my yearly daylight saving time reminder thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
yep for those who forgot already, tonite's the night...and yes it's 3 weeks early this year :angry:

don't forget to set your clock ahead an hour before you go to bed.

and hopefully we won't have a 'Y2K' event :laugh:

Oh fuck. Thanks for the reminder. That totally would have fucked me over when I had to catch my train home tomorrow morning. :lol:

I noticed that my computer didn't switch until 1:30 am my time...that was 12 EST. :hmm:

I'm losing some sleep now, but overall, I'm happy with the extra hour of sunlight...it'll really help melt the mountains of snow around here.

the time on my computer just changed automatically no problem.
the time on my atomic clock changed automatically no problem.
even my cell phone time switched over, no problem.
the only thing i have to set manually that normally switches over is my vcr.
no earth shattering Y2K events here :wink:

time to go to bed now :yawn:

losing an hour of sleep :down:

Why does everyone hate it? I absolutely LOVE that it will stay light out later. Winter is like a dark cave that depresses the hell out of me.. the sooner its over the better!

LemonMelon said:
I'm setting it ahead tomorrow when I wake up. I don't want to lose my hour today. :madspit:

I like the way you think! :wink:

My computer changed, and my VCR changed. My question is this: how did they know to change when DST is three weeks early this year??? It makes me feel that nothing is real, that we are all players in some cosmic movie! :crazy:

We don't have Daylight Savings Time in Arizona, so nothing changed for me. I really quite like the way the days get longer naturally and we get the opportunity to notice that. And when it's 116 degrees in the summer, we're all about sundown and shorter days here. :up:

Sicy said:
Why does everyone hate it? I absolutely LOVE that it will stay light out later. Winter is like a dark cave that depresses the hell out of me.. the sooner its over the better!

I :heart: winter

:(

xaviMF22 said:

Amen to winter. It is the BEST season of all. I must have the opposite form of seasonal affective disorder because hot weather sucks - means that there's no snow. :mad:

I would take long days with cold temps though - that would be heavenly!

Back
Top Bottom