NBA Playoff Time... - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
maybe its really headache who is the sports guy
If so, then Headache deserves ample kudos for simultaneously pulling off the tormented Red Sox fan gig on ESPN.com and the bitter anti-Sox fan bit here.

Old 06-18-2005, 09:13 AM   #257
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

If so, then Headache deserves ample kudos for simultaneously pulling off the tormented Red Sox fan gig on ESPN.com and the bitter anti-Sox fan bit here.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #258
ONE
love, blood, life

Game 5 tonight...

Let's go Pistons! Make it 3 out of 3 in Detroit! Take the 3-2 lead!
Old 06-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Game 5 tonight...

Let's go Pistons! Make it 3 out of 3 in Detroit! Take the 3-2 lead!
Tonight, the Spurs will win. They are too good of a team to sustain this embarassment for three games.

And it will be the end of the series and the D-suck Pistons do not have a chance in SA.

Go Spurs go!
Old 06-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #260
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Tonight, the Spurs will win. They are too good of a team to sustain this embarassment for three games.

And it will be the end of the series and the D-suck Pistons do not have a chance in SA.

Go Spurs go!
These are the two best teams in the NBA. Anything can happen. But it's wrong to say either team sucks. That's just ignorant. And do I need to remind you that Detroit has already won a game 7 on an oppenent's floor this playoffs?

GO DETROIT!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

These are the two best teams in the NBA. Anything can happen. But it's wrong to say either team sucks. That's just ignorant. And do I need to remind you that Detroit has already won a game 7 on an oppenent's floor this playoffs?

GO DETROIT!
Sorry, man, the fact that Detroit is a good team does not prevent me from hating them.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 PM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

ok the last two possessions of regulation are why i hate nba basketball

instead of running an actual play each team just gave the ball to the guard, cleared out and let him try to make a play, both times it failed miserably

how about running a play that involves more than one person, like somebody cutting across the baseline, getting a nice pick, have the ball thrown to them and they shoot a jumper?

picket fence play anybody?

nope, just 1 on 1 type crap, it sucks, i hate it and thats why i dont watch the nba
Old 06-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #263
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

A few questions:

1. By how many inches did Robert Horry dislocate his shoulder on that dunk?

2. Has it now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that one must always cover the passer on an inbounds play late in the game?

3. Why not put Antonio McDyess in for Ben Wallace for an offensive possession with 5.9 seconds left?
Old 06-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Spurs 96, Pistons 95

Great game. Finally one worth of an NBA Final.

Despite my initial beliefs, Robert Horry is 'da man'. What he did today was unbelievable.

Go Spurs! One more to go, and thank God, no more games to play in Detroit.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:25 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer
A few questions:

1. By how many inches did Robert Horry dislocate his shoulder on that dunk?

2. Has it now been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that one must always cover the passer on an inbounds play late in the game?

3. Why not put in Antonio McDyess in for Ben Wallace for an offensive possession with 5.9 seconds left?
1. I know. Unbelievable.

2. I think what the Pistons thought was that Manu was going to drive the basket. This play reminded me a lot of the last play of the series between the Bulls and the Suns, where MJ drove the ball and Paxson hit the three.

3. I agree. The thing was that Larry Brown was not even intending to pass the ball on the last play. It was only supposed to go to Billups but the Spurs defended him great.

Go Spurs!

BTW, in this series it will be impossible to pick an MVP. No player has been consistent enough.

I miss Air Jordan. He was the one and only MVP.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #266
Blue Crack Distributor

the ginobli play to end regulation was a very good play call against an over-aggresive defensive team like the pistons... you put the ball in the hands of your best peremeter player and let him drive to the basket, drawing ben wallace off of tim duncan, who trails down the lane un-checked for an offensive rebound... it worked exactly to design... duncan just didn't hit the easy follow.

by that same theory (best rebounder trailing down the weak side), anyone with half a clue knew immediately that the pistons were going to attempt to shoot on the left side of the court once you saw ben wallace move to the right side.

i would have put the ball in the hands of chauncy billups myself on that final play in over-time

duncan played like a pansy down the stretch... he played well for three quarters, but then disapeared in the 4th.

but when it's all said and done, this game is all about three simple words....

big

shot

bob.

robert horry has simply been one of the most clutch shooters in NBA history. how you leave him bare-ass open with time running out is beyond me.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #267
ONE
love, blood, life

Great, great game. A heartbreaker though.

But you heard Duncan; When it comes to winning elimination games, the Pistons are the best around. Losing game 5 definitley hurt them, but I still think they can steal game 6 and at least push it to a game 7.

And I'm surprised I haven't heard more of you bitching and moaning about Sheed almost pulling a Webber yet.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #268
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
robert horry has simply been one of the most clutch shooters in NBA history. how you leave him bare-ass open with time running out is beyond me.
The Spurs had 3 or maybe even 4 3-point threats on the floor(Horry, Ginobili, Parker, Bowen), it's hard to keep them all closed off AND adequately cover Duncan inside. Someone was bound to be left open and unfortunately for the Pistons it was Horry.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:34 PM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I agree with Headache... Duncan played well for 3 quarters.

Then he chickened out.

He played much better than games 3 and 4 but by no means he played by his standards.

I also agree with Headache. Even though the Spurs had a lot of 3-point threats, the one you want to make sure to cover is Big Shot Bob.

The apparently best team in the league screwed up what could be the most important play of the season, I think.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #270
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
And I'm surprised I haven't heard more of you bitching and moaning about Sheed almost pulling a Webber yet.
the only thing interesting about the rasheed time out is that if you watch the original game tape the clock was stopped with 0.1 seconds left... the refs waved it off and said that the time expired, as they should have. it would have been a shame to end a game on a play like that. but detroit's home court advantage... i.e. the scorekeeper being quick on the clock... almost screwed them royaly.