NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
NFL coaches should be held to higher standards in their own lives... their kids should not be.

there is no way the nfl can take action against andy reid for the actions of his sons, unless it was proven that reid himself gave his sons the steroids or told them where to get them from.

short of that, the nfl shouldn't do anything about it and we shouldn't be talking about it.

Exactly.

Also, like Dave said, it's riduculous to think that parents should be held responsible for something that their grown children do. If these were minors, then it'd be a slightly different story, but again, nothing the NFL should intervene in.

Last edited:
zoney! said:

Excellent point! Screw this Andy Reid shit...there's football to be played!

:hyper:

I always say I'm going to pay more attention to football, and every year I never do, with the exception of this year. I'm really into it now. :yes:

And that may or may not have something to do with the Lions not completely sucking. But hey, if they still sucked, I'd probably still watch.

Aaaand the innuendos begin in 3, 2, 1...

:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
NFL coaches should be held to higher standards in their own lives... their kids should not be.

there is no way the nfl can take action against andy reid for the actions of his sons, unless it was proven that reid himself gave his sons the steroids or told them where to get them from.

short of that, the nfl shouldn't do anything about it and we shouldn't be talking about it.

Headach I pretty much agree with this. His sons are grown men; Andy Reid isn't responsible for their actions.

However, if a player were found to have drugs in his home, but they were his brother's/cousin's/whoever's drugs, I think the league would still likely take action against the player. Maybe not, but the way the league is operating these days re: discipline, I think the player would face league discipline.

But anyway, back to football. Is today's game bigger for the Colts, or the Pats? I'd say the Colts. If the Colts lose, they know they're looking at facing a team that's already beaten them at home, and having to beat them on the road in January. For the Pats, they've proven in the past that they can go on the road and win playoff games at places like Pitt & Indy. Obviously they want to win, but I'm not sure losing hurts them psychologically the way it might hurt the Colts. I suppose if Indy blew them out it might...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:hyper:

I always say I'm going to pay more attention to football, and every year I never do, with the exception of this year. I'm really into it now. :yes:

And that may or may not have something to do with the Lions not completely sucking. But hey, if they still sucked, I'd probably still watch.

Aaaand the innuendos begin in 3, 2, 1...

:wink:

They certainly aren't sucking so far today.

Portis is officially a BEAST once more. 190+ yards rushing behind that decimated o-line. Skins are now 5-3. :wink: Time to go back home and pound the Eagles

I really want this game to end up something like 85-80 for the Colts. Brady needs to throw about 13 touchdowns.

My perfect season in fantasy football is at risk, thanks to all three of my starting WR's being on bye weeks. :huh:

That half could have gone a little better...

What a defensive breakdown just before halftime, in what was essentially a dump off pass.

The second pass interference call was bogus, but I'm not surprised. Happens all the time.

Dr. Dr. help me please, I know you'll understand
Theres a time device inside of me, I'm a self-destructing man
Theres a red, under my bed
And there's a little green man in my head
And he said, you're not goin crazy, you're just a bit sad
cause there's a man in ya, knawin ya, tearin ya into two

I'm wiped out after that game -- so happy the Pats won. It looked pretty grim there for a while, but Brady showed a lot of composure.

Indy is one helluva team. I have a ton of respect for them -- they're the one team that scares me. Addai put up some awesome numbers.

Didn't care much for the officiating at all. I hope when these two teams meet in the playoffs (is there any doubt?), that a much better crew officiates. Hochules, anyone?

the patriots were terrible...

and still won.

after all the talk i put forth about how the pats were gonna roll over the colts, in the 4th quarter i was preparing my post as to how the identities of the two teams seem to have switched at half time of last year's AFC Championship game... the colts are the calm and collective team and the pats are committing stupid penalty after stupid penalty and tom brady is folding under pressure, throwing to kyle brady in triple coverage, and having brackett make just an unbelievable interception on a ball that he had no business catching... the unbelievable play that was seen so often in the pats run of super bowls and so rarely on the colts side in big games.

and then the pats just calmy marched down the field, made a stop, and then marched down the field again... and just like that, they remained undefeated in a game where they were clearly out played.

there's no doubt in my mind that these two teams will meet again... the only question in my mind is wether the combined loss totals of both teams will be greater than one.

Addai must be licking his chops to go against the SD defense I saw in the undercard against the Vikings today. Just give Peterson rookie of the year...and slap the 6 teams who drafted someone else before him...wow.

As for the main event, both defenses played great, the Colts were shorthanded, and that may have ultimately made the difference. Good game, should set up a whale of a rematch in Foxboro for the AFC championship game if all holds form.

17-0 vs 16-1...not likely, but certainly possible, how awesome would that be.

I loved in the Pats game how when the big INT was made, Jim Nantz's first thought was to mention the cotton candy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom