NHL 2005-2006, the year Canadians and all hockey fans try to make up for a lost year - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-05-2005, 01:09 PM   #31
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Happy NHL Day to ALL!!!!

__________________

__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 02:07 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
Happy NHL Day to ALL!!!!



Happy NHL day to you too!

GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO! GO HABS GO!
__________________

__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #33
ONE
love, blood, life
 
zoney!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: six metro locations
Posts: 11,293
Local Time: 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice
I came to the conclusion that Vertigo is a perfect NHL song.
YEah...something all about the spanish in it!

Habs and Bruins tied at the moment 1-1.

Rangers just scored on the Flyers...

I am finding it hard getting my ass off the couch to go for a run with Hockey on.
__________________
zoney! is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:59 PM
You know you've been deprived of hockey when you willingly listen a crappy live stream of the game over the Internet. I can't wait until I go home this weekend so that I can watch RDS! I'm very interested to see how the new rules will affect the game. Saturday will be a great game too - Habs versus the Maple Laughs. Can't wait!

Damn it, Kovalev, start firing. He had ONE shot that entire first period.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 03:59 PM
My poor Penguins are getting slaughtered...WHY???
So much for the dream team

Oh well, at least the Habs won! Must be the vibes left from U2 playing at the Fleet Centre last night!
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:59 PM
HA! I love you, Michael Ryder. Always have, always will! (As long as the Leafs never decide to pick you up).

Quote:
Must be the vibes left from U2 playing at the Fleet Centre last night!
Must be! Even the commentator on the radio channel I was listening in on mentioned it. I think they played Elevation twice over the arena speakers. Better than Vertigo twice, I suppose.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
You know you've been deprived of hockey when you willingly listen a crappy live stream of the game over the Internet. I can't wait until I go home this weekend so that I can watch RDS! I'm very interested to see how the new rules will affect the game. Saturday will be a great game too - Habs versus the Maple Laughs. Can't wait!

Damn it, Kovalev, start firing. He had ONE shot that entire first period.
You must have willed him to shoot more...Ryder got the rebound off his shot with 11 seconds left! Ryder's THE MAN...he's a great player, plus he's from here, not that I'm biased or anything

Btw, which do you prefer, hockey or cricket? I've always thought of cricket as baseball for the other side of the world, but I realize I could be completely wrong...I know nothing about it, except for the fact that the players get super elated whenever they win, score a point, etc.
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil


You must have willed him to shoot more...Ryder got the rebound off his shot with 11 seconds left! Ryder's THE MAN...he's a great player, plus he's from here, not that I'm biased or anything

Btw, which do you prefer, hockey or cricket? I've always thought of cricket as baseball for the other side of the world, but I realize I could be completely wrong...I know nothing about it, except for the fact that the players get super elated whenever they win, score a point, etc.
I know! I nearly got a fine from the RA, I yelled that loud! It's actually kind of exciting listening to it on the radio, because you're on the edge of your seat when the commentator starts using his "excited" voice.

Ryder IS the man! I even drove all the way to Hicktown last summer to snap a shot of his sign! (I also think I saw the back of his head at the petrol station there, but I might be wroooong).



Being a native of South Africa, I prefer rugby. Cricket is a close second. I've come to appreciate hockey a lot though, since moving to Canada in 2001. It's such an exciting game. And pbbbbhhbt, never mention cricket and baseball in the same sentence ever again!
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
HA! I love you, Michael Ryder. Always have, always will! (As long as the Leafs never decide to pick you up).



Must be! Even the commentator on the radio channel I was listening in on mentioned it. I think they played Elevation twice over the arena speakers. Better than Vertigo twice, I suppose.
And the announcer on the French channel I was watching it on too - he was complaining about the ice and blaming it on U2!
__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
Old 10-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl


I know! I nearly got a fine from the RA, I yelled that loud! It's actually kind of exciting listening to it on the radio, because you're on the edge of your seat when the commentator starts using his "excited" voice.

That's hilarious!... I know too well what that "excited" voice is like! I used to be a huge Gretzky/Ranger fan a few years ago. I was so dedicated, I would listen to AM Radio broadcasts late at night, when I could actually pick up faint New York station signals if I tuned the dial ever so gently...

The fact that you're from South Africa is a great story...I'm guessing hockey is not even on the radar there? You've become a great appreciator in such a short time.

I'll have to take a nod from you and expand my sporting mind. Hockey has been the only game I've watched/played with laser-like focus.

One thing I know for sure, however, those Rugby players are the toughest bastards on the planet, from what I've seen... = rugby face. Plus, they have great-looking socks...
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ladywithspinninghead


And the announcer on the French channel I was watching it on too - he was complaining about the ice and blaming it on U2!
Speaking of U2, anyone else notice how Streets is like the official song now for numerous NHL teams while they're taking to the ice?
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 03:18 AM   #42
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil


Speaking of U2, anyone else notice how Streets is like the official song now for numerous NHL teams while they're taking to the ice?
Vancouver used to have this for every game in the playoffs of 2003-2004 I think.

I also noticed streets for the Toronto game.
__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 03:20 AM   #43
Refugee
 
boosterjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CANADA
Posts: 1,810
Local Time: 01:59 PM
Who liked the Toronto-Ottawa shoutout???

I loved it! It really is an exciting part of the game now.



How about my Oilers??? Great to see them in fine form (with the exception of Conklin). MAn, Horcoff really has improved his game. He was dominant out there.
__________________
boosterjuice is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 08:43 AM   #44
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:59 PM
And the Islanders blew it. It's just like old times! YAY!


__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
ladywithspinninghead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,634
Local Time: 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by boosterjuice


Vancouver used to have this for every game in the playoffs of 2003-2004 I think.

I also noticed streets for the Toronto game.
Yes, and when Canada was playing at the last Olympics, they ALWAYS had Streets playing when the Canadian team came out onto the ice!!

Okay, for anyone who watched the Pens game last night because they only showed clips here and I was watching the Habs - did the Pens really stink or was Brodeur really THAT good??
__________________

__________________
ladywithspinninghead is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com