NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Do the Eagles have a short yardage back?
Someone like what Jacobs was last year with the Giants or the role Bettis played his last few seasons with the Steelers?
I can't think of anyone who's a big bruiser of a RB (or FB) on the roster like most teams have for goal line and short yardage situations.

Donovan McNabb might be the best short-yardage runner on the Eagles roster right now.

All I need to maintain my perfect record in fantasy football is for Willie Parker or Mark Clayton (okay, Willie Parker) to go for either 80 yards or one touchdown between them.

And despite the weather it's all pass-pass-pass for the Steelers and runs for the Ravens. :huh:

They still have a good defense, but it's offset by that terrible offense, and has always been that way. And with the defense beginning to age a bit, if they don't get the help from the other side, they won't win.

And they were barely 5-3, really. The Arizona game comes to mind immediately.

Well, still 5-3, with 13 wins last season. Still, yes, their offense is crap.

Now I have to sit here and hope the Steelers do not suffer some sort of historic collapse. They just allowed a TD.

No more perfect season :sad:

All I needed was 80 damn yards or one touchdown between a #1 halfback and a #1 WR. :rant:

On the bright side, now my team's PISSED, so you're all going to get destroyed for the rest of the season :wink:

DaveC said:

On the bright side, now my team's PISSED, so you're all going to get destroyed for the rest of the season :wink:
That'll be quite a trick with Cleo "Meadowlark is my daddy" Lemon helming your team this week.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's fun when your team is the subject of the most venom in the entire league. Been there, done that (Red Wings, late 90's, anyone?).

It's weird. I rooted for the Patriots (and Red Sox) for a lot of years when they weren't very good. Now everybody seems to hate the Boston teams. They used to be lovable underdogs.

But I'll still take all the success, please. It's a lot more fun.

I have to take extreme issue with item 68. Tom Brady's Visa commercials were hilarious, primarily because of Russ Hochstein.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's fun when your team is the subject of the most venom in the entire league. Been there, done that (Red Wings, late 90's, anyone?).

I don't think they were as scorned as you think, especially not when they had Steve Yzerman as captain, one of the best and most highly respected players of the last 25 years. I certainly appreciated them, in spite of their successes, for that reason alone.

I definitely think most Canadians, while maybe not actively rooting for the Wings, at least respected them, and that's almost entirely because of Yzerman. :up:

People don't hate teams just because they win. Lots of teams win and don't get hated. It takes a certain personality and attitude of players and coach combined with winning to bring on the hate because a lot of people don't like to see that kind of person win where they wouldn't care if a nice guy was winning. You never see anyone hating Tiger Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom