NBA Playoff Time... - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #301
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Dammit.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life

Congratulations San Antonio Spurs, 2004-05 NBA Champions. They won it fair and square.

But you have to give the Detroit Pistons all the credit in the world for not folding after losing the first two games in blowouts. For coming DAMN close to winning the title themselves. To coming one Robert Horry away from winning game 5 and the title in game 6. And you also have to give Horry credit for always turning up in the clutch - that counts for tonight too.

Both teams played great, it was ugly to watch at times, but they both played great. Easily the best Finals since Bulls-Jazz 98.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:06 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Yep, good Finals.

One helluva run for this franchise.

'99, '03, and '05. That is impressive over 6 years. Usually teams win a couple then disappear for a while. They must be doing something right in San Antonio.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:23 PM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Tim Duncan had a monster game (by the standards of this series, Duncan's Iversonesque 25 points on 10-27 shooting is a monster game). By the fourth quarter, the Pistons had to resort to doubling him in the post. The kickout threes by Manu and Horry basically determined the ballgame.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 PM   #305
ONE
love, blood, life

Now I'm bummed...the NBA season is over.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 PM   #306
Blue Crack Distributor

tim duncan is the worst finals mvp i've ever seen... to be frank, i would have gone with robert horry as the mvp... because in this entire pathetic 7 game series, the only player to put forth a truely great performance was robert horry... thus then, he should have gotten the MVP for his one great performance, as opposed to Duncan's consistant good, yet far from great, performances.

to be perfectly honest with you... this series makes me believe jeff van gundy more than i ever thought i would

for the sake of basketball in america... thank GOD that the spurs beat the pistons. if the pistons were able to win two consecutive championships, i just may have given up basketball as my living.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:28 AM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
tim duncan is the worst finals mvp i've ever seen... to be frank, i would have gone with robert horry as the mvp...
I would gone with Ginobili
Old 06-24-2005, 05:34 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
tim duncan is the worst finals mvp i've ever... to be frank, i would have gone with robert horry as the mvp
Well, at least Chauncey Billups is off the hook for last year. [/sarcasm]

Statistically, Horry's second half + OT in game 5 wasn't any better than Duncan's second half in game 7. Horry's game just seemed more impressive because it was a bit more dramatic and because you don't expect much from him.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #309
Blue Crack Distributor

don't get me wrong duncan was very good... but he wasn't great. there really wasn't an MVP i this series. but they've gotta give it to someone, so i guess why not timmay

and on a side note... to be frank... to be perfectly honest with ya... i always enjoy reading my drunken posts the next morning.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
tim duncan is the worst finals mvp i've ever seen...
Agreed... Tim Duncan = Despite supposedly being the leader of his team, he choked in the most important parts of Games 5 and 6. Otherwise, in my opinion, this series would have been over sooner... even in Game 7, Ginobili's 11 points in the fourth quarter are what truly lifted the Spurs over the very resilient Pistons.

In any event, I am very happy for the Spurs and for Manu Ginobili. He is the only player, apart from Jordan and Pippen, to win a Gold Olympic Medal and an NBA Championship in the same season... that is pretty good company, I have to say.

Go Spurs !
Old 06-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #311
Refugee

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Congratulations to the Spurs and the people of Texas. It was a great series.

I still can't believe we blew game five. But championship teams find a way to win those type of games.

Enjoy the championship.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #312
Blue Crack Distributor

i do believe this was the worst 7 game series in the history of 7 game series'... only one close game.

as the sports guy put it...

Quote:
The question remains: Is this entertaining? Much like the Rockets and Knicks in the hideous 1994 Finals, the Spurs and Pistons seem to bring out the worst in one another (only without OJ's Bronco Chase to lighten the mood). Some basketball purists love the defensive energy on both sides, how this is turning into a battle of wills, who wants it more, all that crap. And that would be fine … if this was hockey or football. Unfortunately, it's basketball. In the NBA Finals, both teams are supposed to play more than seven guys, and it shouldn't be cause for celebration when someone makes two straight jumpers or plays above his head for an entire game. Only in Game 5 did both teams bring out the best in one another. It shouldn't be a bi-weekly occurrence.

the only thing i disagree with was the hideousness of the '94 finals... but as a knick fan i'm probably biased, so i can't really comment
Old 06-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

How about the hideousness of John Starks in game 7 rather than the whole series?

Was the OJ chase during the finals? I thought it was the semis, damn thats a long time ago now.
"I sees OJ, and he look scared....Baba Booey to you all."
Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Talking about the Spurs, I should also point out how poorly Tony Parker played... he is probably the most overrated player in the league and received the trophy as a nice 'gift' from the rest of SAS 'true' player (Duncan, Ginobili, Bowen, Horry).

Tony, come back in October and practice some more.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:26 PM   #315
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Boooooooo