NFL, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet, 6:44 to go in the first quarter of MIN-PHI and we have our first coaching boner of the game (declining a 10-yard penalty with PHI in medium-long FG range on 3rd down). Chilly must have thought the Eagles were kicking upwind.

Fuck Andy Reid. What an abomination that attempt at a 2:00 drill was.

When he called the timeout with Minnesota about to score, I said, "Minnesota 17-16 at half."

Fuck Andy Reid. What an abomination that attempt at a 2:00 drill was.

When he called the timeout with Minnesota about to score, I said, "Minnesota 17-16 at half."

You've turned into Randy Quaid from Major League 2.

"Vile Thing, I think I looooooathe you!"

My brother also came up with this: "What's the difference between Donovan McNabb and a dollar bill? You can get four quarters out of the dollar bill."

I loved it when McNabb had to run eight yards or so to avoid a sack the one time and was out of breath for a good minute and a half.

Mike Scifres also deserves mention as man of the match along with Sproles. Those 50-yard punts which die inside the 5-yard line are ridiculous.

absolutely.

now that one ridiculous punt he had that went out at the 1 i believe was just pure shit luck... he wasn't trying to coffin corner the ball, like feagles would... he was trying to deaden it in the middle of the field and get a good bounce so that the defense could knock it down before it went to the endzone... he just happened to get the best bounce possible.

that said, with jeff feagles, whom should have won the super bowl mvp last year and was the key to the giants beating the panthers and getting the 1 seed this year... edging closer to retirement, i hope the giants have their eyes on scifres :hmm:

having a punter who can consistantly make the opposing team's offense start from inside their own 10 yard line is an invaluable and highly under-rated and over-looked weapon.

It hurt watching Asante Samuel return that INT for a TD.

Losing him will go down as one of the biggest mistakes the Patriots made this decade.

And yes, the Vikings were awful to watch. Eagles at Giants will be fun.

absolutely.

that said, with jeff feagles, whom should have won the super bowl mvp last year and was the key to the giants beating the panthers and getting the 1 seed this year... edging closer to retirement, i hope the giants have their eyes on scifres :hmm:

Hey!! Get your eyes off our punter!!:wink: Don't be greedy - you already have a totally stacked team, let us keep the few we have!! :cute: He is a total stud, and has been a huge difference maker in many many games - I believe he also made the difference when we knocked the Colts out of the playoffs last year.

Saturday's game was incredible, so much fun and the Chargers fans really know how to bring the noise. Not like watching those pathetic games on tv yesterday - seriously, their fans suck!

I was really excited we made the playoffs, but a little bummed too (just a little), because I was hoping if we didn't make the playoffs that ol Norv would get canned (hey, a girl can dream right?:cute:) Now that we made the playoffs and won a game, for sure he will be our coach next year, and I am bummed about that. He sucks, plain and simple. But looks like the Chargers will be stuck with him for at least another year. At least they did the smart thing and got rid of that horrible defensive coordinator Ted Cotrell - Ron Rivera has worked miracles with the defense in the short time he has had!!

GO BOLTS!!!!:hyper:

But can the speed and momentum carry in a cold environment (Pittsburgh)?

I hope not.

Its going to be really tough on San Diego - not so much the cold, I think they are fine with that (we played Pittsburg in the snow earlier in the season, and the Steelers barely squeaked out a win) But the O-line did not been give Rivers the time he needs against the Colts (the dude was not mobile before his injury, and now he really can't run at all), and if they don't step it up big time in this week's game, the Chargers are going to have a really tough time. On a positive note, the defense is looking pretty good. Not as good as the Steelers' D, of course. Plus, now everyone knows LT is largely ineffective if he plays at all (I doubt it), so they won't have to game for him, which makes a huge difference. Its going to be a tough game.

Does anyone know the status/story of Big Ben? Or anyone have any educated guesses?

The Eagles have never run that end-around, they always just fake it. The only time a receiver has the ball like that is the Wildcat play with DeSean Jackson.

of all the teams in hte playoffs the eagles are the last team i wanted to see.

do i think the eagles are as good or better than the giants? no chance. if the eagles were named "minnesota vikings" but had the same players and coaches, the giants would roll. but they're the eagles... they know the giants, they know the meadowlands, they do not fear anything about it.

it's like when duke and carolina play... even if one team's clearly better that year than the other, the lesser team always has a chance because, well, it's duke carolina.

the giants are clearly better than the eagles... but no team in the NFC scares me like they do, simply because of the rivalry.

that said... if they can control westbrook, the giants should win by 10 or so.

Back
Top Bottom