Oasis! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Oasis is great

the Gallagher Bros are wankers
Yep, I agree with you there.

Don't Believe The Truth was no where near as good as some of their older stuff, I much prefer Definitely Maybe.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Oooh tell us more!
Well, I was a fan for 10 years, then I finally met them last year. It was outside their hotel in Toronto. Liam was very friendly and chatty. He spent time signing stuff for everyone and posing for pictures. Noel was less than enthusiastic about it, but he was feeling ill. I thought it was great of him just to take the time to make sure everyone got an autograph.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I know, I know... I really enjoyed the last album, and saw them live at the Hollywood Bowl last year. I do like them, but only have the first album & the latest. I did pick up one other, but only played it once. Guess I should pop it in the player one of these days and give it another chance...
Yes, give it a chance. I agree Liam could stand to keep his mouth shut from time to time.. but then he wouldn't be Liam
Old 03-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #79
War Child

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
Oasis B-sides
Oh my god, I've just downloaded a bunch of Oasis b-sides and can't stop listening to them. I've pretty much heard all of the ones up till Be Here Now because a lot of them were on The Masterplan, but I just discovered the b sides from the last 3 albums. If you all get a chance, check out some songs like Idler's Dream, Shout It Out Loud, Let's All Make Believe, Full On, Take Me Away, Carry Us All, Sitting Here In Silence On My Own, Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders, Just Getting Older, Solve My Mystery, and probably my favorite, You've Got The Heart Of A Star. A lot of them are slower Noel sung songs with fantastic melodies and lyrics.

Also, I love Oasis and the Gallagher brothers. When Liam talks, it's just him taking the piss. Noel Gallagher has said that he's actually good friends with Bono and Chris Martin and that they all have a friendly rivarly going on as to who's the best.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:11 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:52 AM
It's the arrogance of Oasis that makes the personalities of Liam and Noel almost as enchanting as their music...

Oasis songs might be derivative and accessible, but it's not as if they're only making music to make a quick buck. Rather, they are merely doing what they love.

They say what they want, they say what they feel. They are much more real then most of the wankers in music out there. You know, the so-called "artistic" and "independent" musicians out there, who really need to get there head out of their own arse and start making music for the joy of it rather than trying to assert themselves as creative elites.

I'd rather arrogance over pretence...
Old 03-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
Oasis B-sides
Old 03-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #82
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
It's the arrogance of Oasis that makes the personalities of Liam and Noel almost as enchanting as their music...

Oasis songs might be derivative and accessible, but it's not as if they're only making music to make a quick buck. Rather, they are merely doing what they love.

They say what they want, they say what they feel. They are much more real then most of the wankers in music out there. You know, the so-called "artistic" and "independent" musicians out there, who really need to get there head out of their own arse and start making music for the joy of it rather than trying to assert themselves as creative elites.

I'd rather arrogance over pretence...
well said...
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kafrun

Well, I was a fan for 10 years, then I finally met them last year. It was outside their hotel in Toronto. Liam was very friendly and chatty. He spent time signing stuff for everyone and posing for pictures. Noel was less than enthusiastic about it, but he was feeling ill. I thought it was great of him just to take the time to make sure everyone got an autograph.

On the subject of Oasis B-sides:

They are, by and large, brilliant. Idler's Dream is on of my favourite songs of all time.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Speaking of B-sides, Oasis are supposed to be releasing a Masterplan 2 quite soon with the best B-sides from SOTSOG through to DBTT. So out of interest what would you lot put on the track listing?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #85
The Fly

Local Time: 09:52 PM
Quote:
Speaking of B-sides, Oasis are supposed to be releasing a Masterplan 2 quite soon with the best B-sides from SOTSOG through to DBTT.
Hope so!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Speaking of B-sides, Oasis are supposed to be releasing a Masterplan 2 quite soon with the best B-sides from SOTSOG through to DBTT. So out of interest what would you lot put on the track listing?
Let's All Make Believe
Cigarettes In Hell
Carry Us All
Full On
Just Getting Older
Shout It Out Loud
Pass Me Down The Wine
Sittin' Here In Silence (On My Own)

Throw in: Who put the weight of the world on my shoulders for good measure too.....

Problem is that there haven't been as many bsides in the latter half of the career so far as there were in the first.....

....personally I think an Oasis best of is due sometime soon, perhaps coupled with The Masterplan 2
Old 03-14-2006, 11:16 PM   #87
War Child

Idler's Dream
You've Got The Heart Of A Star
Old 03-14-2006, 11:27 PM   #88
New Yorker

Oasis isn't any more guilty than Led Zeppelin for ripping off bands. And almost everybody loves Zeppelin! So GO OASIS!
Old 03-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Problem is that there haven't been as many bsides in the latter half of the career so far as there were in the first.....
Yeah that's my problem with it too. In order just to get the 14 tracks of the original Masterplan you'd have to include nearly all of the B-sides they've done since Be Here Now.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

There were plenty of early B-sides that didn't make it onto Masterplan though, so they could be included. And there's quite a few:

Take Me Away
Columbia (White Label Demo)
D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman
Alive (8 Track Demo)
Up In The Sky (Acoustic)
Cloudburst
Whatever (I know this is an A-side, but it's never been released here in the U.S. and would fit perfectly)
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
It's Better People
Round Are Way
Step Out
Cum On Feel The Noize
Angel Child
Heroes
(I Got) The Fever
My Sister Lover
The Fame
Flashbax
Street Fighting Man
Sad Song

And that doesn't even include live versions of Supersonic, Live Forever, etc.

So there's plenty of stuff to choose from.