Name a BAD movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saracene said:

Clockwork Orange - I loved the book but Kubrick's film is a terribly dated travesty IMO.

Birthday June 14, 1980
happy flag day, btw

the film was made in 1971
and worked in its day.

Last edited:
Thin Red Line - Saw this in the theater. About halfway through the movie, there is a scene with a fadeout. People in the theater started getting up, thinking it was over. The movie then came back on. There was actually an audible groan throughout the audience. True story.

Keebler884 said:
Thin Red Line - Saw this in the theater. About halfway through the movie, there is a scene with a fadeout. People in the theater started getting up, thinking it was over. The movie then came back on. There was actually an audible groan throughout the audience. True story.

:lmao:

I laughed so hard at your description the baby fell off my boob.

as long as we're getting things off our chests...

i hated 'the crow'

the first one, with brandon lee

hated it

I tried hard to like the Crow but somehow couldn't. Didn't hate it, but didn't like it either.

Anyone see the film "Velvet Goldmine", screenplay written by David Bowie? Utter tosh. Stick to the day job David.

financeguy said:
Anyone see the film "Velvet Goldmine", screenplay written by David Bowie? Utter tosh. Stick to the day job David.

oh yeah, THAT was total crap. i love ewen macgregor, and he even showed his wang, and still, the movie was AWFUL. :yuck:

i went to to crow expecting goth-tastic goodness, and it turned into a damn shootout. wtf??!?!? i was really disappointed. :tsk:

U2democrat said:
*gets ready for the flames*

napoleon dynamite...:yuck:

YES.

i'd like to add this one movie where this guy went into this guy's ear. i think martin short was in it (which would explain why it sucked so much). but i don't remember the name of it.

i fell asleep watching million dollar hotel. that was pretty lame.

southie
dr. zhivago
lawrence of arabia
war & peace (the american one with whichever fonda that was as pierre - stupidest casting decision ever)
series of unfortunate events
harry potter 3
the age of innocence

pulp fiction is extremely overrated, but i didn't hate it that much.

i agree with all those who listed van helsing.

that movie with the cheerleaders who have a competition and they find out all their cheers were stolen. watching that made me want to kill people. same with save the last dance, love and basketball, and 10 things i hate about you. i'm not sure if i've actually seen any of those movies in their entirety, but my sister has at some point spent weeks watching each of them repeatedly, and i've been unfortunate enough to be home while this was happening.

i thought the english fever pitch was lousy. i'm avoiding the american one like the plague.

financeguy said:

Ha ha, I was just thinking of that one. I caught it on cable the other night, I'd always wanted to see it...I'm so glad I didn't pay a rental fee.

Jonathan Ryhs-Myers could sure work those platform boots though. The only part I liked was his "music video."

Ewan McGregor looked like Kurt Cobain.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

what a waste of my time.

and life. :angry:

any matrix movie.

and then that one movie with tom cruise where he's framed for murder for something that happened in the future. stupidest movie ever. i was so mad that i paid to see it.

Mission Impossible II - I loved the first film and thought that John Woo could do something awesome with the sequel... boy was I disappointed. And I firmly believe now that Tom Cruise should stick to short hair when playing action heroes - those flowing locks make his attempts to look all masculine and tough laughable.

Signs - ok, I'm usually very laidback about movie improbabilities and logical flaws, but there's only so much stupidity in one movie that I can put up with. Especially when a film actually tries to portray a "realistic" scenario of alien invasion. And the last ten or so minutes are just unbelievably bad.

Yeah, M. Night Shyamalan started off great and has been sliding downhill ever since.

Back
Top Bottom