New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
inside job has a very epic, almost springsteen/e-street feel to it... i'm diggin' it... i'm diggin' it alot.

Love the JAM at the end. I just wish it was a tad bit longer with some more awesome guitar work.

There isn't a bad song on this album. I guess my least favorite is Comatose. But, it isn't so bad that it is a skipper.

I'm lovin' Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand, Inside Job.

Nice Job PJ :up: See ya in SF and Vegas!

I've not heard the rest of the album yet, but it sounds promising from the reviews here. The only problem I have with the three songs I've heard so far (WWS, Severed Hand, and Unemployable), is that the guitar riffs seem slightly contrived and predictable. I love it when PJ is organic...I hope the album has that kind of feel as a whole.

PJ setlist at Astoria:

Main Set: World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Severed Hand, Unemployable, Gone, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Present Tense, Better Man, Marker in the Sand, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore 1: Man Of The Hour, Given To Fly, Small Town, Porch

Encore 2: Comatose, Leavin' Here, Yellow Ledbetter

Encore 3: Alive

must have been an awesome show :drool: I love when my favourite bands start touring...

I have to get this bootleg... Insignificance, Sad, Man of the Hour, Present Tense, Why Go and all the new songs... :drool:

Amazing mix of old & new ^ :up:

I found these pics from the show on the Pearl Jam newsgroup...

PearlJam.jpg

PearlJam1.jpg

PearlJam3.jpg

PearlJam5.jpg

PearlJam6.jpg

Headache: you get this email:
Pearl Jam, The Ten Club and CBS's The Late Show with David Letterman are
excited to offer up this unique opportunity to watch the band perform a
short set immediately following their performance on Dave's show on May 4th
in the historic Ed Sullivan Theatre. You must be a current Ten Club member
as of April 19th and live in either New York, Connecticut or New Jersey to
be eligible.

Here's how it will work-

This is a first come first serve opportunity. Log on to www.pearljam.com
Friday, April 21st before 1 PM Eastern time. Go to the GOODS section and
category and you'll have the opportunity to obtain 2 tickets to the show.
Only the eligible Ten Club member will be allowed to pick up the tickets.
A government-issued ID will be required for entry into the show.

Now here's the best part. It's free....with a couple of catches. First,
we're going to ask you for your credit card information. Your card will not
be charged, but we need it to verify your transaction. Second, you
ABSOLUTELY must be able to participate in this event if you are
able to get tickets. Failure to show up for this event may have an impact
on whether you are considered for future promotions from the Ten Club.

There are only 350 seats in the Ed Sullivan Theatre, so we only have 175
pairs to give away. These are general admission tickets. If you are lucky
enough to get a pair of these tickets, you will receive an email on May
2nd, explaining how to pick up your tickets. Keep in mind this show will
take place at 6:00 PM Eastern time in New York City. Participants will
need to be there by 4:30 PM on May 4th. If you can't make it at that time,
don't bother trying to get tickets!!!!

Best of luck-
Ten Club Staff
Get to the site by 1 and give it a shot.
I'm not eligible to try.

Getting tix would have been tough, lots of errors when people tried.
But you may wanna check the Goods section on occasion, the Letterman icon is still up under Tickets, though it says "sold out", but I wouldn't be too surprised that a few non tri state fans grabbed a pair and may have them put back up for grabs randomly.

will do... it's a great idea, just wish they woulda just played right on broadway or on 53rd street and let the public view the way they've done for a bunch of other bands in the past.

i also wonder if they're doing "two nights" on letterman... because dave tapes thursday's and friday's shows on thursday... i know last time around they did this.

It's very hearable.
I mean,you can remember something after first listening which i couldn't on every except ten.
Favourites-first six and last two

I downloaded WWS and Unemployable from Itunes but don't want to listen to the entire album until it is released, it will ruin the surprise :drool:. Actually I am bit of a hypocrite because I am listening to the Goo Goo Dolls new album right now and it doesn't come out until Tuesday I think, good stuff. I hope the PJ album is as great as you all say, I have high hopes.

Rolling Stone Review: Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam Four out of Five Stars
Wartime, for everything else that's wrong with it, brings out the best in Pearl Jam: the power-chord brawn, contrary righteousness and metallic-KO songwriting sense. The band's second and third albums, 1993's bluntly titled Vs. and 1994's Vitalogy, are as good as modern rock-in-opposition gets: shotgun guitars, incendiary bass and drums, and Eddie Vedder's scalded-dog howl, all discharged in backs-to-the-wall fury and union.This album, Pearl Jam's first studio release in four years and their best in ten, is more of that top electric combat.
With a difference. The Pearl Jam on Pearl Jam is not the band that famously responded to overnight platinum by going to war with the world. Vedder, guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready, bassist Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron are now fully at war in the world, unrepentant veterans of the campaign trail (the Vote for Change Tour) and right-wing crucifixion (the "Bushleaguer" uproar) who have made the most overtly partisan -- and hopeful -- record of their lives. For Vedder, the 2004 election was not a total loss. "Why swim the channel just to get this far?/Halfway there, why would you turn around?" he demands in the first song, "Life Wasted," in a ragged, run-on bark. And it's all forward ho from there. As immediate and despairing as breaking news from Baghdad -- "World Wide Suicide" opens with a newspaper casualty report -- Pearl Jam is also as big and brash in fuzz and backbone as Led Zeppelin's Presence.

That's not just rock-critic shorthand. However you define grunge music, Pearl Jam didn't play it. They were, from jump street, a classic rock band, building their bawl with iron-guitar bones and an arena-vocal lust that came right from Zeppelin, early-Seventies Who and mid-Eighties U2 (with distortion instead of the Edge's glass-guitar harmonics). But Pearl Jam have not been this consistently dirty and determined in the studio since they subbed for Crazy Horse on Neil Young's 1995 Mirror Ball. I own two complete tours' worth of Pearl Jam's official-bootleg concert CDs, and this record's five-song blastoff ("Life Wasted," "World Wide Suicide," "Comatose," "Severed Hand" and "Marker in the Sand") is right up there in punch and crust with my favorite nights in that live series (Seattle, 11/6/00, and New Orleans, 4/8/03, to name two). And whenever the guitars take over, which is a lot -- Gossard and McCready's slugging AC/DC-like intro to "Life Wasted"; McCready's wild wah-wah ride in "Big Wave"; the way he cracks Vedder's gloom in "Parachutes" like heat lightning -- it reminds me that Gossard and McCready deserved to be on our 2003 "Greatest Guitarists" list. Permit me to admit it here: I screwed up.

That's more confession than you'll ever hear in the Bush White House. But talk-show pit bulls will be disappointed to find that Vedder doesn't waste his breath naming names here, except for a glancing reference to "the president" in "World Wide Suicide." There is blame, but it's spread all around. "Now you got both sides/Claiming killing in God's name/But God is nowhere to be found, conveniently," Vedder sings in "Marker in the Sand," from inside Gossard and McCready's crossfire and the saturation bombing of Ament and Cameron. There is dread too -- lots of it. "Army Reserve" is a midtempo elegy for the real Army Reserve, the wives and children who serve in worry, behind the lines. (The dark harmonies crowding Vedder's low, grainy vocal feel like ghosts in waiting.) And "Unemployable" is just half a story, with a soaring-melancholy chorus. The song ends before the guy with the pink slip can find a new job. But Vedder's opening scene -- the fist with the ring that says jesus saves, flying with helpless anger into a metal locker -- is lesson enough. In multinational capitalism run riot, the bottom line doesn't care about religion or party line. We're all expendable.

And we're all accountable. The politics on Pearl Jam are not those of right or left but of engagement and responsibility. In "Life Wasted," Vedder at least partly mocks his old self, the one that wore success and the leverage that came with it like sackcloth: "Darkness comes in waves, tell me/Why invite it to stay?" But there is only determined optimism in Pearl Jam's superb finish, "Inside Job." The song starts quietly, then climbs and peaks like a combination of "Stairway to Heaven" and the Who's "The Song Is Over" -- a mirror image of Vedder's stumble through each line from night into light. "I will not lose my faith," he promises under thunderclap guitars, with such assurance that even if you don't agree with anything else on this record, you believe him.

I get Letterman emails once a week. Got one today. Here's what it said...

Live On Letterman: Pearl Jam
Exclusive Concert To Be Webcast Live From Ed Sullivan Theater

Eddie Vedder meets Ed Sullivan when Pearl Jam takes over the theater on Thursday, May 4th to perform a live mini-concert exclusively for visitors to the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN website.

It all begins with Pearl Jam taping their performance on LATE SHOW for broadcast later that evening. Then, immediately following the show taping, Pearl Jam will take the stage again to perform a special concert featuring some of the group's best-known hits as well as never-before heard cuts from their new CD, "Pearl Jam" (released May 2nd).

To watch the live concert, log on to www.cbs.com/lateshow at approximately 5:45pm EDT on Thursday, May 4th. Then be sure to tune in to the LATE SHOW at 11:30pm to catch their regularly scheduled appearance with Dave (along with Julia Roberts).

LIVE ON LETTERMAN: PEARL JAM
Thursday, May 4th
Start time: 5:45pm EDT (approximately)
www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow

Lila64 said:
I get Letterman emails once a week. Got one today. Here's what it said...

Live On Letterman: Pearl Jam
Exclusive Concert To Be Webcast Live From Ed Sullivan Theater

Eddie Vedder meets Ed Sullivan when Pearl Jam takes over the theater on Thursday, May 4th to perform a live mini-concert exclusively for visitors to the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN website.

It all begins with Pearl Jam taping their performance on LATE SHOW for broadcast later that evening. Then, immediately following the show taping, Pearl Jam will take the stage again to perform a special concert featuring some of the group's best-known hits as well as never-before heard cuts from their new CD, "Pearl Jam" (released May 2nd).

To watch the live concert, log on to www.cbs.com/lateshow at approximately 5:45pm EDT on Thursday, May 4th. Then be sure to tune in to the LATE SHOW at 11:30pm to catch their regularly scheduled appearance with Dave (along with Julia Roberts).

LIVE ON LETTERMAN: PEARL JAM
Thursday, May 4th
Start time: 5:45pm EDT (approximately)
www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow

:drool:

Lila64 said:

And exclusively for 350 lucky 10 clubbers who get to watch in person rather than on their computer.

PJ TO PLAY EUROPE: TEN CLUB TICKET INFO!
Pearl Jam has announced the European dates of their 2006 worldwide tour. Six years since the band's last visit to Europe, Pearl Jam will return-kicking off 23 August in Dublin and continuing through 30 September in Athens.

DATE CITY VENUE
Aug 23 Dublin, Ireland The Point
Aug 25** Leeds, UK Leeds Festival
Aug 27** Reading, UK Reading Festival
Aug 29 Arnhem, Netherlands Geldredome
Aug 30 Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis
Sept 2** Vitoria, Spain Azkena Rock Festival
Sept 4 Lisbon, Portugal Atlantico Pavillion
Sept 5 Lisbon, Portugal Atlantico Pavillion
Sept 7 Madrid, Spain Arena
Sept 9 Marseille, France Le Dome
Sept 11 Paris, France Bercy
Sept 13 Bern, Switzerland Arena
Sept 14 Bologna, Italy PalaMalaguti
Sept 16 Verona, Italy Arena
Sept 17 Milan, Italy Forum
Sept 19 Torino, Italy Palaisozaki
Sept 20 Pistoia, Italy Duomo Square
Sept 22 Prague, Czech Rep Sazka Arena
Sept 23 Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
Sept 25 Vienna, Austria Stadhalle
Sept 26 Zagreb, Croatia Dom Sportova
Sept 30 Athens, Greece Oaka Basketball Arena

http://www.pearljam.com/news/index.php?what=News#105

I got the high quality version of this today from a friend. DAmn this new album blows Riot Act out of the water. And I really liked RA, but damn this album just rocks big time. I'd say my current fave is Inside Job. But the album as a whole is really great. :rockon:

I'll be seeing them twice at The Gorge this summer. :dance: Bring on a great tour with the new album. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom