NBA Basketball 2009-10: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably just payback for beating them on their own floor earlier this season.

I'm sorry, when did Kobe express hatred for your city? Just because he had the audacity to help wipe the floor with the 76ers in the Finals? Or because he was interested in playing with a storied franchise like the Lakers in the first place.

I didn't know the guy wasn't allowed to root for one of his hometown teams.

I'm sorry, when did Kobe express hatred for your city? Just because he had the audacity to help wipe the floor with the 76ers in the Finals? Or because he was interested in playing with a storied franchise like the Lakers in the first place.

I didn't know the guy wasn't allowed to root for one of his hometown teams.

No, because he has multiple times stated that he doesn't care about Philadelphia's fans and wants to see their "hearts get ripped out," regardless of who does it.

I have no problem with him wiping the floor with the Sixers in the 2001 Finals at all, nor do I have a problem with him simply because he plays for Los Angeles. I do have a problem with him being a douche and repeatedly disrespecting his hometown. I strongly root against his success because he's not a good person.

No, because he has multiple times stated that he doesn't care about Philadelphia's fans and wants to see their "hearts get ripped out," regardless of who does it.

I have no problem with him wiping the floor with the Sixers in the 2001 Finals at all, nor do I have a problem with him simply because he plays for Los Angeles. I do have a problem with him being a douche and repeatedly disrespecting his hometown. I strongly root against his success because he's not a good person.

Multiple times? I was under the impression he said that once, and that can certainly be chalked up to competitive hype, trying to psych out Iverson, etc.

I understand why sensitive Philly sports fans who hadn't won a pro-sports title in 20 years would take it too personally, though.

Ah, but that's got nothing to do with it either. We've won our championship. Kobe, however, is still an asshole.

It would be difficult to be a Washington Wizards fan.

Is there such a thing?

Arenas may be a decent ballplayer, but he is a cancer to the team. He plays himself off as a "goofball." In reality, he has started fights with other teammates, took his car and smashed it into others teammates cars after arguments, and now has pulled a gun on them. The NBA is helping the Wizards.

Pretty soon I'll be asking Gilly to do some gunkata on the Magic. They've been playing like dogshit.

it appears as if arenas was actually playing a really fucked up and unbelievably stupid joke with the guns, where as critterton, who hasn't gotten this much publicity since he wrote jurassic park, actually pulled his own gun, loaded it and chambered a round, all while singing...

your washington wizards.

Blake Griffin out for the season.

The Los Angeles Clippers continue to be among the most cursed franchises in sports.

Maybe Nate Griffin can replace him?

2482.jpg

The Lakers are trying to trade Kobe to the Nyets for Keyon Dooling. The only hangup is the Nyets actually want Farmar, and the Lakers won't make a deal with him as the centerpiece. So look for Dooling to be headed to LA for Kobe and a 2014 second round pick.

Back
Top Bottom