NBA 2014-2015 Thread: Draft, Free Agency, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. I think every pick might still get traded.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Also, the Sixers got a 2017 first and 2015 second in the deal for Saric. Not a bad haul for a guy who was redundant on their roster.

Imagine Bill Simmons doing commentary firing the 2009 NFL draft when Sanchez got picked. I didn't think it was possible for that moment to be any worse.

I'm going to dress up as Adam Silver for Halloween

But they drafted two guys so aren't going to play this year. Is their plan simply to suck again?

It looks like Sixers and Celtics are both gearing up for Tankapalooza 2.

How many draft picks will the Celts get for Rondo? Don't think anyone's as dumb as the Nets were with Pierce/Garnett trade, so hopefully can squeeze a 1st and something else out of someone.

But they drafted two guys so aren't going to play this year. Is their plan simply to suck again?
Did you think they were suddenly going to be good in 2015? They probably weren't going to make the playoffs anyway, even if they had gotten, say, Exum and McDermott. Plus, they lose their first round pick if they make the playoffs this year.

Did you think they were suddenly going to be good in 2015? They probably weren't going to make the playoffs anyway, even if they had gotten, say, Exum and McDermott. Plus, they lose their first round pick if they make the playoffs this year.

No... but they're going to go a full season without knowing anything about whether or not the two guys they drafted in the first round are going to be part of the solution or not.

After doing the same thing last season with Nerrrrrrrlins

It certainly wasn't deliberate. I don't think they entered and said "Let's get a couple more guys who can't play so that we can't win next year." I think it's just the way the draft fell with their draft board. They're not in a position to turn down who they think the most talented players are just because they might not make an impact in 2015.

Its funny cause for 2 days leading up to the draft talk radio here was all about the possibility of the Celts drafting the exact 2 players the Sixers got and would the fan base be patient enough to wait for them to have an impact.

It was a definite gamble...Embiid could be great after next year, but next year is pretty much already washed out. And then again he could be a bust and you could be staring at alll star caliber careers from Exum/Gordon/Smart/Randle or some combination thereof and knowing you could have had one of them. I think 3 was probably a bit too high a pick to use on Embiid. I think he becomes worth the gamble somewhere around 6 or 7 and onward...I would have had no issue with the Celts taking him at 6, but had the Celts had pick # 3 or possibly even 4 I would have not wanted to take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom