Music Critics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david_samson

Babyface
Hi! I just want to hear your take on criticism in your choice of music.
The reason for this is that everytime I played my choice of music @ work I surely get an earfull of comments on how my music sucks.
I know they just messin up with me.
Usually I let this things slide, but sometimes i cant'. :sigh:

i take it way more personally than i should. and if i'm drunk, i will fight you. hell, i might even fight you if i'm sober if i think your insult of my favorite band/song/album is uninformed and stupid. at the least, i'll call you names and tell you to go fuck yourself.

If people criticise my choice of music, I usually just let it go without much fuss. Inside, though, I'm laughing at them because my taste is clearly impeccable. :wink:

Here's what you do. You ask them what they listen to that's so great, and laugh when it's something terrible like Simple Plan.

AtomicBono said:
Here's what you do. You ask them what they listen to that's so great, and laugh when it's something terrible like Simple Plan.

OMG stfu sImPlE PlAn r0x0rz!1!!!!

yeah simple plan's a bad example. they won a 7uno, they can't suck.

plus it was a fans choice award, where people got to vote.

Since I'm self employed and work at home I don't have to get along with coworkers so it makes it easier. So when I play my music in my house or car and people are rude enough to say they don't like it I just tell them that they don't have to listen to it in their house or car, but since this isn't their house or car they can deal with it or they can leave.

And then I usually turn up the volume a bit. :)

I don't think I've ever gotten criticized for my taste in music, but most of the people I'm friendly enough with to allow in my house or my car are probably too polite to comment on it even if they don't like it.

At work, they usually have the radio tuned to this soft-rock station, that plays nothing but Muzak all day, so, I'm hopeless there.

Friends are usually ok with music tastes, or they just don't care.

The professional music critics (NME and the likes) however, as a friend of mine once said: Most of them just need a good shag. :laugh:

I don't care about what they say

my friends usually ask me for music advices, and if I met somebody that criticizes my music taste probably I humiliate that person mentioning some obscure band... just for fun

Back
Top Bottom