NBA Basketball 2007-08: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a disciplinary measure. Apparently there was a confrontation between Noah and one of the assistant coaches during practice, words were had, Noah's behavior wasn't appreciated by the coaching staff, and he was benched for one game(Friday's Philly game). However, the rest of the players apparently voted unanimously to bench Noah for one more game(yesterday's Atlanta game) because one game wasn't enough for what he did in the practice. What exactly happened in that practice is unknown.

:shrug:

thetitans2k said:
You talk to him?

Ok Im puting this out there and no hes not an ass hole at all, ive met him a few times and hes actually really nice and hes been to my friends house a few times to help out them moving...

so all that crap about him being an ass isnt.

and btw i guess ill have news later on what happend...thats what it was about..and im not going to post what the real problem is up here, thats why i said for everyone in the thread to email me.

noah went to poly prep high school and played in the gym that's outside my office window on numerous occasions.

he may not be an actual "douche" per say, but he certainly has the tendencty to act like a douche.

but to be fair it's going on second hand information... i've never actually met the alleged douche myself.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
noah went to poly prep high school and played in the gym that's outside my office window on numerous occasions.

he may not be an actual "douche" per say, but he certainly has the tendencty to act like a douche.

but to be fair it's going on second hand information... i've never actually met the alleged douche myself.

:wink:

Too bad the rest of his team sucked.

It was good to see a legit Magic home win.

Another example of the networks' NBA choices sucking...Celts/Blazers tonight would have been a great choice, but ESPN is giving us...drumroll please...the Miami Cold vs. the Chicago Calves. Brilliant :(

That one makes sense because it's a re-match of a playoff series that killed one of the teams completely. If neither team were terrible, then it would be a fun game to watch.

Celts/Blazers would've been great though.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
isn't it calfs when it's an animal? :scratch:

Probably. Though I think I've read "calves' liver" before so who knows? Go with "heifers" then :)

Edit: Or how about "steers", isn't that a bull with no...

pass the cheesedoodles

stephenaonhardball.jpg

EVERYTHING OBAMA SAYS IS IMPORTANT!

Shoot me now. Shoot me now with a very big gun.

(Just for the record, Obama seems like a nice enough guy to me, though I disagree with him on a number of points.)

Got Philk? said:
Headache, you were right about everything. Signing Ben Wallace was dumb. Drafting T. Thomas was dumb, drafting J. Noah was dumb. Was there anything else?

:sad:
Firing Skiles, but not Paxson...dumb.

I thought Wallace was a great signing when we got him. I was wrong. Very wrong.

But I was never very thrilled about Tyrus OR Noah as draft choices. In 2006, even at the time, I wanted Aldridge badly and was pissed off when we took him only to trade him for Thomas. In hindsight, Roy would've been better than both. In 2007, I was bummed when we didn't luck into the first or second pick, and then bummed even more when we made no attempt to trade up in the draft for a fellow player. When it got to #10, there wasn't anybody left that was much better than Noah that I know of, but I still didn't want Noah.

Got Philk? said:
Headache, you were right about everything. Signing Ben Wallace was dumb. Drafting T. Thomas was dumb, drafting J. Noah was dumb. Was there anything else?

:sad:

:hmm: they gave up on tyson chandler too early & luol deng and ben gordon are very nice players but ultimately are 2nd fiddles and don't have what it takes to lead a team to a championship?

:scratch:

i think that's it.

ahhh yes... they should have traded for kobe when they had the chance. now that's it.

:hug:

if it makes you feel any better, they're still light years ahead of the knicks.

I didn't like the whole TThomas deal, it was questionable at the time and only looks worse in hindsight. Ending up @ #10 they didn't have a ton of great options so I can't really kill the Noah pick...though quite frankly [/Stephen A] I like Big Baby more than Noah right now, 2nd rounder or not.

davis' only issues were that he was over-weight and under-sized. he has actuall, ya know, skills. noah on the other hand is simply an energy guy with limited offensive ability... much like tyrus thomas and ben wallace.

isn't isiah from chicago originaly? i'm sure we could work something out where the hometown hero can return to resurrect the bulls from the duldrums.

You know what the amazing thing concerning Wallace is? The Bulls' coaching staff has and continues to run actual offense plays FOR Wallace. Pick and rolls. I'm not kidding.

Wallace is probably the Bulls' most consistent offensive player...just the wrong consistent :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom