Mount Typo, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really didn't mind The Bigger Picture. Some of the lyrical imagery actually works. I suppose you have to get it kind of right once over the space of four albums!

I miss Dream Theater with discernible bass.

Co-signed. I'm with you on Petrucci becoming overbearing as the album progresses, and, well, Rudess, I needn't repeat myself again. It's especially annoying since Myung's probably the one member of the band who isn't completely up his own arse.

Yeah now I'm starting to think we were wrong all those years wanting Myung to write more lyrics. But his bass playing still needs to come the fuck out of the shadows!

I honestly noticed very little of the drumming, which would sustain your critique of it as uninspired! But then it's hard to notice much sometimes when Rudess and Petrucci start furiously wanking each other.

Up to Illumination Theory yet?

I know my favourite DT stuff will never come back, but it's OK because Kevin Moore's still making really cool stuff elsewhere. The OSI album from last year is really good; I've been listening to it a lot lately. "Wind Won't Howl" and "For Nothing" are two of the best songs he's ever made. They're slower tracks too - normally I prefer OSI's heavy stuff but those two tracks are amazing.

I could quote any fucking one of those verses and the Superthread would collectively facepalm.

Consider this question
Look deep inside
Deliver a true confession
What are you willing to live for?

Oh thanks for the gripping insights DT!

It reads like a hopeful 15 year old submitting poetry to a high school competition.

Reading those lyrics and then reading the lyrics from the new Manics album makes me laugh a lot and be sad.

Back
Top Bottom