NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the seeding work now?

Clearly it's not the stupid 'winner of each division is automatically a top three seed' thing anymore, because Detroit is ranked #1 in the East, and Cleveland, in the same division, is ranked #2 in the East. But clearly it's not just a straight ranking of winning percentages either because my Bulls have the third highest winning percentage in the East(behind the two aforementioned teams) and yet are ranked #5 in the East. I don't understand this.

Also, when the hell are Detroit and Cleveland going to lose a few games? The Bulls are on their asses, within a few games of both, with a four game winning streak, but Detroit also has a four game winning streak going and Cleveland has a seven game winning streak going.

Two terrible divisions in the East and the Bulls have to be in the one with some actual competition.

namkcuR said:
How does the seeding work now?

The three division winners and the runner up with the best record are the top four seeds.

And Headache is right, that was a hell of a game in Dallas. Unfortunately it didn't swing the way I would have liked it to. The Mavericks gave that one away. Terrible execution in the 4th quarter.

dallas still manages to choke in big spots. as much as i love dirk, he seems to be the ringleader. 91% free throw shooter, misses the free throw that would have iced the game in regulation.

the division winners get the top seeds worked when the nba wasn't so unbalanced as it is now... but this year, like he said... 3 division winners and first runner up get the top 4 seeds, placed in order of record. so if the teams with the top 2 records are from the same division, they'll get the 1 and 2 seeds.

i'm begining to think that detroit (and only detroit) has a chance to win the title this year... only because the west is soooooooo good, and the east is soooooo bad, that the western teams are gonna beat the shit out of each other during the playoffs and be a little worn out by the time they face detroit in the finals.

dallas, phoenix, san antonio and houston are all significantly better than any team in the east... and the lakers and utah aren't that far behind.

Celtics lose: Hewson's happy.
Mavericks win: I'm happy.

Successful night in the NBA.

it's a 4 horse race in the west... if i had to rank teams in order of their chances to make the finals, i'd have to go dallas first, followed by phoenix, san antonio and houston.

i'd normaly never put phoenix in front of the spurs but i have to for one reason... amare. he's begining to look like old amare, which is a frightening thought for the west.

in the east the clear cut favorite is detroit, with miami as a darkhorse based on the way shaq's been playing since wade went down.

Yeah, 4 teams could easily make it out west. I do think Detroit has the best chance too. But you're right, Miami with Shaq playing like he is might be tough. I haven't lost hope with my Bulls yet either though. Then there is Toronto and Cleveland too I guess, but I'd like to think Chicago could beat both of them.

But sticking with the west. The reason I say Phoenix won't make it is because I watched them play Detroit last night. If a team can take them away from the fast pace they want, they can't win. Teams that play defense can beat Phoenix pretty easily. San Antonio could be that type of team. Detroit is that kind of team. Scary part of last night, Billups didn't play any in the second half and they still

I would like to see Houston come out on top of it all, but I have my doubts. :(

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it's a 4 horse race in the west... if i had to rank teams in order of their chances to make the finals, i'd have to go dallas first, followed by phoenix, san antonio and houston.

i'd normaly never put phoenix in front of the spurs but i have to for one reason... amare. he's begining to look like old amare, which is a frightening thought for the west.

in the east the clear cut favorite is detroit, with miami as a darkhorse based on the way shaq's been playing since wade went down.

Shaq's been playing like a man possessed.

Alright, so the Magic beat Utah at home (Utah's lost 4-5 in a row right?) and lose to the Kings at home while Kevin Martin has a Wade-esque 20 free throws? That just bothers me.

When did Kevin Martin get to that level of benefit of the doubt calls?

And it looks like the Cavs have finally woken up.

Headache, I hope you're at the Mavs/Knicks game right now. I know you're a big Dirk fan.

Big loss for the Celts, swing game with the #3 seed (in the Oden derby) Charlotte (cinnamon, not chocolate) Babka.

Way to allow a 19-0 Babka run when you have an 18 point lead...well played Doc.

:dance:

just a tease...

03212007_pg2_big.jpg

If the Magic win at Boston and at home against Indiana on Friday, they're in the playoffs!

:hyper:

I wish it was the Playoffs already.

I'll throw in a :hyper: for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom