NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Robinson tackled that guy, I thought that was somewhat funny.

Anthony is definitely a pussy, I can't believe what he did. He should be suspended for a good month.

the more that comes out on this the worse it gets... apparently isiah told carmello before the fight happened that he shouldn't go anywhere near the paint... and nate robinson's post game comments tend to show that he knew a hard foul was coming. and of course if you've ever seen isiah play, you know something like that isn't out of character for him...

if isiah was fired in the next second, it wouldn't be fast enough.

yes, george karl deserves some blame, too. when you have the game in hand with 2 minutes to go, pull your starters. only bad things can happen from having your starters on the court in the final minuts of a blow out... be it an injury, or what happened here. no good can come from it, so why do it. pull 'em. that said, no matter what they're doing out there, you don't go after someone's head like mardy collins did.

and i still have gained respect for jared jeffries... he was trying to break it all up until carmello's cheap shot.

here's the live video from the broadcast, not the espn highlights...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDH198ZFHMU

listen to how loud anthony's punch is. anything shy of a 10 game suspension is a joke.

The deserved suspensions if Stern, Thorn and Co. had any nuts and were serious after the Ron Artest thing about cracking down would be:
Anthony 20 games
Collins 15 games
Robisnon 10 games
All other players involved 5 games each

Isiah Thomas: Lifetime NBA ban.

15 games for Melo....just like I said earlier.

My question, it seems like Robinson was one of the biggest instigators of this fight. Even though ever time he talked big, he hid behind his teammates...why does he only get 10?

I think Melo should get 5 more games off for his aweful "open hand punch". And if not that, how about running from 110 pound Jared Jeffries. ha! What a panzy.

Forget an Isiah ban, if Dolan had any sense or integrity (he lacks both, he just spent an entire interview session blaming Larry Brown for the current state of the Knicks) they'd fire Isiah now. Today. What a thug.

Far be it from me to defend Zeke Thomas, but hell, he probably ordered the hard foul, NOT a fistfight. Denver's starters should not have been in the game, it was well out of reach. Zeke was right there.

No more fast break dunks needed, Denver was up big. I'm not condoning what Collins did, or especially that punk Nate Robinson. Or Anthony for that matter. But the Knicks at home, down big, I can see why Collins made the hard foul. What happened after that was not on the coaches.

george karl claims he wasn't running the score up... bullshit. of course he was... and his reason for doing so is hidden just below the surface.

let's put it this way... those carolina boys stick together.

Isiah Thomas was incensed when Denver coach George Karl -- a close friend of Larry Brown's -- made some unflattering remarks about the Knicks last June. They had what Karl termed "a heated discussion" about the comments in July at the Vegas Summer League, but the two said the matter was closed. "I'm fine," Thomas said.

and i have no problem with mardy collins delivering a hard foul to a player on a team that was obviously running the score up and trying their hardest to embarass an franchise that's already in shambles... but there are two things you just do not do as a player... you don't go after his legs, and you don't go after their head. mardy went after a guy's head... he broke the cardinal rule (a rule which isiah of course had broken himself as a player on numerous occasions... and let's not forget where mardy collins went to college..)

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
carmello anthony is a fucking pussy.

Truest statement of the 06-07 season.

I've never seen such a bitch move.

"He doesn't seem to have much of a conscience. I really don't think he does. Some of the shots he took tonight, you miss those, and they're just terrible shots. Awful.

"You make them and they're unbelievable shots. I don't get a chance to play him much, so I haven't gotten used to that mentality of just chucking it up there."

this was actually said by kobe bryant after gilbert arenas scored 60 on the lakers. kobe bryant... the crown prince of "just chucking it up there," was making comment on how someone else took terrible shots.

what a world, what a world

this was actually said by kobe bryant after gilbert arenas scored 60 on the lakers. kobe bryant... the crown prince of "just chucking it up there," was making comment on how someone else took terrible shots.

the mamba takes no prisoners.

Hmmmm...something isn't right here...can someone say 81 points?

:scratch:

So the Sixers traded Iverson. Not a bad move by Billy King's standards. The two first round picks will help as long as King isn't around to make them, and expiring contracts are fun. Now all we need to do is get rid of the Dalembert/Webber/Korver trio of baggage as well as our coaching staff and front office, and we should be all set to rebuild! :| :| :|

That was a pretty decent haul for the Sixers considering the circumstances. Andre Miller should be good for Iguodala's game.

I would have tried very hard for Shaun Livingston, but the Sixers probably did.

MrPryck2U said:
The fun starts when Anthony returns for Denver.

He'll be the best player Iverson's ever played with.

It can be a great trade for both teams or a shit trade for both teams, who knows.

Giving to more picks to one of the worst GMs in the league is pretty good, are they protected though?

andre miller is a solid player and at 9 mil per his contract is managable if they were ever looking to trade him.

joe smith's 9 million deal expires at season's end.

the two picks they got are denver's and dallas'. considering this year's draft is expected to be deep, having extra picks is a good thing, and you can never rule out the possability, if the sixers end up with, say, the #2 pick, of them packaging their 3 picks (their own and the two they got in this trade) for the #1 and taking greg oden... if whatever team selects first is dumb enough to do it. if not, they sit on durant and grab two other quality players later in the draft.

good trade for the sixers... as good as they could have gotten with virtually no leverage. as for the nuggets? well... it'll be interesting. AI has stunted the development of many the player over his career... with 'melo out for 15 games it gives iverson a month to establish himself as the ball hog he is... will he then just start giving it up when carmelo returns? or will the two clash?

worth the risk for denver... they can always turn around and trade iverson in the off-season if it doesn't work out.

Airline pulls Carmelo magazine cover

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Northwest Airlines Corp. has pulled the December issue of its in-flight magazine in the wake of an NBA brawl involving the magazine's cover subject, Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony was suspended for 15 games earlier this week for his part in Saturday's brawl between the Nuggets and the New York Knicks.

"Northwest does not want to appear to condone in any way the behavior of some of the players during Saturday's game, including Mr. Anthony, by continuing to offer the current edition of WorldTraveler," the airline said in a statement.

The January issue of the free magazine was being rolled out early as a replacement, the airline said.

Northwest spokesman Dean Breest declined to comment beyond the statement.

the two picks they got are denver's and dallas'. considering this year's draft is expected to be deep, having extra picks is a good thing, and you can never rule out the possability, if the sixers end up with, say, the #2 pick, of them packaging their 3 picks (their own and the two they got in this trade) for the #1 and taking greg oden... if whatever team selects first is dumb enough to do it. if not, they sit on durant and grab two other quality players later in the draft.
The scary thing is the Sixers have a legit shot currently at the #1 pick, so they could conceivably get Oden and still have 2 late first rounders to either select or package in trade for a mid range 1 or a veteran.

Andre Miller might get a phantom injury, maybe slip visiting the Liberty bell or the Balboa statue and miss significant time to help ensure the Sixers' spot at the top of the lottery ping pong ball odds.
This team could conceivably lose 60 games this year and win 50 next year if things fall into place and they don't screw things up.

the sixers do have a 96-97 spurs feel to them now, don't they

gee, it sure would be nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel :mad:

it's why being a knick fan right now is more miserable than being a fan of the sixers or any other bad team in the league today... there's a big prize at the end of this season, and at the very least, you've all got a hope that you might get him.

the knicks? we just have to hope that he doesn't end up in chicago :sad:

Last edited:
the sixers do have a 96-97 spurs feel to them now, don't they

gee

First you dis Heinson and then you go bring up the 97 lottery. Care to kick my dog while you're at it? Not cool at all. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

:wink:

Fair point. Although it appears that the Celtics seem destined to be mediocre for the forseeable future, which is pretty much NBA hell. Still not as bad as the Knicks situation though. Sorry, I don't mean to cause you any added pain.

the only way out of NBA hell is to get really bad, hope you get lucky, let your contracts expire and don't make any rash decisions once you gain cap space, like, say, give 16 mill per to a guy who averages 5 and 10.

but it's been shown time and time again that there are more isiah like GM's out there who just can't sit on cap space and need to spend it once it's available... just look at cleveland. larry hughes and drew "don't call me dwight" gooden? really? that's who you want to surround lebron?

pro sports owners... like kids in a candy store.

if only there were more san antonio's out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom