NFL 2009-2010: Part The Second

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i never really hated Robert Smith until he started doing the College shit on ESPN. he's just a smug bastard. i wouldn't mind punching him in THE face.

The dude is SMART. That is why I always liked him. I am disappointed he did not stick with the medical school track (the reason he gave for leaving the league).

The Packers have very good receivers and an excellent defense; they just don't have the offensive line, and obviously they weren't going to be serious contenders for the balance of Favre's career, which of course is the whole reason they needed to start developing Aaron Rodgers.

This is purely hypothetical, but I don't think there would be nearly as much acrimony if Favre hadn't appeared to be trying to make a point of sticking it to his old team (even keeping in mind that Minnesota is a very good fit for him and that he was quite likely to end up there one way or another).

Agreed.

It seriously made me sick when the local Minneapolis newscasters lined the runway of the Saint Paul airport as the Favrejet landed. I look back now and laugh inside...and at anyone who is a Packer fan. Especially my interference buddy Mikal. :sexywink:

i never really hated Robert Smith until he started doing the College shit on ESPN. he's just a smug bastard. i wouldn't mind punching him in THE face.

i'll give you this one. i'm not a big fan and don't like it all that much when he co-hosts on espnradio.

-dan

I don't think we are going to see a late season meltdown by Favre this time. This Vikings team is just too good.

I can, however, easily see one of his infamous interceptions against the Saints in the NFC Championship game.

and oh the irony when it does happen...

87240_feature.jpg
AAGM022~Darren-Sharper-04-05-action-Photofile-Posters.jpg

nfl_i_sharper_576.jpg

I can understand disliking Robert Smith as a CFB analyst, but the guy was a class act during his NFL years. And I'm going to save my impressions on the Vikings until they, you know, actually play somebody. Their schedule picks up a little here at the end, but they really won't be able to be judged until the playoffs. That sucks, but them's the ropes.

yeah, it should be interesting to see if the month of December haunts Favre like it usually does.

Who abducted Tom Brady after the third quarter and replaced him with Jay Cutler? That was not funny at all.

Laz, I suppose this year can be written off, but as a 49ers fan I'm excited by what I've seen so far this year. The pieces to a promising future are finally looking like they're coming together. I'm looking forward to next year.

What do you think?

Can you pin that lose all on Favre?

The Vikings running game SUCKED and they failed at pass rushing. They made the Cardinals look like they were the Saints or something.

What the is wrong with the Steelers?

Garrison, I was having a discussion with a friend who still lives in DFW, and we agree that it's time for the David Buehler era to begin. Thoughts?

It definitely has been a while. At this point, there's really no use in not putting Buehler in there. Folk is looking so shaken up, and if Mike Vanderjagt proved anything, it's that the "slump" a kicker may find himself in might never end if it's really getting to him mentally.

Who else can't wait for tonight's "COME ON, MAN!" segment on Monday Night Countdown?!? It's TBS Very Funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom