Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a fucking semi-final berth on the line too. That sort of thing wouldn't have particularly shocked me in recent years, but we've made such huge strides this season that I thought that shit was behind us and it leaves a slightly sour taste.

Sachin walking out for his last innings. Amazing photo.

Bk1WDIpCEAEX6LA.jpg

we're number one in the world again! feels undeserved...

Australia +1
South Africa -1
England +1
Pakistan +1
India -2
NZ +1
Sri Lanka -1
West Indies
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

I really hope he isn't Player X as he says, but it's not looking good.

Also, somebody should tell him that as soon as you suggest that "dark forces" are conspiring against you, you start losing credibility.

NZ smashed WI in the first Test.

And with a new-look side England notched up 575 against Sri Lanka at Lord's. Root got 200 not out (ughhh can you imagine how fucking boring that would have been), fifties to Bell and Prior. SL got 453 in reply with Sangakkara getting 147, Mathews his third career ton.

I'll be gutted if Cairns is found guilty of anything. One of the greatest sporting moments of my life was when I saw him at the 'Gabba in about 2001 smash a century to beat South Africa in a triangular ODI series with Australia (the famous one where Australia missed the finals in their own country).

NZ smashed WI in the first Test.

Yeah I'm pretty chuffed by the New Zealand victory. That Mark Craig chap had one hell of a debut. Southee's figures were pretty impressive too.

Of course the first Test's effort was too good to last... that's the Black Caps I know!

India was 9/346.

Then Bhuvenshwar Kumar and Mohammed Shami (Test avg 3.3, first-class avg 9.6 HS 33*) put on 111 for the final wicket. Kumar got 58 and Shami 51*, including a driven six off Anderson for his fifty. They were all out 457.

As if that wasn't glorious enough, Cook was then out for five, bowled round his legs as he tried to compensate for shortcomings against the ball outside off.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/7/11/england-india-first-test-day-two-trent-bridge

Yet again, Test cricket just proves to be the best. This Test is meandering towards a tame draw, but there's still cool stuff happening.

England was 7-202, having lost its its top order bar Root. Broad got 47 but soon after England was 9-298.

Enter Jimmy Anderson (who I love). Previous Test best of 34. He put on 198 for the last wicket with Root.

One hundred and fucking ninety-eight runs for the last wicket.

The previous best was Phil Hughes and Ashton Agar with 163. Anderson got 81 before getting out, Root (who I very begrudgingly admire) got 154 not out.

Shame the pitch is nearly fucking asphalt.

Well, well, England stumbling towards a new low.
Wonder what toss Cook will serve up now to defend his captaincy.

Well, that's as bad a loss as you'll ever see, in any sport. England, having won the toss on a green pitch, needed 318 for victory in plenty of time. They collapsed to 4/72. Ali and Root then put on 101 for the fifth wicket to give them a real sniff.

Enter Ishant Sharma. I can't really think of any players who have been ridiculed as much as him. He bounces out Ali for 39 with the last ball before lunch.

Back from lunch, Root and Prior play two really good, positive overs. And then, as I sat watching a stream mouth agape, Prior, Stokes, Root and Broad all played awful, brash, insane shots against Sharma's short ball. Sharma got his best-ever figures of 7/74.

ISHANT SHARMA FUCKING BOUNCED OUT ENGLAND.

And just to top it all off, Jadeja ran out Anderson.

Back
Top Bottom