Mousehold Heath, Norfolk, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that Shepp Daniel found a Fannie Bay while he was in Darwin! :lol:

(Future Superthread location? I think so!)

Yeah, that works. :up: My middle names are my father's name and my grandfathers' names, which I quite like. My father was in turn named after his two uncles who died in the Tangiwai disaster, Douglas and John (luckily with Douglas as the first name). If my parents had had a daughter, she would've been given my mother's name and grandmothers' names as middle names.

My father wasn't entirely keen on so many middle names for me actually, but ... I think it's cool. As I've said before, one of my grandfathers' names isn't yet legally in my name despite my mother wanting it there, but I consider it there, and next time my passport comes up for renewal, I'll get onto the deed poll thing.
ooh, that's neat. :up: and you totally should add it to your name. i forget, what name is the one you'd be adding?

ooh, that's neat. :up: and you totally should add it to your name. i forget, what name is the one you'd be adding?

Thomas (maternal grandfather). It's always kind of irked me that my middle names are Douglas (father) Edward (paternal grandfather) rather than Douglas Thomas or Edward Thomas. If my father had to veto a third middle name, I wish he'd at least had the decency to cut one of the two from HIS side of the family so that both sides were acknowledged in my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom