"New Day At Midnight"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
Just pulled this off the internet and I really like it. David Gray is one of the few artists out right now that I can realy get off on with his song writing and style. The album comes out at the sametime as "Best Of" but I will be looking more forward to buying this album.

If any of you are fans of his you will hear a lot of change. He uses a lot more synth and electronic sounds this time.

P.S> If you move this post let me know where

*hopes she has enough money to get New Day At Midnight and Best Of on Tuesday*

More details, please!!

*hopes lots of people buy this and tell me how it is*

NME said this album was piss poor. I have no opinion, I haven't heard it yet. I liked White Ladder though.

I've been downloading the songs....

it's...

it's more acoustic sounding, more stark and mellowed out I guess than "White Ladder" which is considered eclectic for Gray....

I'm a fan of his acoustic sound too, but....

His voice sounds nice and all, and he can come up with melodies. but the writing isn't there on this one like it has been in the past. Not really. These songs don't make an album as consistent as "White Ladder"

I do like "Freedom" though.

I'll be getting the U2 Best Of and the new Wallflowers probably

Last edited:
OK good somebody already started one.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS IT???? THis cd ROCKS. Its much diff than his last one. Seems more upbeat and happy....less sad and gloomy and heartbreaking...which dont get me wrong....I LOVE That style. But yes the first thing that came to my head when i put on the first song was "Funky":D

I give it a 8.75 out of 10.

My fave songs include:
Dead in the water....the "funky song"
Kangaroo....SOO cute and happy :D
Last boat to america.....:drool:
December.....:drool: again
Be mine..."jumpin Jesus...Holy Cow!!!!" LOVE THAT LINE :laugh:
and of course -The other side....:love:

I strongly recommend this one to those who liked White ladder. It took me till the second listen to really love it and get used to it. But its really great :D

----this has been a CD review with Ali Rose----

Last edited:
I just got it too, Ali Rose. I just haven't listened to all of it. I heard some of the stuff they put on his website in the last couple months, but not all.

Anyone else going to see David in San Francisco? GAs for only $27.50! What a bargain!

Back
Top Bottom