National Hockey League 2011-2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to see if the new-tougher-Hawks will progress forward. As long as Kane is not chubby chasing in the off season he might actually hit 40 goals.

So tragic. :( I kept hearing these rumours on Twitter yesterday afternoon, since I follow a lot of hockey people, and I just couldn't believe it. Such a waste - he was a great player.

Accidental overdose of prescription painkillers is the latest I've read.

It's been a very sad summer for former NHLers.

The whole stituation is weird, the fact that all three were enforcers definatley throws up some flags. Boogey and Rypien both had very obvious signs of depression while Belak obviously kept it very much under wraps - he seemed pretty comfortable with himself though which is why I find his death the most shocking.

It makes sense in retrospect, but yeah, Belak always seemed like the happiest character.

Although lets not call Boogard's death suicide. It's been ruled accidental overdose/lethal mix of substances.

Canadiens1131 said:
Accidental overdose of prescription painkillers is the latest I've read.

It's been a very sad summer for former NHLers.

I'm sure you know by now, but they're saying he hung himself :slant:

Sidney Crosby is having a press conference today at 12:30 to "announce his status". Some people think he's going to announce his retirement, or at least that he's going to be sitting out this entire season, although I don't think either of those are going to happen.

I don't like the guy much (you either adore him or hate him if you're from Halifax, and most people I know who've actually met him don't like him, myself included) but I certainly don't wish head injuries on anyone. Hockey is definitely more exciting when he's playing so I hope he can come back, although not at the risk of permanent injury.

Plane carrying KHL team crashes, killing 36

:ohmy:

Former NHLers Pavol Demitra and Ruslan Salei are on that team but I guess nobody knows for sure yet if they were on the plane. I'll never forget when Salei scored "that goal" for Belarus against Tommy Salo in the 2002 Olympics.

lg_salo_ap-01.jpg

So sad. Four former Panthers, not that that's really relevant at all. Very notable players between Demitra, Skrastins, and Salei.

RIP, this is truly a tragedy and the summer for the hockey world just got 100x worse than we could've imagined.

Conflicting reports of Ruslan Salei's being on board or not. Some reports say flight manifest says no... something to cling onto would be nice.

The one confirmed survivor in critical condition is the flight engineer...

Also conflicting reports of one of the youngsters in critical condition.

Sadly, Ruslan Salei was confirmed aboard the airline despite the manifest saying otherwise.

However, at the very least, flight engineer Alexander Sizov is reported to have survived the crash (and still alive) with 30% of his body covered in burns, a cracked skull, shattered hip, and several other injuries. It is presumed that this is him in the video footage of a man being rushed into the hospital.

(WARNING: Potentially graphic footage) Под Ярославлем разбился самолёт с командой Локомотив - YouTube

Also, 26 year old Alexander Galimov is reported to have survived the crash, however to be in an incredibly severe condition where it doesn't look like there is much hope for him. Reports say burns to 80-90% of his body, in a coma, as well as several severe internal injuries. God have mercy.

Several details surrounding the flight and aircraft are chilling, however I guess now is a time for mourning and not anger.

Wow, that is beyond awful! :sad:

Sidney Crosby is having a press conference today at 12:30 to "announce his status". Some people think he's going to announce his retirement, or at least that he's going to be sitting out this entire season, although I don't think either of those are going to happen.

Still more of the same, looks promising for the remainder of his career that once he is right and ready to go again, he'll be fine, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom