interesting results.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
I've only heard a few songs here and there, but my favorite one out of all the ones I've heard is "Goodbye, Goodbye". Such a fun, fun song to dance around to. And I have good memories of singing along to "Weird Science" when I was a kid.

What do I like about them? I like how their music is so out there and unique, they're a quirky little group, they throw in all kinds of musical elements, which makes for some very interesting results.

Angela

thats a great description!

i've been interested in these dudes.. accidentally got one of their songs mislabled as nick cave and the bad seeds.
what is there most recommendable album?

i too have only heard a couple of their songs (i think just weird science and dead man's party) but they sound pretty good. there's one xm station that seems to play them all the time.

so yeah, i second skeek's question.

wow, there is so much to listen to, I would start out with ' dead mans party" " only a lad" and " nothing to fear"

Man I forgot about "Only a lad"! That's a great song.

I've always thought it a pity Danny went off to become the soundtrack king. Sure he's richer but is he really happier??

:wink:

They have a best of. I've had it for ages....dont know if I've ever listened to it all the way through.....

So obviously there is more than Stay from 20 years ago? :lol: God I feel old all of a sudden. :slant: If that is any indicator, I'm curious for recommendations though. I recently (last week) put Stay on an 80s mix I made. Great shit.

blueeyedgirl said:
Man I forgot about "Only a lad"! That's a great song.

I've always thought it a pity Danny went off to become the soundtrack king. Sure he's richer but is he really happier??

:wink:

he is, thats hwy they broke up, they all have different things they are involved in, steve the guitarist is the arrangement for most of danny's scores, and they didnt want to break up as 80 year olds, so they did it when they thought it was right, and all remain great friends and appear on alot of eachother's projects

oingo boingo is so unique because of their mixture of different musical elements.. in other words they're great cause their music fanfreakintastic. :drool:

love dead mans party :up:
i could prance around in my undies in my room forever listening to them :wink:

Back
Top Bottom