NFL 2011, Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back, that 2006 bobbled field goal snap in the playoffs against the Seahawks is surprisingly prescient about his career

2003514649.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FOTeWUjHIo

I don't think the Eagles are all that good, but they're going to fall ass backwards into a division title.

more or less.

the giants defense will get considerably better once all the key injured players return... they played without 6 defensive starters yesterday... but they may already be out of it by the time that happens.

i'd be very concerned about philly's offensive line. they're going to get vick killed... perhaps even drowned, electrocuted or set on fire and then buried in the backyard.

11 QB's have thrown for 300 yards so far, 2 for 400. it appears that defenses kinda need preseason.

more or less.

the giants defense will get considerably better once all the key injured players return... they played without 6 defensive starters yesterday... but they may already be out of it by the time that happens.

i'd be very concerned about philly's offensive line. they're going to get vick killed... perhaps even drowned, electrocuted or set on fire and then buried in the backyard.

11 QB's have thrown for 300 yards so far, 2 for 400. it appears that defenses kinda need preseason.
I was thinking the same as you about the Giants: it might be too late for them by the time those guys get back.

Or shot in the parking lot of his birthday party! But seriously, yeah. Jamaal Jackson came back so poorly from his injury that some 6th round rookie beat him out for the center job. Watkins (THE FIRST ROUND PICK!) played so shitty that we had to sign some dude who got cut by Indianapolis. Ryan Harris needed surgery and got cut, so Herremans had to move right tackle because King Dunlap blows and Winston Justice sucks/is hurt. I'm not sure we are even playing a left guard in his place. The roster says it's an Evan Mathis, but we cannot confirm or deny. The only guy playing in the same spot as last year is Peters at LT.

All the more reason why 2 preseason games and an 18-game season schedule is freaking ridiculous.

the lack of training camp, mini camp and other preseason sessions is what's hurting the defenses... not the preseason schedule.

defenses need time to put in their schemes. when they don't get the time to do so, you get a lot of blown coverage... and there was a LOT of blown coverage in week one.

the 18 game schedule would add to more injuries... but wouldn't have much of an effect on prep.

I would say that the Giants' offense actually looked worse than the defense. Outside of a couple of drives (aided by that bum Reed Doughty, who was beaten repeatedly), they had absolutely nothing going on in the air or on the ground, and they did little to adjust in the second half. At least the defense was getting pressure.

You'll get us back later in the year; we unabashedly suck at Giants Stadium, and likely will at MetLife.

I would say that the Giants' offense actually looked worse than the defense. Outside of a couple of drives (aided by that bum Reed Doughty, who was beaten repeatedly), they had absolutely nothing going on in the air or on the ground, and they did little to adjust in the second half. At least the defense was getting pressure.

You'll get us back later in the year; we unabashedly suck at Giants Stadium.

oh it did suck. i'm just not talking about the offense because it makes me physically angry to think about.

about the only thing that a member of the Ryan family has ever done that I can agree with is when Buddy punched Kevin Gilbride in the face.

Tom Brady has enough time to check his stocks before making a pass. I like this.

Running up the middle when Wilfork and Haynesworth are both in. Not such a good idea.

How many takes did they do for that Sportscenter commercial before Romo successfully held on to the god damn phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom