NBA Basketball 2006-07: The Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pao gasol really helped bring memphis to the forefront of the NBA...

and you're quite wrong. the bulls remind me nothing of the pistons, with the exception of ben wallace. i'm not excited about them because i see nothing to get excited about.

i did... at one point. i saw a bunch of young guys and a ton of cap space. now i see a bunch of young guys who are getting older and have yet to set the world on fire, and no cap flexability for the next 5 years, and a mediocre record in a god awful conference.

sorry... that doesn't get me exctied, much in the same way a 7'2" center who averages less than 10 rebounds a game doesn't get me excited, despite his new found ability to actually score in the post (see eddy curry).

I'm counting the days until Trevor Ariza gets back to play for the Magic.

He, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, and even Amare Stoudemire are all frontrunners for the Mos Improved Player Award.

I agree, but he could be one of the only players to come back from a microfracture surgery and play close to the same level as before.

If there were a Comeback Player Award, he deserves it 100%

Other than him though, I still think Kevin Martin should win it.

I remember hearing about that, didn't he re-injure the same knee on a dunk or something?

same knee different injury... broke the knee cap the second time around. the entire knee was weakened by the initial injury, he came back too soon, and just like that he's gone.

he was averaging 17 and 13 for the pre-season before the injury, and had just tooled up tim duncan the game before... all be it in the pre-season, but he did look great.

penny hardaway had the same surgery... as did chris webber. they were all shells of there former self afterwords. it is amazing what amare is doing thus far, but he's still not out of the woods yet, which is exactly why phoenix is limiting his minutes whenever possible.

like ya said, no one's ever come back from that surgery with anywhere close to the same level of explosiveness. the only one who did ended up reinjuring the knee. so amare will always have question marks surrounding that knee, which really is a shame.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
sorry... that doesn't get me exctied, much in the same way a 7'2" center who averages less than 10 rebounds a game doesn't get me excited, despite his new found ability to actually score in the post (see eddy curry).

I didn't think he could get worse than he was at rebounding. But he did. 4.7 rebound a game? Horrible.

I miss Penny Hardaway.

I've got tickets for the Mavs/Rockettes game in Houston tomorrow night :dance:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
how long until the fact that lebron james has taken a significant step back this year becomes front page news?

he's averaging 5 points fewer per game, fewer assists, fewer rebounds, same turnovers, etc. etc. and his team, in a god awful conference, is not exceling as it was thought they would. he's getting to the free throw line less and shooting a lower percentage when he gets there.

too much too quick?

Gilbert Arenas says that LeBron doesn't want the final shot at the end of the game.

hibachi.jpg

I was flipping back and forth between the Celtics game and the Ohio State game earlier. When the Celtics went on their little run to take the lead, I was yelling at the TV.

Then again, it would be nice for them to win a game just so they don't end up losing something like 30 in a row, which probably would happen. That's just really embarrassing.

I've decided tonight that this Chicago Bulls team will never win a NBA Championship.

Here is my problem. I'll probably re-state some things I've said before, but here goes. One. Kirk Heinrich is good. But he's no number one guy. Great leader. But not a superstar.
Ben Gordon is a great supplementary player. He is a scorer. No doubt about it. We blew it though not drafting Roy. This would allow us to have a great, taller shooting guard, and allow our offense to be AMAZING off the bench.

Deng is going to be an all star some day. Mark my words. Thing is I see him more as a great complimentary player to a superstar. Like put him together with Kobe, that would be perfect. Kind of like Scottie Pippen to MJ(no, kobe is not MJ). Deng is a good scorer and gets better and better, and he can pass and rebound well.

The rest of the team is a great fit for this team. Ben Wallace was a good sign. He fits the team well. Same work ethic etc. But he's not the type of superstar we need. PJ Brown is old. Tyrus Thomas will have to make BOUNDING LEAPS to be servicable next year. See what I'm saying? We just don't have the final piece. We haven't had it before, and we don't now.

Problem is this...I don't think Pau Gasol is that piece either. KG is the piece...but we can't get him. So we're stuck. We are going to have to make the right move, and it probably is going to have to include one of our big names(Gordon or Heinrich) and one of our good names(Nocioni, Duhon), and fill in the rest how we can. We have to make this move in order to in a sense, "rebuild" with pieces in place. I do think we can get there, but with this team, no.

Unless we can get something outstanding in the draft. Someone who can play right away anyway(cough19yearoldlsuplayercough). however, I do think our managment can get us there. It will just be a few more years.
I'm done. Long post. Sorry.

I don't know if anyone heard, but former Miami Heat player, Tim Hardaway, has declared that he hates gay people. At the time Hardaway shared this tidbit of homophobia, he was working for the NBA in a public relations capacity. Guess what? The NBA fired his ass faster than you can say scumbag. Apparently Mr Hardaway is no fan of any player coming out and admitting they're gay.

PS...his comments were made at the end of an interview focusing on his being a part of the "WE CARE" promotion of MasterCard...

you've got to hear it, he actually declares that he HATES GAYS...and admits that he is a HOMOPHOBE! :down:

Former Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway said on a radio show Wednesday afternoon that he would not want a gay player on his team.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway was a guest of Miami Herald columnist Dan Le Betard on the Miami radio show Sports Talk 790 and was asked how he would deal with a gay teammate. When asked if he would accept an active player's coming out, such as that of retired NBA center John Amaechi, Hardaway replied: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team.

"And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that," he said.

John Amaechi will stop by "Mike & Mike In The Morning" at 7:20 a.m. ET on Thursday and respond to Tim Hardaway's comments.
Hardaway later apologized for the remarks during a telephone interview with Fox affiliate WSVN in Miami.

"Yes, I regret it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said I hate gay people or anything like that," he said. "That was my mistake."

Hardaway, who was in Las Vegas on Tuesday at a pre-All Star Game NBA Cares outreach event, was both a coach and player for the ABA's Florida Pit Bulls in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom