Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warne is on your tv? Bah. The guy talks a lot of shit but at least he's entertaining, that's what I like from my pundits. Michael Holding has hands down got the best accent, he also talks the most sense as well I think. David Lloyd might have a great accent but don't forget he's from the same part of the world as this guy....

liam_gallagher-gal-bitchiest.jpg

Anyway can't believe we let Peter fucking Siddle get a hat trick, he's a decent bowler but he's no McGrath. He's like an Aussie version of Andre Nel, all blood and guts and tub-thumbing. Then again maybe I underestimated him :huh:

The Aussie innings will be interesting so that we can put Englands first innings into some sort of context as regards the pitch and overall score.

Hahaha... good call on Holding. Warne is very entertaining and provides great insight which is what you want. You know he's got his own talk show now? :lol:

Siddle bowled very well yesterday, all his wickets were good balls, but he is no McGrath no. Ian Bell looks awesome.

Hopefully you roll us for 300 or something, I want this series to go down to the wire.

Peter Siddle doesn't breathe. He holds air hostage.

Superman wears Peter Siddle pyjamas.

Peter Siddle doesn't wear a condom because there is no such thing as protection from Peter Siddle.

Siddle got lucky

Decent fightback by England today

I got the shitty Aussie commentary in NZ. Mark Nicholas is a traitor. Mark Taylor is awful as well

and Tony Grieg talks shit 24/7

I copped shit from mates today for hoping England would take a wicket (Hussey was plum) but I'm just barracking for close games and series. Awesome to see Huss make 195.

Felt sorry for Hussey going so close to a double century though.

If they can bat for long enough, they may well be able to force a draw. But that Hussey/Haddin partnership has probably won it for Australia.

Warne is on your tv? Bah. The guy talks a lot of shit but at least he's entertaining, that's what I like from my pundits. Michael Holding has hands down got the best accent, he also talks the most sense as well I think. David Lloyd might have a great accent but don't forget he's from the same part of the world as this guy....

liam_gallagher-gal-bitchiest.jpg

I'd love to hear Liam Gallagher commentate, personally. Uncensored, thanks.

India vs New Zealand 5 ODI series starting today in Guwahati. The stadium is just 2 miles from my home.

There are 4 local TV channels trying to cover all the details of both the team, but they still don't have a clue about the lineups. All they telling us is that

1) No player except Scott Styris waved to the crowd, while coming out of the airport.
2) Gautam Gambhir doesn't like chicken
3) Kiwis brought their own mineral water
4) Everyone is enjoying local fruits.
And
5) No one wants to buy tickets.

I wonder why... last time they played here, it was a sold out crowd.:hyper:

But the match was called off late in the afternoon (probably because of wet outfield). The crowd (waiting from about 8 in the morning) lost it's temper, and destroyed the stands, torched the seats and mutilated the cameras, specially the costly ones used for Hawk-Eye and Ultra slow motion replays. :sad:

Bet you wish you'd got Hussey out on 0 or 85 now... :wink:

Adelaide: Clarke, North, Johnson out; Jacques, Hughes, The Rug in.

Bonnie: if you think soccer highlights are more interesting than cricket highlights (let alone a day of test match cricket) than you are sadly deluded.

England now 1/500+. Impressive innings by the top three. :up:

The Australian bowling and fielding has been appalling - where exactly are 20 wickets going to come from this series? :doh:

Dump Johnson - I'm available for Adelaide.

This test smells just like the first test in Cardiff last year. Except Australia haven't totally dominated this test match.

And we all know what happened after Cardiff.

Damn, a draw. Didn't think there'd be enough time to get a result. English bowlers really should've taken at least a couple more wickets though.

Dud game, agree with peter Roebuck. Thereal loser was the curator. Benign pitch, benign result. It's the Ashes! I'd rather lose 5-0 than have a 0-0 draw.

On that note, North retained. He must have a good looking sister. And she must be very easy.

Seriously, I have it on good authority that that guy gives excellent blow jobs.

Johnson and hilfenhaus performed like the average cricketers they are.

They were banging on about "Kevin Mitchell Jr" all test about how he prepared a magnificent (Bill) and superb (Tony) pitch. Two wickets falling in two days as 600+ runs are scored? No thanks.

I don't think Khawaja has earnt his spot yet...

They were banging on about "Kevin Mitchell Jr" all test about how he prepared a magnificent (Bill) and superb (Tony) pitch. Two wickets falling in two days as 600+ runs are scored? No thanks.

I don't think Khawaja has earnt his spot yet...

That isn't even acceptable on days 1, 2 or 3, let along days 4 and 5.

Usman Khawaja
Born:December 18, 1986
Batting Style:Left-Hand Batsman
Bowling Style:Right Arm Medium

Batting And Fielding Averages
MAT INS NO RUNS HS AV 100 50 CT ST
23 36 2 1780 214 52.35 6 7 14 0

6 tons in 23 games, average of ovr 50... gotta be worth more than North's paltry 30-odd.

Steve Smith in the runs again today.

If they are going to pick one of the 2 spinners in 1st class cricket averaging nearly 50 with the ball, why wouldnt you pick the one that is also averaging nearly 50 with the bat?

Back
Top Bottom