NFL 2007 Part 2 - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #331
The Male

Local Time: 09:04 AM
http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/s...7&page=1&pp=15

I wish there were fans like you on our boards.

Now.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #332
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Get off the Patriots' jock, please. Perhaps there actually is something to all of this hating on the Pats. Maybe Belichick is a dick. Is there something wrong with pointing it out? Must I bow before him because his team is off the charts? Is it wrong to point out poor sportsmanship simply because his team is good?
Maybe he is a dick. That was kind of my point. All this negative attention stems from him being perceived as such...but none of us has met the guy, so we have to take the media's word for it. Parcells has shown himself to be every bit the douchebag that BB gets made out to be (lining up his next job during the Super Bowl bye week?)

Quote:
Belichick is a great coach, but come on guys, he's not that great. The reason the Pats have such a brilliant team is because of how incredible their front office is. The team that front office and scouting department has put together is legendary. Without Brady, Belichick would be nothing. Want me to bring up his record when coaching the Browns? It's poor. Very poor. Knock out Brady or injure someone on that line, and the wheels come off.
OK now Belichick is a product of the system? I thought that was Brady, who's been dismissed as a system QB for years, unworthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Peyton despite his 3 rings.

Look, they're my team, I'm going to defend them. Bottom line, the whole league kicked their asses for years and nobody gave a damn...but now I have to listen to a bunch of crying when my team has the upper hand?

As for the cheating, notice how all the NFL insider types who get asked about it say "no big deal". Why? Because they know the whole league is doing the same thing, or worse.

Edit: Never mind, Hewson just made half the points I did. I don't see anyone saying "worship Belichick", but the complaining about the guy...from where I sit it just looks like very thinly-disguised jealousy.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #333
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:04 PM
I love how we Philly fans have to have jackasses like that to encourage the misconceptions.

Every fan base has jackasses. Unfortunately, ours always seem to be the ones used to summarize the entire fan base.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What's the deal with Andy Reid anyway? Is it the personal issues distracting him? I've heard speculation to that effect, which seems kind of silly since his sons are grown men.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #335
The Male

Local Time: 09:04 AM
To be honest, I don't really buy the cheating thing. It certainly doesn't look good, but hey, they seem to be doing fine without (?) it.

I will say that, judging from the evidence, Brady does seem to be what makes this team click. Just ask yourself this:

What would hurt more, losing Brady, or losing Belichick? I think either of your coordinators are competent enough to run the team if Belichick were to get canned. If Brady were to get injured, you guys would fall to 9-7 faster than you can say "handicam".

Belichick struggled with a lousy team before, and he would do it again.

Now.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 PM   #336
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
To be honest, I don't really buy the cheating thing. It certainly doesn't look good, but hey, they seem to be doing fine without (?) it.

I will say that, judging from the evidence, Brady does seem to be what makes this team click. Just ask yourself this:

What would hurt more, losing Brady, or losing Belichick? I think either of your coordinators are competent enough to run the team if Belichick were to get canned. If Brady were to get injured, you guys would fall to 9-7 faster than you can say "handicam".

Belichick struggled with a lousy team before, and he would do it again.
I always thought it was Brady, honestly. I think BB is a good coach...he's a better coach than he was in Cleveland. But yeah, take away Brady and of course they'd struggle, any team would.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #337
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by CTU2fan
What's the deal with Andy Reid anyway? Is it the personal issues distracting him? I've heard speculation to that effect, which seems kind of silly since his sons are grown men.
Not at all, from what I can tell. He's always been an idiot. Really the only difference is that he had good drafts for his first few years, and hasn't since. His talents declining, they are and have always been atrocious with free agency, they're poorly disciplined, he's unprepared, etc.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Not at all, from what I can tell. He's always been an idiot. Really the only difference is that he had good drafts for his first few years, and hasn't since. His talents declining, they are and have always been atrocious with free agency, they're poorly disciplined, he's unprepared, etc.
Time for a coup d'etat. PF, you can be the head coach, I'll be the GM. Cool?

Viva la revolucion!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #339
Blue Crack Supplier

Sounds like a plan. One good thing Andy Reid had was his classic "chart" (menu). I'm keeping that. Gotta eat somewhere after the game.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Ah, OK. I don't see a ton of NFC ball and he always carried a good rep, so I figured the bizarre stuff he was doing this year was something new.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Sounds like a plan. One good thing Andy Reid had was his classic "chart" (menu). I'm keeping that. Gotta eat somewhere after the game.
Awesome. I've won at least 50 Super Bowls in Madden, so I have no doubt that we'll get one next year.

Step one: trade Donovan McNabb to the Dolphins for their first and second-round draft picks. Kevin Kolb will undoubtedly be a 99 overall by the end of the year with only 8 games' experience.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #342
Blue Crack Addict

It's kind of funny how it took getting other key players within the Patriots organization for people to determine that Brady really is a great quarterback and not just a product of the system, which was always a load of shit.

And I would argue that, while Brady is having a monster year statistically, he probably did his best work last year. He almost single-handedly carried that team to the Super Bowl, with having almost next to nothing to work with.

That being said, there's no question that Belichick is an incredible coach, even if he comes across as an asshole to people. Does Brady make him look better? Yeah, perhaps, but then again, Brady doesn't play defense, and the defense was just as responsible for those three Super Bowl wins as Brady was.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #343
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
He almost single-handedly carried that team to the Super Bowl, with having almost next to nothing to work with.
HE DIDN'T almost single-handedly carry them to the Super Bowl. They got beat in the second half of the AFC title game by the Colts. See, you dang Patriots fans have blinders on!

He single-handedly carried them almost to the Super Bowl.

U2kitten would have been ALL over you.

On the field, Brady works well in BB's system. Who QB'd for BB in Cleveland?

Now, here is what else makes BB look like a genius: the front office. They keep finding guys who will fit into the system. They lose a guy to free agency, and they find another guy to step in.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hewson, post a photo of yourself so I can photoshop you bowing before a bronze statue of Belichick. If you would have had something like that as your avatar, you wouldn't have even had to have written these last few posts of yours.
Here ya go:

Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I guess we should have just stuck with that whole "the world is flat" thing, cause clearly arguing anything else amounts entirely to waffling.

No, changing your argument 180 degrees is waffling.