Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**Walks into the bar - almost tripping over the doorstep :drunk:**

**Goes behind bar and makes herself a banana-smootie**

Time for breakfast... (looks at her watch)... brunch... (looks at her watch again)... lunch - whatever! :shrug:

**Goes over to the couch and lies down**

After only getting in bed at around 4am... :crack: ...I'll just... :yawn:... take a little power-nap over here... :yawn: ...

Merc said:
**Walks into the bar - almost tripping over the doorstep :drunk:**

**Goes behind bar and makes herself a banana-smootie**

Time for breakfast... (looks at her watch)... brunch... (looks at her watch again)... lunch - whatever! :shrug:

**Goes over to the couch and lies down**

After only getting in bed at around 4am... :crack: ...I'll just... :yawn:... take a little power-nap over here... :yawn: ...

>>> :yawn: Walks into the bar, and notices that the fire went out in the fireplace. Goes round back, and plucks a few pieces of wood for the fire. Quietly attempts to restart fire, and is successfull doing so <<<

>>> Looks at Merc, :happy: and notices that her glasses are still on. Gently pulls them off and puts them on the table so they won't break <<<

*whispers to self * I wonder if she'll recognize me without the glasses?

>>> Thinks that she looks :cute: sleeping, but is also envious of the power nap. Crawls into a ball in the easy chair, and pulls the flannel blanket around my legs to add to the warmth. :yawn:

**Wakes up slowly... hearing the wood burning and feeling the heat from the fire.**

**Turns around on the side to watch the fire**

:eek:

Why is everything so extremely blurry...? :huh:

... and is someone sitting in the chair over there...? :eyebrow:

**Realises that she can't see anything because her glasses have been taken off**

**Starts to search the table with both hands**

:rant: ... Why am I blind like a mole... :rant: ... and where the :censored: are my glasses...? :grumpy:

Merc said:
**Wakes up slowly... hearing the wood burning and feeling the heat from the fire.**

**Turns around on the side to watch the fire**

:eek:

Why is everything so extremely blurry...? :huh:

... and is someone sitting in the chair over there...? :eyebrow:

**Realises that she can't see anything because her glasses have been taken off**

**Starts to search the table with both hands**

:rant: ... Why am I blind like a mole... :rant: ... and where the :censored: are my glasses...? :grumpy:

>>> Hears ::censored: :rant: and wakes up <<<

>>> Gets up, grabs pair of glasses and gently hands them to Merc before sinking back into the sofa <<<

Well, I guess that answers that question. You're vision is pretty bad isn't it? I wear contacts. How are you this morning?

Sings "A mole
Digging in a hole
Digging up my soul now
Going down, excavation"

Hey, did you notice where everyone went? I think they all left to download the new album on Kazaa. :shame: To each is own, but I'm going to wait. I still haven't heard the new B-Side yet. I expect the packages (Vertigo singles) to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

starsforu2 said:
>>> Gets up, grabs pair of glasses and gently hands them to Merc before sinking back into the sofa <<<

Well, I guess that answers that question. You're vision is pretty bad isn't it? I wear contacts. How are you this morning?

Notice something looking like a hand reaching out with a pair of glasses...

**Takes the glasses and puts them on**

That's better...

Tim!!! :happy: I couldn't see that it was you! Sorry 'bout the ranting... :reject:

To be honest... my vision is very bad... and it keeps getting worse - I need to change to stronger lenses once a year... :tsk:

... and I can't wear contacts on a daily basis 'cause they can't really correct my great astigmatism and my eyes get easily irritated... I can only use contacts when I'm skiing... :shrug:

Morning?! :laugh: I actually skipped 'morning' today... It's afternoon here now... I'm still a little :crack: after going out - we went to Foley's... an Irish pub... and they played U2 all the time we were there! :hyper: -

... but other than beeing a little :crack: I'm really fine... Trying to clean my appartment actually! :yes:

How has your day been so far?!

starsforu2 said:
Sings "A mole
Digging in a hole
Digging up my soul now
Going down, excavation"

Hey, did you notice where everyone went? I think they all left to download the new album on Kazaa. :shame: To each is own, but I'm going to wait. I still haven't heard the new B-Side yet. I expect the packages (Vertigo singles) to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

I don't like Kazaa... :tsk: ...but I did download "Are you gonna wait forever" when someone uploaded it in PLEBA... :reject: ... I've actually downloaded everything HTDAAB I could get my hands on... :eek:

Monday!!! :dance: :hyper: :drool:

I'm going to my record dealer as soon as my classes at uni ends... Someone actually asked me if we could meet monday evening and someone else if I could hang out on monday the 22nd - and my answers both times:

"NO! I already have a appointment with four Irish guys! :D "

:lol:

Merc said:

I don't like Kazaa... :tsk: ...but I did download "Are you gonna wait forever" when someone uploaded it in PLEBA... :reject: ... I've actually downloaded everything HTDAAB I could get my hands on... :eek:

Monday!!! :dance: :hyper: :drool:

I'm going to my record dealer as soon as my classes at uni ends... Someone actually asked me if we could meet monday evening and someone else if I could hang out on monday the 22nd - and my answers both times:

"NO! I already have a appointment with four Irish guys! :D "

:lol:

Do you like it? I've heard that it's rock & roll. I'm looking forward to it, but I have this strange sense of patience right now. I don't know why :shrug:

starsforu2 said:

Do you like it? I've heard that it's rock & roll. I'm looking forward to it, but I have this strange sense of patience right now. I don't know why :shrug:

I like it... :D

It sounds a little like: "Lady with the spinning head" meets ATYCLB-outtake... :yes:

... but from what I've heard from HTDAAB, it doesn't fit in with the other tracks on album, which is probably why it ended up as a b-side...

... I like "Are you gonna wait forever"...

...but so far I'm hopelessly in love with all the album tracks from HTDAAB!!! :love: :drool: :dance: :hyper:

Merc said:

Notice something looking like a hand reaching out with a pair of glasses...

**Takes the glasses and puts them on**

That's better...

Tim!!! :happy: I couldn't see that it was you! Sorry 'bout the ranting...

To be honest... my vision is very bad... and it keeps getting worse - I need to change to stronger lenses once a year...

... and I can't wear contacts on a daily basis 'cause they can't really correct my great astigmatism and my eyes get easily irritated... I can only use contacts when I'm skiing...

:sad: I'm sorry about your eyes changing. I have an astigmatism too, but my vision has been the same for over 6 years, for which I'm grateful. I just started wearing contacts full time about 2 years ago. They finally found some that don't irritate my eyes much and I forget that they are even in. :D

Morning?! :laugh: I actually skipped 'morning' today... It's afternoon here now... I'm still a little :crack: after going out - we went to Foley's... an Irish pub... and they played U2 all the time we were there!

... but other than beeing a little :crack: I'm really fine... Trying to clean my appartment actually! :yes:

How has your day been so far?! [/B]

My day is just getting started. I'm balancing the checkbook, reading the news, drinking coffee and listening to U2 play live in Tacoma, WA in 1992. Streets is on right now :dance:

I probably need to cleanup around here too. I turned the heat on for the first time this year. It was at about 55 degrees farenheit and I had a coat on, but since my nieces and nephews are coming over later, I figured that I would go ahead make it warm for them.

I'm still tired from staying up all week flirting with the girls here :wink: and generally trying to get some things done with the website in preparation for the new album.

I really do need to get up and do something more productive physically and not just virtually. I have a little more coffee left, so I can linger just a bit longer... Oh, btw :hug: New album soon!

Don't be sorry! :hug: It's been like that for the past... 15 years :shrug:

I hope that some day they invent contacts that could correct my bad vision and astigmatism perfectly, but so far they're only used for skiing 'cause I can't waer glasses underneath my goggles and... well, I don't have to see small details or read when I'm out there... moving in mysterious ways... :sexywink:

... or maybe... sometime... when I have a lot of money... I could get an operation - like Adam! :yes: If you notice his with Popmart glasses - they have some very strong lenses!

(Have seen too many pic in PLEBA! :reject: )

Enjoy your day!!! :happy:

...I'm off to wash the floor now... to the tones of ISHFWILF from Glasgow '87... I have a weakness for the JT-era... :drool:

I'll catch you later... for a dance...? :flirt:

:kiss: & :hug:

Last edited:
anybody there

i dunno hwat to do guys - do i download the album or not...???
help please?
what are you gyuys gonna do????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom