Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my god it's going to be 38 on Laneway day here. I'm going to die.

Ooh that's good timing for you! Laneway's Saturday for us and the schedule's worked out pretty well except for the Jezabels/Warpaint clash at the end. Still not sure what to do about that one.

Oh, that's a bugger. Gotta check out the schedule again, I think Haim is clashing with Danny Brown, which is a bit of a bummer. Otherwise I think I'm safe - there's a lot of groups I'd like to see but wouldn't kick myself if I missed them, so I'm hoping to just hang out and catch whatever rather than being in a hurry, which is what it's been like in the past.

There's nothing I'm too hung up about seeing, so yeah no rushing around for us either. That's nice, especially if the heat proves to be as severe as forecast, which might mean hanging back in the shade and watching from a distance. Sure there's Chvrches and Warpaint, who I both adore, but we're going to Chvrches' sideshow and we've seen Warpaint three times before (and it's a safe bet they'll be back for a headline tour later in the year). I think our schedule's going to be something like:

Random misc early in the day (Client Liaison? Scenic? Bel Air?)
Drenge
Kirin J. Callinan
Savages
Cloud Control
Chvrches
?? (snooze through Haim to hold a spot? Go laugh at Earl Sweatshirt for having a dumb stage name?)
Lorde
The Jezabels or Warpaint

All these festivals everywhere and I can't get myself interested in any of them.

Laneway's the only one that's had consistently interesting lineups to me over the last few years.

There's that dumb festival with mostly dumb bands at my university in a month but ugh.

Hmm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

So some wankers in the UK gave Boris Johnson "Honorary Australian of the Year". The fuck? At least the citation for "displaying Australian characteristics in abundance" reads like a backhanded compliment.

Followed by Queensland. By the end of it all Australian states will become their own countries whilst the NT's government is occupied by crocodiles.

South Australia and Tasmania will be swiftly invaded by Victoria and turned into colonies.

I do find the intensified grunting from a player (if said player had not grunted earlier) during a particular stage of a match more irritating than that of a player who grunts at a consistent level.

The opposite is true for me... If a player starts grunting from the very first point, it seems obvious to me that it's a purely deliberate, tactical grunt, designed to distract or annoy the other player (and the spectators into the bargain), which annoys me. If they don't start grunting until the 3rd set, I can believe it's a grunt of effort, although it's quite likely it's still a deliberate tactic, but I can delude myself.

I think tactical grunting is a pretty dodgy and unsportsman(gender neutral)like thing to do, which also annoys me. And for myself at least, I find high-pitched noises inherently more irritating than low-pitched ones, which is one reason why I can't watch Sharapova or Azarenka (hers is less a grunt and more a very loud bird call), but I can put up with Rafa or whoever else (plus I don't think Rafa started grunting right at the start, but I didn't watch either of his last two matches all the way through). If that makes me sexist, then so be it.

In other news, I am actually considering going to Groovin(g?) the Moo in Bendigo. A friend asked me, which means that there will be at least two of us there over 30. :hmm:

I've watched a fair few Nadal matches and he's been grunting throughout all the ones I've seen. It's something that almost all the Spanish players seem to have, though.

Hey Ax, that Alpine band I think you like are going to perform at that uni festival.

Superthread! I can't get on interference on my phone anymore, so i'm on here on a computer screen for the first time in what feels like centuries!

Hey Daniel, I hope it's not too hot up your way at the moment!

Back
Top Bottom