NFL 2007 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
Anyone else love how the media is going into overkill drive about how the Patriots are "running up the score"?

:lol:

Perhaps the Redskins should have stopped Matt Cassel instead...

Continuing to throw the ball and attack the other team when you're up by 40 isn't running up the score.

Going for it on 4th down when you're up by 40, is, in fact, running up the score.

Hewson said:
ManJudas will be looking for work in January...and nobody will hire him.
Hope he looks good in an orange apron.

yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yes, well... he did that to himself with his whole selling out of belichick thing.

i'm sure the rest of the league is thrilled that mangenius pissed the pats off after the first game of the season.

Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?

Dalton said:
I disagree with that LM, they could have kicked a field goal there and taken certain points. They gave the skins defense a chance to stop them w/o any points - they didn't.
Correct...coaches view kicking a gimme FG in that situation as running it up, not running the ball.

CTU2fan said:

Speaking of the Mangenius, you don't suppose there'll be any running up of the score when the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS visit Foxboro in week 14 do you?
I say the spread will be over 20, and I say give give give.

I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.

CTU2fan said:
I'm thinking Colvin should have just taken a knee rather than running that fumble in for a TD. Maybe the NFL should institute a mercy rule, so grown men won't have their feelings hurt. The Pats had backups all over the field throughout the 4th quarter, why not let those guys play? If you can't even stop the NE backups from scoring your problems run a bit deeper than how many points you give up in one game.

STFU already. Stop somebody. This ain't Pop Warner. And it's funny, the teams that are crying the most about this (Skins, Dolphins, Cowboys) have been as guilty as anyone of running it up in the past. Funny how I'm hearing all this "what goes around comes around/you reap what you sow" business from media types...where were they when the whole NFL ran it up against New England for like 10 years straight? Damn right what goes around comes around, and it's coming around now.

Of course this all comes from the media's hate of Belichick...he doesn't kiss their asses/let them read his playbook/put on a Parcells-esque show in press conferences. But it's still irritatinig. This team is putting together a historically great run here, and it's being dragged down by this trivial shit. It's looking like Pats against the world all over again, just what Belichick always wants. Stupid media, they hate the guy so much, but they play right into his hands.

:eyebrow: Get off the Patriots' jock, please. Perhaps there actually is something to all of this hating on the Pats. Maybe Belichick is a dick. Is there something wrong with pointing it out? Must I bow before him because his team is off the charts? Is it wrong to point out poor sportsmanship simply because his team is good?

Belichick is a great coach, but come on guys, he's not that great. The reason the Pats have such a brilliant team is because of how incredible their front office is. The team that front office and scouting department has put together is legendary. Without Brady, Belichick would be nothing. Want me to bring up his record when coaching the Browns? It's poor. Very poor. Knock out Brady or injure someone on that line, and the wheels come off.

But until then, Belichick will continue to get praised, even though he's stupid enough to film on the opposing team's sideline with a gigantic video camera that someone with cataracts could have noticed.

Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.

BEAL said:
Just a question here because of all the BB and Parcells name being mentioned.

Do you think Parcells wins his Super Bowls, or even takes his teams to the Super Bowl / Championship games without BB as his assistant coach (and Def Cord)????

I kind of wonder if Parcells is just a little overrated (along with Ditka), and it's really been BB that has carried those teams.

Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:

Belichick's regular season coaching record (Patriots included): 119-81 (0.595)

Record coaching the Browns: 37-45

Record coaching the Patriots before Brady (2000 season): 5-11

Record coaching the Patriots with Brady (2001 season): 11-5

Total record before Brady: 42-56

Total record with Brady: 90-28

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Jim, tell him what he's won!!

Hewson said:
Wow you edited the "He's not that good" out just as I went to quote it.

Whats his playoff record?

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit, so I got rid of it.

He's a great coach, but for the love of God, make the worship stop. Brady and that offensive line is what deserves all the credit.

LemonMelon said:

Without Brady, Belichick would be nothing.
This is comical because until this year, the argument has a;ways been Brady is not that good, just a product of Belichic' system...so suddenly Belichick's sytem stinks but Brady makes it work.

Dude, they hung a 52-7 pounding on your Skins...don't be like Patrick Crayton, slink away quietly like Carl Spackler instead.

^Read above, excluding the Skins/Caddyshack reference...you were one of the big Brady detractors here the last few years...what happened?
DaveC said:

Look at the numbers. He wouldn't even BE in the playoffs if it wasn't for Brady.

You, my friend, have just made a moot point.

"Arguments" change. It's a big part of something called "the scientific method". Conclusions are adjusted as observations of results become clearer.

I learned that in Grade 7.

Hewson said:
This is comical because until this year, the argument has a;ways been Brady is not that good, just a product of Belichic' system...so suddenly Belichick's sytem stinks but Brady makes it work.

Dude, they hung a 52-7 pounding on your Skins...don't be like Patrick Crayton, slink away quietly like Carl Spackler instead.

Sorry, man, but "Brady just being part of the Belichick system" may have made some sense a year or two back, but now that the team has gotten even better, it's pretty obvious who's carrying who here. Look at what happened when the Pats benched Brady against the Dolphins. They had to throw him back in to keep an upset from brewing.

Dude, Brady is all that and a bag of chips. I wasn't sure before, but it's pretty obvious that he's carrying this team right now.

DaveC said:
"Arguments" change. It's a big part of something called "the scientific method". Conclusions are adjusted as observations of results become clearer.

I learned that in Grade 7.
Actually it seems more like...arguments change conveniently to support your side, better known as:

waffle.jpg

Hewson, post a photo of yourself so I can photoshop you bowing before a bronze statue of Belichick. If you would have had something like that as your avatar, you wouldn't have even had to have written these last few posts of yours.

Hewson said:
Actually it seems more like...arguments change conveniently to support your side, better known as:

waffle.jpg

I guess we should have just stuck with that whole "the world is flat" thing, cause clearly arguing anything else amounts entirely to waffling.

:rolleyes:

I'm just going to say that I can't argue over bad coaching when I have to watch Andy Reid every week. Pretty much every other coach looks like a fucking genius after following the Eagles for the past nine years.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm just going to say that I can't argue over bad coaching when I have to watch Andy Reid every week. Pretty much every other coach looks like a fucking genius after following the Eagles for the past nine years.

Gibbs may give him a run for his money...

phillyfan26 said:

Thanks for reminding me, ass :grumpy:

:sad:

My father had a look on his face I've never seen before when Reid used those two timeouts at the end of the game. Then he said something along the lines of, "WHAT PROFESSIONAL COACH NEEDS A TIMEOUT TO TELL HIS PLAYERS NOT TO FUMBLE THE BALL!?"

Between the worst play calling, the worst preparedness, the worst discipline, and the decision to use a very injured, overweight quarterback ... well, I don't like Andy Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom