New Mute Math tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
Had anybody seen Mute Math on their current tour? I have tickets for sept. 11 in Winnipeg.

I was gonna see them Nov. 2nd in Orlando, but I'll be out of town. :(

just saw them on the last one, tiny venue and they kicked ass.

gonna try and work in this tour too....the drummer is off the rails :drool:

thetitans2k said:
Has any one seen them other than this tour? How are they live?

You will walk away with your mouth on the floor. I'm seeing them for my fifth time Oct. 5 in Lawrence, Kan. And snowbunny is right, their drummer is not human. He was created in a lab on some other planet. He will freak you out.

I'd be going to the show if I wasn't working... Enjoy the show titans2k; the WECC is a great intimate venue. :up:

So the show was incredible, yet again. They previously seemed like an up-and-coming band playing in a small club. This time it felt like a big band playing in a small club. They're very professional and ready for the big time, for sure.

Their new stage set up is cool. They have six or so small video screens that played Zoo TV-type images. VERY cool element to the show. (As if you needed anything else.)

They also played a new song, confirmed to be on their next album, called "Clockwork." Traces of U2 are in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxSzyLx4rk&mode=related&search=

Nice review coemgen. They did Clockwork here in LA also. And I liked the effects they got from minimal stage lights, a couple strobes and spotlights on each side of the stage.

The singer mentioned that they were at the Roxy opening with 4 or 5 other bands about a year ago and there were just a handful of people. Now they were playing a packed club and it was clear they were becoming a bigger draw, probably not too many more chances to see them in a small venue.

On a side note, Eisley opened for them and though they're not really my cup o tea, they were very good. Nice 3 girl harmonies and pretty good songs. They were unpretentious and happy to be playing before a pretty big crowd. Recommended. :up:

I agree with you, hardyharhar. They're probably not going to be playing small clubs much longer. I have a feeling when they release "Noticed" as a single in the coming weeks that will seal the deal. Should be a bigger hit than "Typical."

I agree with your comments on Eisley, too. I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy their stuff, but I can't deny the fact that they're talented. They've got a bright future ahead of them, for sure. My wife loved their part of the show. (So I'll get to hear more Eisley anyway :wink: )

coemgen said:
Mute Math is on Conan tonight!

:wink:

just watched that...holy shit. Had no idea they were that fucking crazy live. I'm kicking myself for not seeing them when they came to Bloomington a year or so ago (though it was a school night and I was in Indianapolis then). I hope they come back here soon... fucking awesome performace :up:

AtomicBono said:

just watched that...holy shit. Had no idea they were that fucking crazy live. I'm kicking myself for not seeing them when they came to Bloomington a year or so ago (though it was a school night and I was in Indianapolis then). I hope they come back here soon... fucking awesome performace :up:

Glad you liked it, AtomicBono :wink:

That's what their entire show is like. I'm sure they'll be touring in the spring, and they might have their new album out by then too.

I was somewhat surprised they didn't play "Noticed," which they had mentioned on their Wikipedia entry that it would be their next single. Now, that's not on there anymore and they played "Break the Same" (which is freaking awesome, too). I bet they're just going to focus on releasing the new album asap and they decided to give people a glimpse of their live shows tonight.

Back
Top Bottom