NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

Watching ESPN tonight, it was quite silly how much time they spent on the subject. Steve Young had a nice little rant going - I guess he doesn't think it's right. :lol:

Notice how old school coaches like Ditka and Parcells have no problem with it whatsoever.

And really, what is the big deal? There's 8 or 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Brady was taken out, but you still have to play until the end. Cassel comes in and mainly hands it off, but throws on the fourth down. Why? To keep the ball and have the clock keep going. You don't stop taking shots in basketball in a blowout, you don't stop trying to get a hit in baseball during a blowout. This is the same thing.

well you do stop taking threes in basketball, stop pressing, stop trapping, etc. etc... or at least you should. but there are more things to not do in a sport like basketball than there is in football.

again... if this was college or high school, belichick would be a complete scumbag. but this is the NFL... get over it. go home and wipe your tears away with your minimum 6 figure pay check.

The Green Bay Packers are going to win the Super Bowl. Just wait. All this hype about Colts Pats and Boys are shadowing a volcano getting ready to explode. They have one loss and Favre isn't out of magic tricks yet. You just wait.

Butterscotch said:
The Green Bay Packers are going to win the Super Bowl. Just wait. All this hype about Colts Pats and Boys are shadowing a volcano getting ready to explode. They have one loss and Favre isn't out of magic tricks yet. You just wait.

They could make it to the Super Bowl, although there total lack of a functional running game could prevent them from advancing, but there is no way they're beating an AFC team especially the Pats or the Colts.

Packers will probably make the Super Bowl, but not win it. Honestly, have you seen their schedule? It's one cupcake after another. I would love to see the Cowboys try to beat Favre in Lambeau in January. Best of luck to that.

No way is an NFC team winning the Super Bowl. If I had to pick an NFC team that would have the best chance I'd probably say the Giants...basically because if the Giants' defense and offense played their "best" game they probably beat everyone else in that conference, and could probably give the AFC champ a run. The other teams all have an exploitable weakness (Green Bay's 1-dimensional offense, Dallas' defense). I'm looking forward to Pats-Giants, I wish it wasn't the last game of the season when either team might be coasting a bit.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the packers complete lack of a running game is going to hurt them in the cold weather games of january.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about the Colts and Pats! Neither of them have a really impressive running game. You know what happens to teams who rely on the fast and flashy passing game when they have a bad day and it's not clicking, they lose because they really can't run enough to make up for the points they used to score in the air. All it takes is ONE bad game to be out of the playoffs or lose the Super Bowl. It could happen to anybody.

Butterscotch said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing about the Colts and Pats! Neither of them have a really impressive running game. You know what happens to teams who rely on the fast and flashy passing game when they have a bad day and it's not clicking, they lose because they really can't run enough to make up for the points they used to score in the air. All it takes is ONE bad game to be out of the playoffs or lose the Super Bowl. It could happen to anybody.

I disagree. The Colts have Addai, who is having a strong season, and the Patriots are averaging well over 4 yards a carry. If Maroney is recovered from his injury, New England's running game will only get stronger, especially if Morris can return, too.

Butterscotch said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing about the Colts and Pats! Neither of them have a really impressive running game.

I'll just address the Colts running game:

Joseph Addai has appeared in just six games and is averaging 4.8 yards per carry. He has seven TDs in those six games and has rushed for 592 yards. TOP yardage this year for all running backs....740 yards. Addai also has a receiving TD.

While Addai was out with an injury, the Colts plugged in CFL running back Kenton Keith. He has played all seven games and is averaging 4.8 Yards per run and has three rushing TDs.

Not in the least "impressive." Maybe we should compare LT's season with Addai's season.

IF Maroney was healthy, I would put money on an equally as impressive season. He is just as much of a weapon on the Pats offense as Welker or Stallworth.

"I've been hearing a lot of people criticize and talk stuff. They're not watching the games or the plays. They're just throwing out criticism. Do I need to run with more of a burst? No. And (expletive) them … I don't appreciate all that criticism coming my way. I can understand if I'm tugging the ball for 18, 20 carries and still getting 50 yards. But what am I doing that's so bad? I don't understand … I come out on third downs, I have two downs to do something. That's not to say we're going to run it on those two downs."

Guess who?

Here's a hint. I really miss Thomas Jones. :sad:

Andy Reid....Father of the year?????

Judge blasted into Mr & Mrs Reid for allowing their sons to live the way they did/do.

I'm wondering if the NFL will take action.

BEAL said:
Andy Reid....Father of the year?????

Judge blasted into Mr & Mrs Reid for allowing their sons to live the way they did/do.

I'm wondering if the NFL will take action.

Even if they were kids, why in the world would the NFL have anything to do with it? :scratch:

Agreed, unless Andy Reid was supplying the drugs or knowingly involved in the illegal acts, then there is no way even Goodell could come after him.

Ummmm

Let's see. It's been proven that he pretty much allowed the kids to do what they want. It's a black eye for the NFL.

The kids have also been convicted of possessing steriods. So kids of a NFL Coach getting caught with steriods isn't a problem?

since the NFL suspended Wade Wilson for using steriods, and then mentioning that they hold NFL Coaches to a higher standard.....

What could Goodell have to say about Reid? Remember, he told Mike Vick that people living in your house are YOUR responsibility.

Last edited:
BEAL said:
Ummmm

Let's see. It's been proven that he pretty much allowed the kids to do what they want. It's a black eye for the NFL.

No. It certainly is for Andy Reid, but there's nobody out there who could intelligently say that the NFL directly or indirectly influenced his actions.

The kids have also been convicted of possessing steriods. So kids of a NFL Coach getting caught with steriods isn't a problem?

Do his kids play for the Philadelphia Eagles? No. Did he give his kids' steroids to Eagles players. Almost certainly not.

So no, it's not any of the NFL's business.

since the NFL suspended Wade Wilson for using steriods, and then mentioning that they hold NFL Coaches to a higher standard.....

I think we can all tell by looking at him that Andy Reid is not using steroids.

I do a lot of shit that my parents don't do, and if I were caught by the law smoking a joint, for the Department of Education to suspend my mother for MY actions would be ludicrous, not to mention illegal.

What could Goodell have to say about Reid? Remember, he told Mike Vick that people living in your house are YOUR responsibility.

That may be true, but first off these are Andy Reid's kids, not his buddies he grew up with and agreed to let move in with him. And Andy Reid isn't breaking the law himself. Mike Vick broke numerous federal and state laws.

Why do you want to see Andy Reid suspended so badly? I mean, I dislike him (a LOT) as a coach, but what the hell did he do that affects the NFL in any way shape or form, much less anything that justifies a league suspension? There's a huge gap in your logic somewhere here. :scratch:

Hewson said:
His sons are adults, no.
Doubt the NFL can fine/suspend Reid for 2 adults being idiots.

Well, the NFL could do that. If they didn't mind being served with a nasty lawsuit, that is.

DaveC said:

No. It certainly is for Andy Reid, but there's nobody out there who could intelligently say that the NFL directly or indirectly influenced his actions.

Do his kids play for the Philadelphia Eagles? No. Did he give his kids' steroids to Eagles players. Almost certainly not.

So no, it's not any of the NFL's business.

I think we can all tell by looking at him that Andy Reid is not using steroids.

I do a lot of shit that my parents don't do, and if I were caught by the law smoking a joint, for the Department of Education to suspend my mother for MY actions would be ludicrous, not to mention illegal.

That may be true, but first off these are Andy Reid's kids, not his buddies he grew up with and agreed to let move in with him. And Andy Reid isn't breaking the law himself. Mike Vick broke numerous federal and state laws.

Why do you want to see Andy Reid suspended so badly? I mean, I dislike him (a LOT) as a coach, but what the hell did he do that affects the NFL in any way shape or form, much less anything that justifies a league suspension? There's a huge gap in your logic somewhere here. :scratch:

I really don't care what happens to Reid or the Eagles. I just wonder if the NFL will get involved in any way (like tell him to step aside until he can get his life and children's life in order).

Maybe I worded my post wrong (I'm at work and try not to get too detailed....). I was just looking for opinions about this whole situation.

Well, since the "drug emporium" was Andy Reid's house I'd think the NFL would have something to say...or else Roger Goodell is a big hypocrite. We'll see. Looks like a couple of Reid's own players have pointed out the double-standard already.

Andy Reid is arrogant. Andy Reid is stubborn. And these qualities give him trouble in both his job and his family life.

He's convinced he's good enough at parenting to be able to handle it and coach an NFL team.

NFL coaches should be held to higher standards in their own lives... their kids should not be.

there is no way the nfl can take action against andy reid for the actions of his sons, unless it was proven that reid himself gave his sons the steroids or told them where to get them from.

short of that, the nfl shouldn't do anything about it and we shouldn't be talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom