NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many teams out there are actually happy with their OL? Dallas, KC...anyone else? I would have said Oakland until yesterday.

There was a fun thing that Field Gulls posted last year. Seattle (at the time, and it wouldn't shock me if this was still the case) had the lowest-paid offensive line in football and the year they won the Super Bowl, they had the highest paid line. Their offense has gone from great to dog shit in that time. They invested all that money into the defense, which is falling apart now because of time of possession. I'd wager Seattle has a bottom 5 line (and also did last year, and probably the year before).

There was a fun thing that Field Gulls posted last year. Seattle (at the time, and it wouldn't shock me if this was still the case) had the lowest-paid offensive line in football and the year they won the Super Bowl, they had the highest paid line. Their offense has gone from great to dog shit in that time. They invested all that money into the defense, which is falling apart now because of time of possession. I'd wager Seattle has a bottom 5 line (and also did last year, and probably the year before).
It really is incredible how many teams fuck this up, and the domino effect it has on both sides of the ball.

I think it might be good for Danny Trevathan's soul if he took a week or two off from work in order to meditate upon the deeper issues of life.

I think it might be good for Danny Trevathan's soul if he took a week or two off from work in order to meditate upon the deeper issues of life.

What kind of punishment should the NFL impose on him for his hit on Davante Adams? With the microscope more closely focused on head injuries like never before, the league has to send a clear message that these hits are unacceptable and a player must be harshly penalized via fine, suspension, or both.

After starting the season 0-2, I'm just happy my team's broken even... still not expecting much from the Saints this year, but--at least for the time being--I can keep my paper bag in the drawer.

Well that was unexpected. Especially with Jimmy Graham sleepwalking through half the game.

What a weird week. Crazy how if Julio Jones goes down, the rest of the Atlanta offense sputters. I know he won't miss time, but they better hope he stays healthy throughout the year.

Will Folk be unemployed tomorrow?

I can't tell you how happy I was that they trotted him out for the FG attempt on 4th-and-2 from the 30-ish yard line. If ever there's a situation to go for it in the grey zone, that's it.

We're two weeks into October and the entire AFC East is .500 or better. And surprisingly the two playoff teams from 2016 are in 3rd and 4th. I mean, I'm sure the Patriots will eventually climb up to first though.

The Dolphins have an absolutely stellar defense [so far] that if the Offense could actually do something they could climb to 2nd. I'm not sure the offense can figure it out...maybe the run game.

That OBJ injury was nasty, as soon as they showed the replay I knew that was a break. He can thank that high throw from Eli for his career being cut short.

Sucks for OBJ. Love him as a player.

Also, that arguably wrecks my fantasy team. Though, hopefully Deandre Hopkins is seriously back, because he can fill the void of WR1 for me if so. Though, hopefully OBJ is somehow not as injured as he looks.

I warned my brother that Brandon Marshall would be a disappointment.

Aaaand maybe I got my answer about the Dolphins offense being crappy. No wonder the O Line has been bad and not giving Cutler any time or opening much for Ajayi. The coach was focused on snorting little white lines before meetings instead:

https://deadspin.com/video-appears-to-show-dolphins-o-line-coach-chris-foers-1819270506

The video was posted by a stripper whom the coach had sent it to.

Highly doubt a coach doing coke is the reason for players not having much talent.

But, maybe things can get marginally better with a BETTER CULTURE. Something the dolphins are a joke at creating.

That OBJ injury was nasty, as soon as they showed the replay I knew that was a break. He can thank that high throw from Eli for his career being cut short.
I would hardly think his career will be cut short over this.

Obviously donezo for the season, but as long as it's a clean break there's no reason to think he won't be back to normal next season.

I would hardly think his career will be cut short over this.

Obviously donezo for the season, but as long as it's a clean break there's no reason to think he won't be back to normal next season.
Yep. He's obviously not as good but Randall Cobb had a clean break in 2013 and hasn't shown any slow down. I worry more about ACL injuries.

Yep. He's obviously not as good but Randall Cobb had a clean break.

Break of his nose?

cobb_post-fight.png

If Chad and TO come back this will be my favorite NFL season.

Yesterday might have been my favorite day of regular season football ever. Though losing JJ Watt and OBJ was awful.

Back
Top Bottom