Offical English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1-4 against Milton Bloody Keynes? Are you having a laugh Bradford. Meh, like I can speak, we're lucky to still have a club.

Well the match last night was a farce - and just goes to prove that Sven, really, does not have a clue what he's doing. He has serverly lost the plot. Those subs he made in the 2nd half were laughable. Followed by playing Andy Johnson completely out of position.
The game became a total joke to me, when Beckham handed his Captains armband to Michael Owen...OWEN??!!!:huh:
That great leader of men! That bloke who can hardly get a game for his club right now!
As Gary Neville was still on the pitch - surely he should've taken over?
Dyer/Jenas/Hargreaves....why?
I firmly believe that Dyer and Jenas are over-rated. Their performences for their club are hardly 'top class', and as for Hargreaves, I cannot think of a time when he has caused any kind of threat to an opponent of England's, since he has started being called up. I'm starting to think that Sven only picks him, because of the fact that he plays in a different country!
He took off Rooney when it should've been Owen, as Rooney had been more of a threat...uh...:|

He skillfully managed to avoide answering Garth Crooks' testing questions about the formation used and position of Johnson, and his smile when said that a + point was the partnership of Carragher and Brown - that was funny!
Yeah, that's a great + Sven, it's a shame that there's always gonna be around 5 other players ahead of them at centre-back, but never mind, congratulations on a brilliant stalemate anyway!

:|

I'd like to personally ask all the higher beings out there to grant me defeats for both Chelsea and Man U this weekend while granting a 5-0 win for the Gunners.

Thank you.

Also - if this could be repeated till the end of the season, I would be quite grateful.

Party Boy said:
I'd like to personally ask all the higher beings out there to grant me defeats for both Chelsea and Man U this weekend while granting a 5-0 win for the Gunners.

Thank you.

Also - if this could be repeated till the end of the season, I would be quite grateful.

Why would Jose Mourinho grant you a defeat for Chelsea?

tarquinsuperb said:

Why would Jose Mourinho grant you a defeat for Chelsea?

ooohh... good response!!

Well, Mourinho does seem to have the midas touch (albeit with the help of a £200 million budget......), but Wenger and, as much as I hate to say it, Ferguson have won more that Mr Jose. So I guess they at very least would be on the same higher level as Mourinho. Therefore, I am looking for even higher level inspiration...

Phew... got there in the end...

the gooners are going down...just accept defeat gracefully and move on. :wink:

and of course fergie and wenger have won more....jose has only been a manger for a few years. he's only 42 and has won 4 major trophies already. i don't think that's too bad if i do say so myself.

ps...love the comment on JM....nice touch :lol:

nope.. am going to be as stubborn an Arsenal fan you could ever wish to meet!

Actually, it does seem like we have some internal issues - Vieira playing crap, Cole being tapped up and Reyes making a fool of himself on Spanish radio. Its quite unlike Wenger to have such an unsteady ship. Think there is going to be quite a few changes over the summer..

fair enough...i'll give ya that. :wink:

yeah i think everyone is going to jump ship this summer too.

cole for more money...veira for a second try @ real madrid...and reyes is going to cry all the way back to spain which is good for you cause all he can do well is dive.

hopefully with all the money you guys get in transfers you'll be able to by a half decent goalkeeper and a somewhat better backline. :giggle:

Last edited:
Sweet Tart said:
fair enough...i'll give ya that. :wink:

yeah i think everyone is going to jump ship this summer too.

cole for more money...veira for a second try @ real madrid...and reyes is going to cry all the way back to spain which is good for you cause all he can do well is dive.

hopefully with all the money you guys get in transfers you'll be able to by a half decent goalkeeper and a somewhat better backline. :giggle:

Hey! Easy on our backline! sure its been fairly crap this year, but with Lehman in goal, last season we didnt lose once. So,... this season is just a blip!

Anyway, I remember when Chelsea had Dave Beasent in goal, Frank Sinclair, Frank LeBeouf, Michael Duberry and Babayaro in defence. Our time will come again!!!

I hope....

its a good time to tease me actually, cause we are going to be back next year! fingers crossed!!

Actually, I have to endure a few Chelsea season ticket holders beside me in work. Its light relief coming here!! Would be good for football if Chelsea did win this season as its a bit predictable. Then after this season, Chelsea dont win it again for another 50 years, by which time, I should be dead and buried and won't have to endure any Chelsea fans boasting! Unless of course i get buried beside a chelsea fan....

I think too much.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom