NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:
Ben Wallace has earned every cent of his contract this series. I don't care what Headache says. It is just foolish to think that Tyson Chandler would've done what Ben Wallace is doing in this series.

:giggle:

so just to get out of the 1st round against an aging, injured miami, the 16 million is worth it?

even i'll admit... if they win an nba title and ben wallace is a large part of it, then the contract is worth every penny, even in three years when the bulls are salary cap strapped and wallace is averaging 5 and 7 and making 16 per. a championship is worht that. but alas, i think your declaration may be a bit premature.

if they lose to detroit in the next round, then what's it worth?

Last edited:
Well it was good going to some playoff games this year and seeing Darko step up his game. The Magic need to resign him in the off-season, get a real point guard, get a real coach (there's quite a few available), and learn how to hit free throws and next season will be fun.

People are worrying about the Mavs, but what about the Rockets? The series isn't over but the Jazz have spanked them pretty thoroughly the past 2 games.

I've kind of been trying to refrain from posting because I don't want to post anything stupid that I'll regret saying. A lot of folks in Mavs Nation are panicking these days, and I've tried to not post anything showing the mild hysteria I've been in (especially after Friday's game).

Anyway, I think Avery can and will make the adjustments to get past this obstacle. Golden State really isn't your average 8 seed, but there's still no reason a 67 win team can't control tempo and win the series.

The Bulls have swept the Heat.

Suck on that, all you ESPN analysists who said the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat, who picked the Heat to win just because Shaq and Wade are on the roster, just because the Bulls don't have a so-called star, because you've been dickriding Miami all year long.

I know, I know, it's only the first round. Maybe we'll beat Detroit, maybe we won't. They've got a much better team than Miami.

But I can still be excited about kicking Miami's ass.

And Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are becoming men.

Luol Deng: 26.3 ppg 9.0 rpg 3.0 apg 1.8 spg 0.8 bpg
2.5 PFpg 2.5 TOpg
41.3 mpg 85.0 FT% 57.9 FG%

Ben Gordon: 25.5 ppg 5.3 rpg 5.5 apg 1.3 spg 0.3 bpg
2.8 PFpg 4.8 TOpg
42.5 mpg 44.3 FG% 40.0 3PT% 85.7 FT%

These two guys are special.

namkcuR said:
The Bulls have swept the Heat.

Suck on that, all you ESPN analysists who said the Bulls couldn't beat the Heat, who picked the Heat to win just because Shaq and Wade are on the roster, just because the Bulls don't have a so-called star, because you've been dickriding Miami all year long.

I know, I know, it's only the first round. Maybe we'll beat Detroit, maybe we won't. They've got a much better team than Miami.

But I can still be excited about kicking Miami's ass.

And Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are becoming men.

Luol Deng: 26.3 ppg 9.0 rpg 3.0 apg 1.8 spg 0.8 bpg
2.5 PFpg 2.5 TOpg
41.3 mpg 85.0 FT% 57.9 FG%

Ben Gordon: 25.5 ppg 5.3 rpg 5.5 apg 1.3 spg 0.3 bpg
2.8 PFpg 4.8 TOpg
42.5 mpg 44.3 FG% 40.0 3PT% 85.7 FT%

These two guys are special.
Any team that has to rely on Antoine Walker or Jason Williams to "step up" should not win a Championship.

Man, we should have traded those two for Gasol...:tsk: :wink:

Headache, you fail to remember that in his post, he said he "didn't care what you said." But hey, feel free to speak.;)

Yes, Ben Wallace was needed to get by Miami. Chandler would not stop Shaq ever. He would get 5 fouls in 2 quarters and cry and get T'd up.

I prediect we beat the Pistons. Copy, paste and re-post this when we win/lose I don't care. Watch the series no matter what. These teams match up very well. Every game I've watched recently between the two is close and down to the last posession.

And Wallace did shoot 61% on free throws. That's worth at least 14 mill. :wink:

Last edited:
Got Philk? said:
Headache, you fail to remember that in his post, he said he "didn't care what you said." But hey, feel free to speak.;)

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:giggle:

so just to get out of the 1st round against an aging, injured miami, the 16 million is worth it?

even i'll admit... if they win an nba title and ben wallace is a large part of it, then the contract is worth every penny, even in three years when the bulls are salary cap strapped and wallace is averaging 5 and 7 and making 16 per. a championship is worth that. but alas, i think your declaration may be a bit premature.

if they lose to detroit in the next round, then what's it worth?

No offense to any Mavs fans, but I am really pulling for the Warriors here- if only because the media has been treating both them and the Suns as invincible, as though no other teams in the league ought to be discussed.

inmyplace13 said:

Anyway, I think Avery can and will make the adjustments to get past this obstacle.
Avery is coaching against the master of adjustments and gimmick lineups, and obviously a coach who knows the Mavs' weaknesses quite well.

This is on the verge of a monumental embarassment, under the old 3 of 5 first round system, it would be over now. Quite intriguing.
If the Mavs lose this series, do they blow it all up? Clearly this is a team built for regular season wins, but lacks the mental and physical toughness needed for success in the post season.

When is that lottery?

so sad... i love dirk, but man... he's soft. he's a second tier player.

great players put their team on their back when faced with adversity and carry them through. dirk needs to do this. he needs one of those 40 point, 15 rebound, 8 assist games that he is more than capable of getting. otherwise it's bye bye dallas.

if the mavs lose, more so than the team getting broken up, does cuban sell and concentrate more on his efforts to buy the cubs? :hmm:

the suns look primed to get over the hump and into the finals, amare being the difference (and a huge difference) between this year and last.

a suns vs. warriors matchup would be drool-worthy... 142-138 final scores :drool::drool::drool:

golden state probably should be a 5 or 6 seed... but they haven't played together until the final month of the season due to injuries, trades, etc.

the rockets need to trade mcgrady... send him to seattle (or vegas?) for jesus shuttlesworth. that or find a true point to put with yao and mcgrady that can set t-mac up better and feed yao, 'cause mcgrady just takes too many stupid jumpers. there is a reason why he's never gotten out of the first round.

the jazz have looked tough... diamond rejoices.

luol deng is the breakout star of the first round... well, along with the reemergance of baron davis as a froce.

the heat need to blow up the ship... it's over, stick a fork in 'em. shaq's still good but not 20+ million good and i've never been a wade fan. as shaq gets worse, it'll be harder and harder for wade to get his own shot. teams will force him to shoot, which he doesn't do well.

cleveland may complete the worst sweep of all time tonight... playing a wizards team without their two best players, yet the wizards have hung in every single game. if they play like this against new jersey, and new jersey plays the way they've played against toronto, cleveland's going home in 5 (or maybe 6).

the bulls smoked miami. is miami old? or did chicago just make 'em look old? who knows... but they won't be able to out-run detroit. an eastern conference semi that's almost worth watching... what's the world coming to.

i've gotta go with suns-detroit for the finals, with phoenix winning it all... but man would i love to see nash & kidd go head to head for the title. :drool:

a suns vs. warriors matchup would be drool-worthy... 142-138 final scores :drool::drool::drool:

I agree and I would love to see Golden State whoop the suns ass. So Chuck can shut up.

golden state is doing well against the mav's because dallas's big's can't keep up with the warriors & nelly knows everything the mav's do.

they will not have the same advantages if they ever end up meeting phoenix in the conference finals... phoenix's bigs are just as quick, if not more so.

by chuck do you mean charles barkley? what does he have to do with anything?

Justin24 said:

I agree and I would love to see Golden State whoop the suns ass. So Chuck can shut up.

Upchuck? :wink:

I'd like to see Tim Duncan whoop everyone's ass b/c he's so exciting to watch! His expression on the court makes every game fun to watch!

T-Mac has established himself as another player with so much athleticism, but absolutely no knowledge of how to win.

Carlos Boozer is big.

I'm Philk and I'm out.

by chuck do you mean charles barkley? what does he have to do with anything?

Yeah, Charles has been saying all along that the Mavericks are gonna whip Golden State's ass...

He even wore his Mavericks jersey last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom