Mynt Lounge, Werribee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why had I not listened to Streetcleaner by Godflesh before today?

It's like you're speaking a foreign language when you talk about music of late, Axver, man. I have no idea what you're saying.

Axver's becoming so obscure that he's listening to albums that haven't ever been made.

Uh, Streetcleaner is the album that practically invented industrial metal. It's not obscure in the slightest.

Godflesh is the band Justin K. Broadrick was in before Jesu, too.

Who needs dump trucks when underground industrial metal can move the earth!

OK Computer: 4/5
Dark Side of the Moon: 3.5/5
Revolver: 4/5
VU & Nico: 4/5
Abbey Road: 4.5/5
Wish You Were Here: 4/5
Sgt Pepper's: 4/5
Highway 61 Revisited: 4/5
Kid A: 3.5/5
Led Zeppelin IV: 4.5/5
Kind of Blue: 4.5/5
In the Court of the Crimson King: 4/5
Ziggy Stardust: 4/5
White Album: 3/5
Unknown Pleasures: 2.5/5
A Love Supreme: 3.5/5
Paranoid: 3/5
Loveless: 3.5/5
London Calling: 3.5/5 (though now London Calling is no longer in the top 20...at all.)
Doolittle: 4.5/5

I like some of these albums.

You have no idea how many years I've been meaning to get around to it.

That joke was so lame, it killed itself mid-sentence.

I'm not 100% sure I have the whole album of Doolittle. I know I have random DI tracks. Let me consult the Almighty iPod.

Nope, I don't have Doolittle. Got a couple other Pixies albums. i wonder how that one slipped through.

Ye gods... there was a fluff item on the WIN news about two Galapagos tortoises who are having a marital spat after 115 years of being together, and both the local news reader and the American syndicated story called them turtles.

:gah: :banghead:

Ashley, ask traviud why random people from Maryland are calling me at 11 goddamn 30 at night, when I had finally just gotten to sleep. :grumpy:

My parents still check up on my friends.

Well, calling me at 11:30 (which would be 1:30 Am their time) is not the proper time for such a call. I'd be happy to discuss things with them during regular business hours.

Axver said:
I still want to unleash my Metal DI just to see the reactions ... not sure I ever will though.

I will probably like it.

Um, I think I'm in the wrong thread.

I will probably like it.

Um, I think I'm in the wrong thread.

I'd consider it an achievement if just one person listened to it in full. Cobbler's reaction will be priceless.

And this is always the right thread! Or was once. Or something.

iDub was here!

I like Radiohead, too. I'm glad I finally decided to give them a chance. I was missing out on some great musics.

Think I found the exciting new-to-me release I was looking for a couple of weeks ago when I was feeling a bit musically listless.

Medicine. Shot Forth Self Living.

Fucking heavy shoegaze. Kind of like The Telescopes stole My Bloody Valentine's gear and decided to predict A Place To Bury Strangers.

Also, I finally bought a distortion pedal yesterday. Cranking it up and playing our bass through it and the phaser is just so much of wonderful. Great, just what I needed when I really need to focus on my research and writing.

Reggo said:
iDub was here!

I like Radiohead, too. I'm glad I finally decided to give them a chance. I was missing out on some great musics.

Ya I only post on this site from the iPad app anymore (which is why I now type with capital letters since it's too much work to tell the keyboard not to auto do that for me), and I accidentally hit some button that put me in this thread, which as I was reading it seemed pretty much identical to random music, minus laz plus axver. That was actually where i thought I was posting, til I posted and saw it wasn't. Although its terribly hard to find with Carek constantly spamming every single thought/smell/taste/sight she has in the 90million other threads in this area. I blame twitter for making people think that others really want to know that stuff. Wtf. This is why I do not have Facebook.

You made the right decision, there... I sometimes wish I had the courage to un-facebook myself, but I am tangled tight. I think leaving FB is the modern equivalent of becoming a hermit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom