NBA 2016-17: The Season After the Warriors Blew a 3-1 Lead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, at the Garden...

20-dumpster-fire.w710.h473.2x.gif

Come on, Celtics. You know you want Melo. Brad Stevens will make him a team player and good defender, I swear.

celtics could actually pull it off without giving up any major pieces... would be my first choice, esp. if we can get a first rounder out of the deal from one of boston's kagillion draft picks. not sure melo would waive the no trade clause to go to boston, though.

clippers could do it without giving up blake, by parting with two of austin rivers, jj redick or jamal crawford.

crawford and rivers make the most sense for LA, redick and crawford make the most sense for the knicks, who i imagine would then try and pawn crawford off on another contender looking for scoring punch.

i hope something happens, but alas... i'm resigned to nothing happening.

i don't see anyone else being an option. cavs could conceivably do it sending only shumpert, frye and some garbage at the end of the bench, but unless there's a third team they could spin shump off to for some expiring contracts and/or picks, i don't see why the knicks would make that one...

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind getting the Clippers' 2021/22 picks or whatever it is. It's not a bad timeline given where that team currently is - they may be pretty bad by then. The problem is that Crawford is a really bad contract right now, but if the Knicks are rebuilding (as they should) this is the kind of contract they should absorb.

Part of me wonders if the 76ers are willing to deal some of their assets. I doubt it, but who knows.

Okafor and a pick (we can discuss which one) and I'm sold. You may remember I wasn't one of his fans. But I also think that dealing Melo for a bag of beans is a win for Knicks (though if I had to guess, they will get slightly more than a bag of beans).

Sports outside of daytime NFL have been really difficult to keep up with here in england.

Can someone update me on my team? Cellar dwellers as I imagined but strangely have strung together 5 wins against decent competition. It's hard to read that on paper and understand it.

Sports outside of daytime NFL have been really difficult to keep up with here in england.

Can someone update me on my team? Cellar dwellers as I imagined but strangely have strung together 5 wins against decent competition. It's hard to read that on paper and understand it.

Haven't really been paying attention to your Heat, but they have now strung together 8 in a row, 2 recently against Brooklyn and have comfortably separated themselves from the Nets in the race for no. 1, for which I thank them.

Suns and Lakers need to get hot now.

I mean, LeBron hardly deflected it. The simple use of the term "my legacy" was evidence enough that Charles was right.

“Clearly he did some homework on some screwups I’ve had in my life. I appreciate him — clearly he ‘Googled’ me and found out some things. But I’m not going to get upset that somebody said something bad about me. I’m not 12 years old. My initial criticism of him was fair, and I’m good with that.”

Asked why he thinks James responded in that way.

“When I think that you don’t like the message, you kill the messenger. Some of the things he said about me are correct, that still does not make my message incorrect. I thought he was really whiny and complaining the last couple weeks. It’s the middle of the season and he just bashed his teammates — I think that wasn’t right.

“I appreciate Tristan Thompson actually having the stones to say something. But he’s the only one. And anybody in that circle — they’re just so intimidated. But I’m not intimidated at all.”

Then, Barkley decided to justify his on-air behavior:

“My basketball opinion is strictly about basketball. I have really strict rules: I never talk about a guy’s personal life, and I never say a guy should be fired. All my stuff is going to strictly be about basketball.”

“I’ve only met LeBron casually. He’s always been great to me and I’ve been cordial to me. But the notion that we have to be friends … we’re never going to be friends. That’s not a negative thing. I’m not friends with any of these young guys. My job is to do my job. But I understand that this is a different generation where anytime you say something about young guys they take it personally. They don’t worry about whether the criticism is fair at all — they take it personally.”

“I’ve said the guy is one of the ten greatest players ever. I’ve said the guy is the best player in the world. I’ve said he’s a wonderful guy. I’m not sure how that constitutes hating when he’s coming out and bashing his teammates every day. I thought it was inappropriate for him to say everyday how bad his team is, and I think it’s a fair criticism.”

Game, set, match Barkley.

I've always liked Barkley.
One of my best friends lives in Houston, is a doctor and became good friends with the Rockets' trainer when he moved there. That was late 90's when Barkley was on the Rockets and as a result my buddy has played golf with Barkley and had him over to the house, he's apparently quite engaging in person as one might expect.

I know Whiteside is for real, but is Waiters for real for real?
"I’d rather go 0 for 30 than 0 for 9 because you go 0 for 9 that means you stopped shooting.That means you lost confidence."

That's what Waiters said a few days ago.

He's an all or nothing kinda guy. When he's on you'll love him when he's off you'll want to kill him. He's JR Smith with a brighter internal green light.

"I’d rather go 0 for 30 than 0 for 9 because you go 0 for 9 that means you stopped shooting.That means you lost confidence."

That's what Waiters said a few days ago.

He's an all or nothing kinda guy. When he's on you'll love him when he's off you'll want to kill him. He's JR Smith with a brighter internal green light.

Yeah I read that and I was like - what? I'd rather you go 0-9. It means you didn't shoot 21 other unnecessary shots.

I think he looks different what with this being "anyone's team" right now. I'm questioning whether or not he's maturing into a very valuable starter, or if he's bound to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom