Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember getting kicked gently in the head a couple of times by a crowd surfer or two last year in GA. It wasn't too bad, most people were just pogoing like mad.

Nothing beats screaming the chorus of XYZ Muse song live.

Canadiens1160 said:
I remember getting kicked gently in the head a couple of times by a crowd surfer or two last year in GA. It wasn't too bad, most people were just pogoing like mad.

Nothing beats screaming the chorus of XYZ Muse song live.

got that right! :up: Getting bumped by crowd surfers and mad pogoers is so worth it... Not you like you are not doing the same. :D

I got Melbourne tickets for my Mum and I; we're sitting in the middle-ish row to the left of the stage. This will be the first time in forever that I'm not going to a concert by myself, so that's nice.

Then greed overtook me and I got GA for the Sydney show, as well, :angel: Sure, seating means a better view and no pushing, but nothing beats jumping around like a maniac in GA. I'm lucky that I'm tall for a woman.

GibsonGirl said:

Let us be united in our hatred for everyone who can. :sad:

Of all the newer bands touring, I can honestly say Muse are the only ones I'd do anything to see. WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE? I've tried to get my parents hooked on Muse so I can get some free airline tickets. They say it's "noise". If my 20-year-old Pink Floyd loving father could see himself now, he'd kick himself in the rear for becoming that old guy that screams "GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU DAMN KIDS!"

Say it ain't so GibsonGirl. Van der Graaf dad calling MUSE 'noise'? That's a rich one. Time for a spray from the Aerosol Grey Machine , he's become the man dressed all in grey.

But the way it sounds, Muse is growing in popularity, so I think you'll get another shot at seeing them :yes: Hopefully not too long.

hardyharhar said:

Say it ain't so GibsonGirl. Van der Graaf dad calling MUSE 'noise'? That's a rich one. Time for a spray from the Aerosol Grey Machine , he's become the man dressed all in grey.

But the way it sounds, Muse is growing in popularity, so I think you'll get another shot at seeing them :yes: Hopefully not too long.

have to agree with you on Muse growing in popularity, especially in the US now.. That was the issue before was that they were huge in europe and not so much here.. But this past tour is confirming big time popularity.. I saw it at the show I went to on 8/9. They were selling out shows here now.. Playing MSG, Patriot Center etc.

This tour is coming to end here in the US. I don't think they will be back until next tour/album. Hopefully that will be within the next year or two.

Don't miss them I am telling you! THEY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND..!:ohmy: :drool:

I really like Muse. I have one of their "Absolution" C.D. and I haven't listened to them in a while. I have to be in the right mood to listen to Muse. But some bands I can listen to all time time and burn out on them once in a while.

Last edited:
I re-bought BH&R (purely for the additional DVD that wasn't included when I first bought it) and sure enough, it was a waste of money. It only had three live songs (SMBH, Starlight and Knights), Starlight's saving grace was the excess of laser use and Knights was brilliant, it was shot at Wembley Arena, the night I was there :love: But not worth £11 :lol: Oh well, my first copy is pretty battered looking now :wink:

The other day I was watching "The World is Not Enough" and they describe Stockholm Syndrome in it...I had forgotten that part and was all excited :lol:

Also we had a club fair the other night and they were playing music, mostly mainstream stuff, but at one point they started playing Hysteria and I got SO excited but no one seemed to understand why :shrug:

These people don't know what they're missing! :angry:

U2democrat said:
The other day I was watching "The World is Not Enough" and they describe Stockholm Syndrome in it...I had forgotten that part and was all excited :lol:

Also we had a club fair the other night and they were playing music, mostly mainstream stuff, but at one point they started playing Hysteria and I got SO excited but no one seemed to understand why :shrug:

These people don't know what they're missing! :angry:

No kidding! People need to get to listening to mindblowing music that Muse produces.. :D

Hysteria is one of my favs... hence the quote under my screen name<<<<<<<
:wink:

btw.. the avatar pic is a pic I took... not too shabby eh? :D

thanks! :D

here's a bigger version:
DSCF1646.jpg

Wow, that was ... bombastic.

In a really awesomely good way.

Loud. Very loud. But awesome. I was so happy not to have been on the GA floor, once I saw the moshing. I'm too old for that shit!

Knights of Cydonia made a kick-ass opener, and they played all my favorites. I just about lost my shit during Hysteria and Time Is Running Out.

I laughed at all the little pyrotechnic smoke explosions, especially after the one that came during Matt's big ol' piano thingy. Now THAT'S what my senior piano recital in college was missing - smoke explosions! :lol:

And what a random cover song to play - "Feelin' Good"! It made me laugh.

Muse - Seattle was awesome! I'm still recovering -- couldn't fall asleep until late because I was too ramped up from the show.

I'm a newcomer to Muse -- I just learned about them during the last Desert Island contest so I'm still getting to know their music. So I don't know the song names very well yet, but I knew most of the melodies last night.

They're great musicians and showmen. Now I want a concert DVD!

corianderstem said:
Wow, that was ... bombastic.

In a really awesomely good way.

Loud. Very loud. But awesome. I was so happy not to have been on the GA floor, once I saw the moshing. I'm too old for that shit!

Knights of Cydonia made a kick-ass opener, and they played all my favorites. I just about lost my shit during Hysteria and Time Is Running Out.

I laughed at all the little pyrotechnic smoke explosions, especially after the one that came during Matt's big ol' piano thingy. Now THAT'S what my senior piano recital in college was missing - smoke explosions! :lol:

And what a random cover song to play - "Feelin' Good"! It made me laugh.

Yeah KOC is a great opener for sure. and I went apeshit when Hysteria and TIRO came on.. and I was on the floor, 2nd row, center.. :crazy: moshing was going on behind me but luckily no injuries for me.. phew!

Feeling Good is on their Orgin of Symmetry album which rocks btw.. And it was Nina Simone who did it intially. They have been playing it at just about every show this tour.. I liked it! :happy:

See Cori! told ya you'd love it.. hooked????

I know I am.. more like head over heels I can't get enough love.. :D

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

Feeling Good is on their Orgin of Symmetry album which rocks btw.. And it was Nina Simone who did it intially. They have been playing it at just about every show this tour.. I liked it! :happy:

actually Nina Simonne covered it as well....the song is actually by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
Feeling Good is on their Orgin of Symmetry album which rocks btw.. And it was Nina Simone who did it intially. They have been playing it at just about every show this tour.. I liked it!

See Cori! told ya you'd love it.. hooked????

Well I'll be damned! I didn't realize they'd put that cover on their album. I need to pick up Origin of Symmetry.

And hey- I was already hooked before I saw them live, so don't take all the credit for my Muse-excitement. :wink:

SeattleVertigo - I didn't fall asleep for a good hour or so after I got home. And my ears were ringing a wee bit. But it was worth it!

Edit: oh, I didn't realize there was a 4th CD - Showbiz. Is that one worth getting, too?

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

actually Nina Simonne covered it as well....the song is actually by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse :wink:

true that.. realized it after my post.. thanks tho!!:wink:

Cori, Origin of Symmetry is definitely worth getting. Showbiz is their first album, released 1999 I believe. I haven't heard all of it but want to get it.. Can't get on itunes tho.. I do see it on Amazon.

And I am not taking credit for your excitement but glad ur psyched about them as me..

I'm really glad I went. I don't LOVE love them like I think you do, but I do love a few of their songs an awful lot.

Seriously, I could listen to KoC, Hysteria and TIRO over and over again until my neck snapped from all the head-thrashing. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom