Murderkill River, Delaware Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul McDermott on GNW is aghast that China has banned the sale of dog during the Olympics: "No! It's the only food that fetches itself!"

Alright, I'm listening to All I Want Is You right now.

Axver, you might have some thoughts on this...

Where were U2's heads when they decided to make AIWIY the very LAST song played on the Vertigo Tour? Fuckin idiots.

Where is their sense of the moment? Of celebration? That's just an awful choice. Why they didn't go with Bad or 40 is just beyond me.

I'm tired and sore from sitting in this chair all night :crack:

I'm gonna go to bed in a minute. First I gotta make a list of things to do today.

Clean my room (focusing especially on cleaning the desk)
Sew up the jeans I ripped (my favourite pair too :( all ripped up the ankle)
Make a grocery list and go shopping (harder than it sounds)

Where were U2's heads when they decided to make AIWIY the very LAST song played on the Vertigo Tour? Fuckin idiots.

Where is their sense of the moment? Of celebration? That's just an awful choice. Why they didn't go with Bad or 40 is just beyond me.

Yeah, I always found that to be a bit of an odd choice, since it was a song done so infrequently on the tour. I expected them to do something that defined the tour, either 40 or the dreaded Vertigo x2. But it's like they were so focused on the special versions of Saints and Rockin' In The Free World that they didn't think too much about the rest of the set!

They still finished with the crowd chanting

"Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooou" That was awesome!

Those bastards need to come out with that new album soon so we can actually, ya know, talk about SOMETHING in WTAHNN and EYKNIW.

Those bastards need to come out with that new album soon so we can actually, ya know, talk about SOMETHING in WTAHNN and EYKNIW.

But don't you love wildly speculating about what the album title and cover might be when you know nothing about the themes or music that will be on the album! :happy:

God, I'm looking forward to and dreading the album release at the same time.

The rest of the world's gonna get it a day before the US, so I'm basically gonna avoid Interference in that time (although lord knows it'll leak before then), plus the freaking stores suck here and even the 24 hour ones won't put it out at midnight.

This is gonna be as bad as when the last Harry Potter book came out, except it won't take me 12 hours to listen to (or however long it took me to inhale that book)

God, I'm looking forward to and dreading the album release at the same time.

The rest of the world's gonna get it a day before the US, so I'm basically gonna avoid Interference in that time (although lord knows it'll leak before then), plus the freaking stores suck here and even the 24 hour ones won't put it out at midnight.

Downloading leaks is made of SuperWin. :up:

im actually trying to have some time away from the computer ! i have really let everything slide lately and it has caused me some issues. so i am trying to get my life back :reject:

But don't you love wildly speculating about what the album title and cover might be when you know nothing about the themes or music that will be on the album! :happy:

:lol:

Well actually, according to the latest news in WTAHNN, Bono came out in a letter to Rolling Stone and has said that it is their "most complete and radical album to date"

:hmm:

Noooo, I can't do it! I have a new album ritual. I can't compromise it. When I get a new album, I shut myself in my room, unwrap it, then lay on my bed and listen to it while flipping through the booklet. It is a sacred act.

I find hard copies of albums so useless that unless the new album has some sensational deluxe edition, I won't be buying it anyway. My new U2 album ritual is to wait for it to leak and listen to it on Interference as I post my initial impressions. :wink:

yeah, I don't even buy albums anymore.

It's to easy to download a leak. And too tempting.

If it's available, I might as well listen. It's not as if downloading it on, say, 1 November is going to make the first listen any better or worse than waiting for some nominal release date of 18 November, especially since that in this day and age, release dates are a legacy of old distribution methods that lack relevance.

Call me old fashioned, but I like having my pretty discs that I can touch. Plus I don't keep my CDs ripped to my computer anymore. Seems kind of silly to use up that hard drive space when my CD rack is a few feet away.

Leaves me more room for games, photos, nerdy programs and graphics :D

If it's available, I might as well listen. It's not as if downloading it on, say, 1 November is going to make the first listen any better or worse than waiting for some nominal release date of 18 November, especially since that in this day and age, release dates are a legacy of old distribution methods that lack relevance.

Yes, I agree.

And I actually have fond memories of listening to HTDAAB in my college dormitory on the morning that it leaked. I was a lurker on Interference back then and got the link from this very website. I absolutely loved the album on first listen...I still enjoy it but I can't honestly say that I take pleasure in every song on the album.

ABOY, in particular, does nothing for me.

Call me old fashioned, but I like having my pretty discs that I can touch. Plus I don't keep my CDs ripped to my computer anymore. Seems kind of silly to use up that hard drive space when my CD rack is a few feet away.

Leaves me more room for games, photos, nerdy programs and graphics :D

I find it a pain to grab a CD whenever I want to listen to it - especially given the size of my music collection. I'd hate to think how little room I'd have if I had all of this stuff on CD!

I've never been one for the booklets (which are often illegible) or cover art anyway. I just want the music, so digital music is ideal for me.

Yes, I agree.

And I actually have fond memories of listening to HTDAAB in my college dormitory on the morning that it leaked. I was a lurker on Interference back then and got the link from this very website. I absolutely loved the album on first listen...I still enjoy it but I can't honestly say that I take pleasure in every song on the album.

ABOY, in particular, does nothing for me.

It's embarrassing how much I liked HTDAAB when it leaked. I remember the night it leaked well. I'd just gone to bed and I heard my IM beep. Normally I'd have ignored it, but for some reason, I got up and found it was somebody informing me the album had leaked. A couple of hours and a short power cut thanks to storm activity later, and I had the whole album and was gushing profusely over it. Now it's one of my three least favourite U2 albums. I could especially do without SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom