NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
• Tyson Chandler: 9.5 points, 12.4 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 0.5 steals per game; 62.4 FG% and 52.7 FT%; $9.5 million cap figure; 24 years old.

• Ben Wallace: 6.4 points, 10.7 rebounds, 2.1 blocks and 1.5 steals per game; 45.3 FG% and 41.0 FT%; $16 million cap figure; 32 years old.

Point taken.
Since you keep repeating that Ben Wallace is overrated, I will continue to keep repeating that Curry and Chandler needed to get away from Chicago.

16 Mill though....:tsk:

Also, I noticed something last night. Imagine this...the Bulls blew a huge shot at an easier first round. One big reason why? Ben Gordon/Kirk Heinrich couldn't guard Vince Carter...much less score over him.

WHY DON'T WE HAVE ROY!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:

Point taken.
Since you keep repeating that Ben Wallace is overrated, I will continue to keep repeating that Curry and Chandler needed to get away from Chicago.

16 Mill though....:tsk:

Also, I noticed something last night. Imagine this...the Bulls blew a huge shot at an easier first round. One big reason why? Ben Gordon/Kirk Heinrich couldn't guard Vince Carter...much less score over him.

WHY DON'T WE HAVE ROY!!!!!!!!!

you can have curry back if you'd like

chandler probably did need a change of scenary... that's fair enough. but his numbers last year with chicago's are actually better than ben wallace's numbers this year, for 7 million more per and 12 years younger.

ben wallace is a joke... have fun with miami.

and have fun with the knicks draft pick :mad:

No...Curry needed to get and stay away from Chicago!!! :mad:

I think Chandler has found a great place with a great point guard to set him up. Paul makes him such a better offensive player. Even if that means his offense is O Rebounds and dunks. ;) But...his rebounding has always been there.

And I smell lottery upset! NY gets first pick...and gives it to Chicago. :wink:

come on...he's made some great moves! Jerome James was by far my favorite. :yes:

He's making 5.8 million right now. He has played 6.7 minutes per game. that's almost a million dollars per minute!

Take into consideration that he has only played 41 games. Math is not my forte...but it's not smart money.

Last edited:
I realize two playoffs games have gone by, but here are my playoff predictions I made yesterday unchanged by what happened today:

Mavs over Warriors in 5
Suns over Lakers in 5
Spurs over Nuggets in 6
Rockets over Jazz in 7

Pistons over Magic in 4
Cavs over Wizards in 4
Raptors over Nets in 6
Heat over Bulls in 7

Conference Semis:

Mavs over Rockets in 6
Spurs over Suns in 7

Pistons over Heat in 6
Cavs over Raptors in 6

Conference Finals:

Mavs over Spurs in 6
Pistons over Cavs in 7

NBA Finals:

Mavs over Pistons in 6

Last edited:
gotta love the Nuggets.

I still think Timmay and Manu's bald spot will win the series though.

I wanna see the warriors kill the mavs ever thought that won't happen..

I wanna see the lakers kill the suns in the next games not just because im a kobe fan but because the dis-respect the suns are talking bout the lakers.

Don't care less for tmac and yao nor utah..

I'd like to see the nets get knocked out because I would atleast like to see toronto in the next round..

I really wanna see the pistons to get knocked out too but the magic is nothing special..

o, and I like the heat but gotta go with the bulls

o and after who i want to win here is what I think is gonna happen

Mavs over Warriors in 4
Lakers over Suns in 6
Nuggets over Spurs in 4
Rockets over Jazz in 5

Pistons over Magic in 6
Cavs over Wizards in easy 4
Nets over Raptors in 7
Bulls over Heat in 7

CONFRENCE SEMIS:

Rockets over Mavs in 7
Nuggets over lakers in 6

Bulls over Pistons in 7
Cavs over Nets in 6

CONFRENCE FINALS:

Rockets over Nuggets in 7
Bulls over Cavs in 6

FINALS:

Rockets over Bulls in 5

Pistons over the Magic in 6?

The Magic collectively can't dribble a basketball or hit a free throw, they haven't been able to all season and won't start now.

They'll lose in 4, maybe 5.

Wow,

Spurs and Mavs went down in Game 1.
Should be some good first round series.

Hopefully my Jazz can get going against the Rockets.
Winner might face Golden state in the second round:wink:

just when i was starting to like the mamba, i actually sit down and watch him shoot away a playoff game.

the problem, of course, with shooting every damn shot is that as you get tired and it becomes harder to get good shots, i.e. in the 4th quarter, and the defense knows that you don't trust your teammates at all, they're just gonna colapse on you every time you get the ball... and if you shoot anyway, you're just gonna shoot your team out of the game.

kobe still doesn't get that the only way he's going to be successful post-shaq is by making his teammates better.

ya look at nash... everyone on the court is better because of nash. everyone's all on barbosa's nuts after the game, but who was the guy throwing the ball up the court without over-dribbling, hitting the open guy :gasp: when he's open? nash. the entire culture of that team involves giving the ball to the open guy, no matter who it is... and that starts with steve nash.

:tsk: poor poor mamba

I really do think the Suns vs. the Bulls in the finals would make for some exciting basketball.

Both teams can run and both teams would. If we can just beat the Heat, we it is certainly a possibility.

That said, Shaq fouled out last game. How much do u want to bet that he will get away with quite a bit in game 2. That, and D Wade will get all the calls. Mark my words. This will happen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
wade looked awful

unless you ask doug collins.

that three point shot was as bad as any 5 terrible shots the mamba took.

and it's a shame that arenas got hurt... 'cause the cavs would lose.

nets/pistons for the 90th time in the eastern finals?

You don't think the Bulls can beat Miami? Or is that you don't think they can beat Detroit after Miami?

I don't know. So far, it has all played out like I thought. Shaq has now complained about the fouls that he got. So you know he won't foul out next game.

Heinrich on the other hand threw his mouthpiece and was fined so look for him to be on close watch. And that sucks because guess who guards Wade...

I know Wade isn't himself. But if he drives and initiates contact, boom...foul.

I'm pessamistic on this series. If we win, I will be so optimistic you'll hate me. :D

what was up with the $25,000 fine to Heinrich?:huh:

I know he really should not of done it, but $25,000??

Guess I'll be occupied tonight watching heat and bulls and lakers and suns..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom