NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A broken wrist.

A hairline rib fracture.

A simultaneous ACL/LCL tear.

Chronic back spasms likely worsened by issues relating to last year's injury.

In back to back to back to back seasons.

By all means, go into 2019 with Nate Sudfeld to hold down the fort. As a Redskins fan, I think that's a great idea. He was great for us.

Last edited:
I had an intimate knowledge of that very subject until I repressed it.

What was 2013 like?

Last edited:
A broken wrist.

A hairline rib fracture.

A simultaneous ACL/LCL tear.

Chronic back spasms likely worsened by issues relating to last year's injury.

In back to back to back to back seasons.

By all means, go into 2019 with Nate Sudfeld to hold down the fort. As a Redskins fan, I think that's a great idea. He was great for us.

i'm not disputing that he's got an unfortunate history of injury, but he was having a season statistically on par with jared goff with zero running game and behind an injured o-line, after being put in in week 3 with very little practice time. he clearly didn't have the chemistry with the offense that he did last year or even full confidence in his ability to run yet, and still performed at a pro bowl level. the team was dogshit for the first two thirds of the season but that was at least 70% on the defense.

the injury he has now is not serious and it's only "season-ending" because it happened in the last few weeks of the year. if he still has these issues this time next year, sure go ahead and talk about moving on. but he deserves a proper offseason to recover and training camp get back into a rhythm with the offense first. suggesting it's time to cut bait now is silly and premature.

Last edited:
i'm not disputing that he's got an unfortunate history of injury, but he was having a season statistically on par with jared goff with zero running game and behind an injured o-line, after being put in in week 3 with very little practice time. he clearly didn't have the chemistry with the offense that he did last year or even full confidence in his ability to run yet, and still performed at a pro bowl level. the team was dogshit for the first two thirds of the season but that was at least 70% on the defense.

the injury he has now is not serious and it's only "season-ending" because it happened in the last few weeks of the year. if he still has these issues this time next year, sure go ahead and talk about moving on. but he deserves a proper offseason to recover and training camp get back into a rhythm with the offense first. suggesting it's time to cut bait now is silly and premature.
I never once explicitly said that the Eagles should cut bait with Wentz this off-season. I said that if they were to choose Foles over Wentz, particularly if they have another deep playoff run with him, I would understand the logic in it. A sturdy, consistent QB that wins championships in the clutch is hard to let go of.

But my main point is that the Eagles need to spend good money on the backup QB position this offseason if they can't get Foles back. The necessity of a great backup is illustrated league-wide. The Ravens would be nowhere with a Nathan Peterman behind Flacco. The Eagles will regret it if they trust in Wentz's health.

I never once explicitly said that the Eagles should cut bait with Wentz this off-season. I said that if they were to choose Foles over Wentz, particularly if they have another deep playoff run with him, I would understand the logic in it. A sturdy, consistent QB that wins championships in the clutch is hard to let go of.

But my main point is that the Eagles need to spend good money on the backup QB position this offseason if they can't get Foles back. The necessity of a great backup is illustrated league-wide. The Ravens would be nowhere with a Nathan Peterman behind Flacco. The Eagles will regret it if they trust in Wentz's health.

i don't think they should try to bring foles back as a backup next year even if he wins another superb owl mvp. the man has more than earned the right to a starting job somewhere. the eagles should give him that opportunity as thanks for what he's done.

and yes i agree 100% that having a solid backup is clearly very important and they shouldn't neglect that. i fully acknowledge the eagles would be at least three games out of the playoffs right now if not for nick foles. i think it's silly to keep foles and get rid of wentz and it makes no logical sense to do that. carson was drafted to be the qb of the next 10+ years and it is wayyyyy too early to consider that experiment a failure. but they should let nick walk and definitely focus on bringing in a solid, dependable backup as a replacement (aka not nate sudfield).

i don't understand how this kind of thing keeps happening to the eagles. this has been a wild ride.

i think they're going to get skullfucked next week by the saints but literally whatever happens this postseason is all just icing on the cake of last year.

This has very real potential to be the most miserable season I've ever watched.

My condolences, GAF. I was rooting hard for Chicago tonight.

I look forward to Foles being on another team and only having 12-ish games of Wentz to contend with every year.

images

The more I read, the more I like with LaFleur.

Ashley, remember, McCarthy came to Green Bay after having the lowest ranked offense as coordinator for the 49ers the previous year and he now has a street named after him in Green Bay.

Is Guy LaFleur not like, a Montreal Canadien from the 70s?

I don’t know why I’m asking. He definitely is.

Can’t tell if hewson being heeson.

The more I read, the more I like with LaFleur.

Ashley, remember, McCarthy came to Green Bay after having the lowest ranked offense as coordinator for the 49ers the previous year and he now has a street named after him in Green Bay.
I'm not mad. Just unenthused.

I'm sitting here drunk and high thinking about the Chicago White Sox. I hope you guys are having as much as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom