NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #361
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:19 AM
the dunk by howard to win it was mighty impressive.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #362
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:19 AM
I think the tony parker block was almost equally as amazing.

Old 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #363
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

If Chicago keeps getting better and becomes a consistently good team(which I think they will), that would be huge for the East.

But you appear to be rather critical of the Bulls.
it has nothing to do with my dislike for what the bulls are doing, but the three most important franchises to the all around ratings success of the NBA are the lakers, the celtics and the knicks. two out of three suck, and one is above average. the nba needs the celtics or knicks to be good, not neccesarily the best, just good, to really bring the east back in a ratings sense.

as far as simply talent wise, yes... chicago is right there, but the same arguments i always use with them still exist... they have zero offensive production from the post and they do not have a go to guy who can put the team on his back and carry them come playoff time. you need that guy. every good team has that guy. could gordon or deng develop into that guy? sure, i suppose they could. but it's getting to the point with them where development is out the window and it's time to simply produce.

pao would help them alot. it would actually make ben wallace much more effective if you could put a 20 point scorer in the post next to him (even though it's still an awful awful contract and a huge waste of money... tyson chandler's having a bigger season for less than half the price and 8 years younger).

the bulls have a lot of chips... now they need to start using them. the east sucks. trade for a legit #1 scorer now and they could very easily be in the Finals in may/june. now hell, the east is so bad it would certainly not shock me if the bulls got to the finals with the team as is... but they'd get blown out of the building once they got there. add that #1 guy and they might actually have a chance to win it.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #364
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki chose not to respond Friday to Dwyane Wade's criticism of his leadership skills.

But Mavericks owner Mark Cuban fired back at the Miami Heat guard on his blog on Friday.

Wade was quoted Friday: "Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Cuban took issue with that, questioning Wade's own leadership abilities.

"I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills," Cuban replied. "You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non-existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills ... well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own."

Mavericks coach Avery Johnson took a different tack, saying Nowitzki is in fact a leader and that he has a history of hitting clutch shots.

"It's a guy's opinion, man," Johnson said. "He's won. He's the champion. Everyone's trying to dethrone them. ... When you win, I guess you can say whatever you want to say."
Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #365
Blue Crack Distributor

i really don't like diane wade
Old 02-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #366
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Cubes' blog entry:

Quote:
Dwayne Wade a Leader ?

I hope Dwayne Wade was misquoted in an article today in the Miami Herald. I know the Herald has issues with accuracy and they are still probably looking for the boat I dont own in Miami, but according to the Herald, and i have a hard time thinking even the Herald could get this quote wrong, Wade said the following:

DIG AT DIRK

After the Heat practiced Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena, Wade was asked if he believes players are ultimately remembered for what they do at the end of games.

Wade, who usually is selective and subtle with his criticisms of opposing players, took the opportunity to take a jab at Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, who has failed to give the Heat credit for beating the Mavericks in the Finals last season.

''At the end of the day,'' Wade said, ``you're remembered for what you did at the end. . . . I think that's the reason -- Dirk says they gave us the championship last year, but he's the reason they lost the championship, because he wasn't the leader that he's supposed to be in the closing moments. That's because of great defense by us, but also he wasn't assertive enough as a leader's supposed to be.''

Say what ? Is this the DWade of some of the lamest , boring commercials known to man ? Commercials that are singlehandedly responsible for selling more commercial skipping Tivos than anything else on TV ?

Dwayne I don't blame you for not looking at tapes of the finals. You obviously didn't. You would have seen your unbelievable skills and some other unbelievable elements that if I could discuss honestly here I would get fined for.

You are right, endings are remembered. And the ending of 3 of the games of the Finals will be remembered alongside Game 6 of the King vs Lakers Conf Finals a few years ago.

I guess you have earned the right to criticize Dirk with an obvious display of your own leadership skills.

I know Shaq appreciates your leadership as well. He called out your team a few weeks ago saying it was "embarassing'. Great leadership DWade. Your coach sat players for being fat. I guess you couldnt lead them away from the buffet.

You are an amazing player Dwayne. I love watching you shoot free throws. What you know about Dirk's leadership skills is non existent. You don't have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills....well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette ?

Now we know why Charles won't put you in his 5.

And Im pissed for one more reason. Im going to have to miss our next game against the Heat on Feb 22. A previous engagement. I guess its just a missed opportunity to bring a local business class to the game and try to let them interview you about your leadership skills.

I hate Dwyane Wade. Sour grapes from the Finals? You bet. I think he's a good player with a phoney championship. He had no business to even bring Dirk or the Mavericks up, especially considering they're not even playing for another two weeks. Uncalled for.

Fuck that guy.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #367
Blue Crack Distributor

while i don't like diane wade either, his championship is not phoney.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #368
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:19 AM
Cuban is the bigger asshole here, but he usually is. He ought to be above making the smarmy comments he cannot resist uttering and then posting. That aside, though, no need for Wade to say any of that, seems fairly classless.

Calling his championship phony seems like sour grapes to me.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #369
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Sour grapes from the Finals? You bet.
I know. I already admitted it.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #370
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I know. I already admitted it.
Sorry...I thought you meant that Wade had sour grapes from the Finals, even though they won.

My bad.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:34 PM   #371
Blue Crack Distributor

hey, the celtics lost.

30 here we come
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM   #372
Blue Crack Addict

They were actually leading that game for a bit, too.

Bring on the west coast.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #373
Blue Crack Supplier

Can you imagine if neither Oden or Durant jump??? You guys would feel like Jet fans the day Peyton Manning announced he was returning to Tennessee for his Senior season.

Of course, Durant seems like a lock to jump, Oden, slight chance he'll stay but unlikely. I've read 2 articles now where he's talked about loving the overall college experience, and I did not get the impression that it was him just being coy. I'm sure he'll still jump, though.

As for the NBA needing an East Coast traditional team to become really good again, could not agree more. Things seem to perk up if a Boston or a NY are actual contenders in most sports.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 PM   #374
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
They were actually leading that game for a bit, too.

Bring on the west coast.
if they get past milwaukee i really think they'll get to 30 straight losses.

i'm pullin' for 'em
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #375
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

it has nothing to do with my dislike for what the bulls are doing, but the three most important franchises to the all around ratings success of the NBA are the lakers, the celtics and the knicks. two out of three suck, and one is above average. the nba needs the celtics or knicks to be good, not neccesarily the best, just good, to really bring the east back in a ratings sense.

as far as simply talent wise, yes... chicago is right there, but the same arguments i always use with them still exist... they have zero offensive production from the post and they do not have a go to guy who can put the team on his back and carry them come playoff time. you need that guy. every good team has that guy. could gordon or deng develop into that guy? sure, i suppose they could. but it's getting to the point with them where development is out the window and it's time to simply produce.

pao would help them alot. it would actually make ben wallace much more effective if you could put a 20 point scorer in the post next to him (even though it's still an awful awful contract and a huge waste of money... tyson chandler's having a bigger season for less than half the price and 8 years younger).

the bulls have a lot of chips... now they need to start using them. the east sucks. trade for a legit #1 scorer now and they could very easily be in the Finals in may/june. now hell, the east is so bad it would certainly not shock me if the bulls got to the finals with the team as is... but they'd get blown out of the building once they got there. add that #1 guy and they might actually have a chance to win it.
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. I think if you look at this team, they are using "the chips." Heinrich is a great leader. You have said this before so I know you agree. He is not the Mr. Bigshot on the team. I think that falls in the hands of Ben Gordon. And I do think he's growing now into that role more and more this season.

But, the guy I see who's making big plays for this team even without scoring at the end of games is Deng. He is the one grabbing rebounds at the end of the game to seal victory, or get a second shot at a win. Not to mention...He's averaging 18+ ppg, and look at his rebounds in the last 15 games.

I will not sit here and say Big Ben's signing was a great one. But you also have to factor in something. Tyson Chandler was a punk. He had an attitude. You cannot argue that. It's why he's gone, and it's why we didn't keep JR Smith, who we traded for. I will also argue that we should have tried to trade Tyson for more NY Knicks pics.

Also, in fairness. Chandler is making 9,000,000 right now and at the end of his contract, he'll be making 12 mil.

Oh, and...I wanted to mention that the Hawks have a leader and they're no good. So it's not always about having one solid leader...just my thought.