Murderkill River, Delaware Superthread - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 PM
God, I'm looking forward to and dreading the album release at the same time.

The rest of the world's gonna get it a day before the US, so I'm basically gonna avoid Interference in that time (although lord knows it'll leak before then), plus the freaking stores suck here and even the 24 hour ones won't put it out at midnight.

This is gonna be as bad as when the last Harry Potter book came out, except it won't take me 12 hours to listen to (or however long it took me to inhale that book)

Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #557
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
God, I'm looking forward to and dreading the album release at the same time.

The rest of the world's gonna get it a day before the US, so I'm basically gonna avoid Interference in that time (although lord knows it'll leak before then), plus the freaking stores suck here and even the 24 hour ones won't put it out at midnight.
Downloading leaks is made of SuperWin.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:20 PM
im actually trying to have some time away from the computer ! i have really let everything slide lately and it has caused me some issues. so i am trying to get my life back
Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #559
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Noooo, I can't do it! I have a new album ritual. I can't compromise it. When I get a new album, I shut myself in my room, unwrap it, then lay on my bed and listen to it while flipping through the booklet. It is a sacred act.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
But don't you love wildly speculating about what the album title and cover might be when you know nothing about the themes or music that will be on the album!

Well actually, according to the latest news in WTAHNN, Bono came out in a letter to Rolling Stone and has said that it is their "most complete and radical album to date"

Old 08-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #561
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Noooo, I can't do it! I have a new album ritual. I can't compromise it. When I get a new album, I shut myself in my room, unwrap it, then lay on my bed and listen to it while flipping through the booklet. It is a sacred act.
I find hard copies of albums so useless that unless the new album has some sensational deluxe edition, I won't be buying it anyway. My new U2 album ritual is to wait for it to leak and listen to it on Interference as I post my initial impressions.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #562
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
yeah, I don't even buy albums anymore.

It's to easy to download a leak. And too tempting.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #563
Blue Crack Addict

Be Right back, I've gotta reboot, but oh, with another 500 GB
Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #564
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
yeah, I don't even buy albums anymore.

It's to easy to download a leak. And too tempting.
If it's available, I might as well listen. It's not as if downloading it on, say, 1 November is going to make the first listen any better or worse than waiting for some nominal release date of 18 November, especially since that in this day and age, release dates are a legacy of old distribution methods that lack relevance.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 AM   #565
Blue Crack Addict

Call me old fashioned, but I like having my pretty discs that I can touch. Plus I don't keep my CDs ripped to my computer anymore. Seems kind of silly to use up that hard drive space when my CD rack is a few feet away.

Leaves me more room for games, photos, nerdy programs and graphics
Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

aaaaaaand it's nearly 7 AM

I have got to stop staying up like this

Night (morning)

*goes to bed*
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 AM   #567
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
If it's available, I might as well listen. It's not as if downloading it on, say, 1 November is going to make the first listen any better or worse than waiting for some nominal release date of 18 November, especially since that in this day and age, release dates are a legacy of old distribution methods that lack relevance.
Yes, I agree.

And I actually have fond memories of listening to HTDAAB in my college dormitory on the morning that it leaked. I was a lurker on Interference back then and got the link from this very website. I absolutely loved the album on first listen...I still enjoy it but I can't honestly say that I take pleasure in every song on the album.

ABOY, in particular, does nothing for me.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #568
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Call me old fashioned, but I like having my pretty discs that I can touch. Plus I don't keep my CDs ripped to my computer anymore. Seems kind of silly to use up that hard drive space when my CD rack is a few feet away.

Leaves me more room for games, photos, nerdy programs and graphics
I find it a pain to grab a CD whenever I want to listen to it - especially given the size of my music collection. I'd hate to think how little room I'd have if I had all of this stuff on CD!

I've never been one for the booklets (which are often illegible) or cover art anyway. I just want the music, so digital music is ideal for me.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #569
Vocal parasite

Quote:
aaaaaaand it's nearly 7 AM

I have got to stop staying up like this

Night (morning)

*goes to bed*
Gotta love the addictive blue crack. Have a good one, Chass!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #570
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Yes, I agree.

And I actually have fond memories of listening to HTDAAB in my college dormitory on the morning that it leaked. I was a lurker on Interference back then and got the link from this very website. I absolutely loved the album on first listen...I still enjoy it but I can't honestly say that I take pleasure in every song on the album.

ABOY, in particular, does nothing for me.
It's embarrassing how much I liked HTDAAB when it leaked. I remember the night it leaked well. I'd just gone to bed and I heard my IM beep. Normally I'd have ignored it, but for some reason, I got up and found it was somebody informing me the album had leaked. A couple of hours and a short power cut thanks to storm activity later, and I had the whole album and was gushing profusely over it. Now it's one of my three least favourite U2 albums. I could especially do without SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread