New Pearl Jam leaked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea of course he does it on the show that i was supposed to go to, but had to sell my ticket because i had to go to my niece's birthday party in CT that day, but then could have gone because i couldn't make the party because my car broke down, but didn't have a ticket and nothing dropped on ticketmaster.com durring the day :mad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
could have gone because i couldn't make the party because my car broke down, but didn't have a ticket and nothing dropped on ticketmaster.com durring the day :mad:

God almighty, you sure have bad luck with vehicles. Maybe we should start a "Car for Headache" fund. :wink:

If you watch the entire thing, the very end he sounds like the EdVed we know.

Otherwise Bad Radio seems like a RHCP knock off, which could explain the whole Jack Irons connection which led to Eddie singing over the Stone Gossard demos and moving to Seattle.

Ha! That clip did look decidedly Pepper-like. The song is also very reminiscent of an actual Pearl Jam song, Dirty Frank, which was written (and obviously influenced) while on tour with RCHP.

Here's some more pre-PJ goodness from Eddie & friends in Bad Radio. With these, Eddie's delivery is definitely making the transition to his own style. It's EVOLUTION, baby!

"Homeless" http://www.yous endit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B0125B8C0789E8A4

(No, that isn't Boom on the keyboards.) If it were sharpened a bit, I can actually picture PJ doing a kick-ass version.

"Believe You Me" http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3A2E6FBC221993C3

Bad Radio used this song to win a "battle of the bands" contest in 1990.

"Betterman" http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=23F4EA1855489134

As the legend goes, the rest of the guys in Pearl Jam had no idea this song existed until Eddie pulled it out of the closet for the Vitalogy sessions. Sneaky.

angelordevil said:
The song is also very reminiscent of an actual Pearl Jam song, Dirty Frank, which was written (and obviously influenced) while on tour with RCHP.

Dirty Frank basically ends with the guitar riff from Freaky Styley

I witnessed the last live performance of Dirty Frank on 4/12/94 at the Orpheum Theater in Boston. Would love to have them pull that one out again.

great great article in the new rolling stone, where among other things, vedder admits that the original story behind their name is, in fact, a load of crap.

But he concedes that another oft-told tale is less accurate: that the name Pearl Jam came from Vedder's great-grandmother Pearl, who, he used to claim, was married to an American Indian and was in the habit of making preserves spiked with various hallucinogenics. His great-grandma really was named Pearl. The rest is, indeed, "total bulllshit."

Told of Vedder's admission, Ament and McCready seem relieved. They cough up the true -- if less romantic -- tale behind the band's name. Brainstorming in a Seattle restaurant to come up with something, anything, to replace their original name, Mookie Blaylock (inspired by the NBA star), Ament came up with "pearl." The band didn't settle on the second half of its name until a 1991 trip to New York to sign a deal with Epic Records. Gossard, Vedder and Ament drove out to see Neil Young play Nassau Coliseum. "He played, like, nine songs over three hours. Every song was like a fifteen- or twenty-minute jam," says Ament. "So that's how 'jam' got added on to the name. Or at least that's how I remember it."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10533095/the_second_coming_of_pearl_jam/1

10575374-10575377-slarge.jpg

Nicest pic of the guys in quite some time :up:

Eddie's been wearing the crap out of that Plasmatics shirt!

:hyper:

Just got 2 front row club level tickets to see PJ in St. Paul on Tuesday for well below face value!! Ahh...for all the bad shit about scalpers and ebay...if you wait till the last second you can get some great stuff.

St Paul is not a hot bed apparently.

The Petty fan club tix that he cancelled due to the whole scalper debacle got re-released thru TM recently, with a will call only option...5th row floors were hanging on TM for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom