Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link:hyper:

Do you guys have the b-sides? Some of them are really great, especialy Fury (wasn't quite a b-side).

And Wembley is so near... I hope they play Microcuts so I can see it in the possible DVD. I'd love so much to see that song live:( I hope they play it on the next tour (though I doubt it...)

Microcuts live is just :drool: :drool: They didn't play it when I went to see them though, I only have live bootlegs - and yep, I have quite a few b-sides/unreleased stuff. Some I really like and some is a bit :huh:

In Your World is :love: and then there's stuff like Nishe, which is distinctly meh :shrug:

"distinctly meh" :lol: I like that.

I really don't like the album version of Microcuts, but I have heard that live it's amazing.

Maaaaaaaaaan I hope they do put out a live DVD...I'd love to rip it and put it on my iPod :drool:

When I heard they were playing Microcuts again I was like hyper! Then I though: does Matt still have the voice to sing it? Then I saw it on youtube and I thought it was very close to perfection:drool:
But I'm afraid they won't play it that much because it requires quite an effort from Matt and now thay do so many shows... You can see all the veins in his face when he sings it :p

Thay will probably play Unintended too...

Speaking of B-sides, I absolutely love The Groove, :drool: I was sure it was a cover version of some old song when I first heard it, it just seemed much blusier than the rest of their music. I even went and bought Time is Running Out single on ebay just to get it on CD.

Yesterday I was watching my Live8 DVD and naturally I was watching Muse's performance of Time is Running Out and my mom walked in and was disgusted :lol: I, naturally, was rocking out. :rockon:

This is a woman who pretty much as hard rock as she'll go is early Beatles stuff.

boy.. that 930 club presale was a bitch! :mad: All I could get were 2 GA tix and that took me well over 15 minutes to get.. Nothing came up for a long time. And I still need one more for a friend.. But I haven't been able to get one GA yet today..

U2democrat..
I will try real real hard to have a good time but I don't know if it's possible..:shifty: :hmm:

:giggle:

sorry you can't go to the show..:sad:

Last edited:
NME Muse play Wembley Stadium mega gig

Matt Bellamy and co are on form at biggest show of their lives

Muse have played the biggest gig of their lives tonight (June 16) at Wembley Stadium in north London.

The band marked their first night at the giant venue (they play again on June 17) with an epic two hour performance.

With the stage decorated with giant satellite dishes, futuristic antennas, giant white balls and thousands of dazzling lights the band's set was equal to the stadium's impressive setting.

Surprising the expectant audience, the band emerged in the middle of the crowd in a fountain of glitter before walking along an extended catwalk to the stage and kicking off the show with triumphant opener 'Knights Of Cydonia'.

Playing in front of a giant screen which mixed stage shots with pre-prepared video clips, plus frontman Matt Bellamy and bassist Chris Wolstenholme roaming the vast stage, occasionally peforming from special ramped-up areas on either side, Muse worked hard to engage the vast audience.

"How you doing Wembley?" drummer Dominic Howard asked the masses after early songs including 'City Of Delusion' and 'Map Of The Problematique' which was been recorded at the Wembley shows for release as a live single. "It looks like you're having fun, we are!"

The band then tore through a career-spanning set including 'Sunburn' which Bellamy introduced - seated at a glass-topped grand piano - as "the very first song from our very first album".

With the whole crowding bonding to loudly sing-a-long to 'Invincible', the singer then paused to acknowledge the sheer scale of the giant gig.

"How are you doing at the back?" He asked squinting into the distance. "I hope you see us! This one is for you."

Muse then launched into 'Starlight' before quickly following it with 'Man Of Mystery', the Shadows cover the band recorded especially for the CD which is been given away free with copies of NME which are on UK newsstands now.

Finishing their initial set with an expanded version of 'New Born' - complete with spotlights in the centre of the satellite dishes illuminating the whole stadium - the band then returned for a climactic first encore.

Re-taking to the stage Bellamy encourage the crowd to hold their mobile phones in the air filling the venue with tiny sparkling lights during 'Soldiers Poem' which he dedicated to "unsung heroes".

However Muse then trumped themselves bringing on two acrobats who, suspended by giant white balloons, soared above the crowd during a dreamy rendition of 'Blackout'.

With 'Plug In Baby' exploding Wembley back into life after the mid-air dancers, the band then teasingly left the stage once again but were soon back to finish things off.

"Thanks you guys have been fantastic," declared Bellamy on his return. "And thanks for making us the first artists to sell out [the new] Wembley-fucking-Stadium!"

The band then launched into closer 'Take A Bow' which they concluded with by unleashing giant flames right at the end of the song, before soaking up the applause and leaving the stage for the final time.

Ohh and the setlist:

'Knights Of Cydonia'
'Hysteria'
'Supermassive Blackhole'
'Map Of The Problematique'
'City Of Delusion'
'Butterflies & Hurricanes'
'Citizen Erased'
'Hoodoo'
'Feeling Good'
'Sunburn'
'Invincible'
'Starlight'
'Man Of Mystery'
'Time Is Running Out'
'Newborn'

'Soldiers Poem'
'Unintended'
'Blackout'
'Plug In Baby'

'Micro Cuts'
'Stockholm Syndrome'
'Take A Bow'

No Bliss! :sad:

Last edited:
Microcuts made up for Bliss :drool: Though I would've preferred if they'd left out Hoodoo and played Assassin or Muscle Museum, but I thought the setlist was good - I thought Man Of Mystery was brilliant too :up:

Picture029.jpg

This was just before they came on, there was ticker tape everywhere - it looked amazing.

Picture031.jpg

Wembley arch.

Picture032.jpg

Just as the arrived at the stage.

Picture034.jpg

Knights

Picture037.jpg

Feeling Good

I have pics of the acrobats and the huge balloons, but I don't have time to upload them now. The gig was amazing, better than anything I've been to before :up: It's safe to say they completely blew me away :heart:

Okay, I decided to make time to upload a few more, it's not like I have work to do or anything :uhoh:

Picture041.jpg

During Blackout

Picture042.jpg

More Blackout.

Picture043.jpg

Ignore the heads, my photography skills are shite - there were balloons everywhere, it looked incredible.

Picture044.jpg

Again, ignore the head, this was during Take A Bow, the last song :sad: I wish I was going back today, there were loads of touts sellings tickets so I could go buy one, but I hate being ripped off :|

Aaaaah this looks as ridiculously epic and over-the-top as I expected, :drool: I love the baloons and satellite dishes.

Wish I was there, but now I guess I'll look forward to watching the DVD on our nice big new TV screen.

wow wow...

This video of Blackout is quite something http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgUKjGUjPU

I hope there are some good quality videos soon.
You can't see the begining here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZgUKjGUjPU

This was probably out of this world, but Bliss would make it perfect. Maybe tonight we'll have the return of another classic (I'd love if they played Showbiz or Space Dementia) and they're probably going to start with Take a Bow. And play Bliss!!

I'm going to hear my friend talk about this the whole week:sad: I don't know if I want him to tell me all about it or just a little bit about it... (Of course in the end I'll want the complety story with pictures and all:wink: )

The Second Night According to Muse Live:

1. Knights of Cydonia
2. Hysteria
3. Supermassive Black Hole
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Forced In
6. Sing For Absolution
7. Butterflies & Hurricanes
8. Hoodoo
9. Apocalypse Please
10. Feeling Good
11. Sunburn
12. Invincible
13. Time Is Running Out
14. New Born
Encore 1:
15. Soldier's Poem
16. Unintended
17. Blackout
18. Bliss
Encore 2:
19. Starlight
20. Plug In Baby
21. Stockholm Syndrome
22. Take A Bow

:drool:

Apparently they did record the second night, there were a load of cameras on cranes and schizz that weren't there on the Saturday - though I think we got the better setlist Microcuts > Bliss :drool:

I found some professional pics that I thought I'd share;
MuseWembleyPhoto3.jpg

MuseWembleyPhoto5.jpg

MuseWembleyPhoto10.jpg

MuseWembleyPhoto11.jpg

MuseWembleyPhoto12.jpg

Dom looking attractive :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom